Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Does anyone think Rose will come back this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Basketbolero
    Grant Hill was also cleared to play and playing even though he did not feel right, see how that worked out for him.

Rose played through injuries consistenly in 2011 and especially 2012 so don't act like he is soft. If he doesn't feel ready to play, I'm disappointed as I miss watchimg him play but totally understand it, anybody who has ever played basketball or any sport at a more or less serious level understands that.

So one player got hurt, every other player who isn't "ready" should sit? His injuries in '11 and '12 were nothing compared to his last two. You play when you're cleared and told to play. Hell you can't even prove his recent injury was a result of the prior one.

Local High School Star Basketbolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    So one player got hurt, every other player who isn't "ready" should sit? His injuries in '11 and '12 were nothing compared to his last two. You play when you're cleared and told to play. Hell you can't even prove his recent injury was a result of the prior one.
    You are wrong there, you play when medical staff, coaching staff and yourself all think you are ready. This is not an office job we are talking about, it's more complex than saying: you are fixed so go out and play.

No one is saying that 2nd injury was a result of the prior one. What I am saying is the players should have the final decision after discussing all concerns with the experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Yeah. October 2014

Still 'this year'
    This, sadly...

As a Bulls fan, and I hate saying this, we need to start looking beyond him. At this point, I have no confidence in his ability to stay injury free.

OT: Don't see a GT so will post it here, LMAO at the referring of the game vs Memphis, they can't seem to get anything right

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Rose may not get many chances to compete for a title.

He may not even have a team like this in the future, if he's healthy and ready to go, no reason to sit out.

Last year, there was reason to. He had one major injury on his knee and it was all about protecting his future and getting ready for the next season.

This year, he now has another bad injury. He may ever get to play basketball at a high level, let alone play for a contender. He may as well get out there and play limited minutes and help the team, than not play at all.

I'm just tired of watching year after year of "what could of been" and disappointment. Rose would lift the team and it's fans if he showed heart and risked it all.
    Jordan won bulls 6. be happy that you chose wisely before joining the forum. You can't lose any arguments. ask swish/dondadda that. if someone is not agreeing with you then just say "but jordan is the GOAT and because i am a lifelong bulls fan from australia, i am right".

You are wrong there, you play when medical staff, coaching staff and yourself all think you are ready. This is not an office job we are talking about, it's more complex than saying: you are fixed so go out and play.

No I'm not wrong. You don't decide when to play. If medical staff and coaching staff don't feel you're ready, then you don't play. They say play, you play.

Banned

i forgot about dis clown, something will happen and he will not return even in oct 2014

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    No I'm not wrong. You don't decide when to play. If medical staff and coaching staff don't feel you're ready, then you don't play. They say play, you play.
    Well, that's what you think, however...

Thibs:
    "Before he makes the final step, everyone has to get together and sign off. That hasn't happened yet. The most important part of this is that we have to trust Derrick, and I trust him."
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ready/1974371/

And then you have his teammates saying it is HIS decision, and supporting him on that:

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...-decide-return

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...ight-to-decide

And colleagues, saying pretty much the same:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...-season-return

So yes, you are clearly wrong

ive always assumed all year that he is coming back this season. neil funk just validated it.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    The dude tore his MENISCUS. Thats supposed to be like a four week injury at best. I know, because Ive done it. Countless NBA players have done it, many came back within two weeks. Some just kept playing and had surgery after the season.

This dude has REDEFINED the word soft. Nothin against him personally, but he is SOFT.
    Rose knows his body better than anybody else. He knew after his ACL that something wasn't right. There were probably anywhere between 50 or 70 threads on these boards where guys like yourself became Rose's doctor and layed out their unexpert advice. Its totally amazing that basketball fans can't tell that Rose pivots, torques, twist unlike any other player ever in the game and is an all world class athlete. That shouldn't be that hard to tell. Rose has a high standard for himself and sets his own high standards.

If you feel something is wrong with you, you should never bow to peer pressure and do something because it worked for other people. ONLY SOFT PEOPLE do that. "Other people came back in six weeks...." after you are 16 years of age peer pressure shouldn't be a factor. He's different and may just not be a great healer. But he's his own man, and that's all he has to live with the rest of his life. It would be profoundly stupid to play and endanger his career on the account of others or the incredibly high number of haters he has.

I would like to see another player bold enough to offer a challenge to Lebron in some way. Rose is the only player to do that. And if he's soft... . It would be a lot better if other players had enough guts to say "why can't I be MVP." and then back it up. So if he's soft... . The league would be a lot better if we had another player that got up for every challenge against the best players at his position and not one came away smiling. So if he's soft... . Since Rose left Lebron has been on his own planet without much of a threat. By nature a vacuum has to be filled. So if Rose is soft... what are saying about all the other players.

Come back this year and do what? Did you guys miss him earlier this season?

16-4-3 on 35%

%

As in, .354 FG%

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    I do miss watching Rose play. Heat Bulls ECF was pretty good
    Yeah right. That series was boring. There was zero competition.

Watching Rose vs the Hawks in the playoffs was fun tho

Well, that's what you think, however...

Thibs:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ready/1974371/

And then you have his teammates saying it is HIS decision, and supporting him on that:

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...-decide-return

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...ight-to-decide

And colleagues, saying pretty much the same:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...-season-return

So yes, you are clearly wrong

That doesn't prove me wrong at all. His coach and teammates aren't going to go to the media and be like "He needs to get his ass back on the court. The doctor cleared him". That would make the organization look bad. The team doctor wouldn't clear him to play if he thought Rose had no business playing, and I'm sure he listened to Rose's input before he gave him clearance.

There's no doubt Rose will want to come back if the team continues to do this well & go into the Playoffs with HCA in the 1st round, I know the team isn't really a title contender but they'd have a shot at beating Indy if Rose could get healthy enough.

He's been out for what, 4 months now? Playoffs are still over a month away, he should come back if the injury has healed.

It doesn't mater what the fans want, you don't return from a knee injury or any injury before schedule just because 'your fans would certainly appreciate it'. the only reason to 'be out there' is being healthy enough and ready to contribute positively, which does not seem to be the case right now.

The medical staff said he will be back at training camp and that's what will happen. Anything else would be silly and irresponsible and it's not like the team has a chance at winning the championship this year. Do you want to risk the future of yout franchise player for an extra playoff round, if at all?

Besides, you were here weeks ago saying you wanted the team to tank hard and now you want Rose to come back this season? That does not sound consistent to me.

I am looking forward to his return but I am also sick of this silly speculation and trying to enjoy the nice little season the team is putting together.

Look, I had the same thoughts as you and thought the conservative approach was best and supported Rose for that action.

I was fooled into thinking that this team was heading for the tank, only that the players didn't want to buy and coach didn't want into that. Fast forward to now and we have a team that has suprisingly played really good basketball, Noah and Gibson are rolling and DJ has fit right in.

Now, if you added Rose to the equation(not saying we are contenders) and we have a team capable of giving Miami and Indy some problems.

He has had a year's grace to get his body right, but at some point you need to start earning the money on your contract and pleasing the fans...

Anyways, that's my opinion and I'm sure it will change 100 times over again