Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Andrew Harrison thinks he could have beat prime Jordan 1on1...

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    The Andrew you're thinking of is Andrew Wiggins not Harrison
    HS basketball is highly entertaining to me and I know a lot about it. Before the whole Wiggins hype train (very well deserved) Andrew was the #1 player in the nation. Kind of like how 2 years ago Austin was the #1 player in the nation before people realized Anthony Davis potential. Andrew is #5 on the 100 right now

Also I'm not using the 100 as my source. I base it mostly off the consensus opinion

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    id heard those twins were big headed but

wow
    they say everything is bigger in Texas, mouths included

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    HS basketball is highly entertaining to me and I know a lot about it. Before the whole Wiggins hype train (very well deserved) Andrew was the #1 player in the nation. Kind of like how 2 years ago Austin was the #1 player in the nation before people realized Anthony Davis potential. Andrew is #5 on the 100 right now

Also I'm not using the 100 as my source. I base it mostly off the consensus opinion
    I'm kidding I was being a smart ass
    I knew Harrison was highly ranked but I have not watched any of them actually play, only highlights. I thought the reason Wiggins overtook him was simply because of the reclassification? Wasn't Julius Randle number one for awhile? Or was that Jabari Parker?

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he was joking around.

Love Live Life

I don't understand the hype around these high school guy or stars because most of the time it seems like they turn out to be a bust in the NBA and even sometimes in college. But back to the topic, Heck if you would've asked me that at his age I would've said I can beat him too. You gotta believe and have confidence in yourself to make it

People get so offended and distraught when someone brings up something like this.

Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, etc, aren't the best one on one players in the world. I'm pretty sure Jerry Stackhouse beat MJ coming out of college. There is a story of a teammate of Jordan's challenging MJ and losing by one point to Jordan.

One on one isn't some supreme competition where the better/more skilled player always wins. Its usually the bigger, stronger and quicker guy that takes the W.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

I think context would be important, I'd think he was joking around.

Banned

silly scrub

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

nm
    Last edited by devin112; 04-10-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    People get so offended and distraught when someone brings up something like this.

Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, etc, aren't the best one on one players in the world. I'm pretty sure Jerry Stackhouse beat MJ coming out of college. There is a story of a teammate of Jordan's challenging MJ and losing by one point to Jordan.

One on one isn't some supreme competition where the better/more skilled player always wins. Its usually the bigger, stronger and quicker guy that takes the W.
    scott burrell. one of my favorite MJ stories

After one of the Bulls' practices in 1997, Scott Burrell, Jordan's teammate, challenged Jordan to a game of one on one. They played and Burrell had a good chance to beat Jordan with the score tied at six a piece (going up to seven). Burrell had the ball, but Ron Harper who was watching the game on the sidelines called Burrell for traveling. Jordan got the ball back and without hesitation drove past Burrell and dunked the ball making it a 7-6 victory. Michael got the last shot to win, but Burrell was right up in MJ's face trash talking. MJ didn't say a word and just walked off the court. A few days later Burrell convinced MJ to play again, but Jordan won easily this time. Again, Jordan just walked off the court without saying a word. But Burrell couldn't keep his mouth shut. Burrell said to MJ, "C'mon, let's go back out there and finish this!" Jordan replied, "You just want to play so you can go tell your kids when they grow up that you beat Michael Jordan once. What am I gonna tell my kids? I beat Scott Burrell? Big deal. They'll slap the hell out of me."

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

Depends on how seeiously MJ took it. I remember the stories of him beating Pippen repeatedly after practice until he was in tears.

MJ is bigger faster stronger than anything this kid could imagine. It is absurd to think he wouldn't shit on this kid (ues, I've seen him play)

Local High School Star

has it really come to this already? when young up and comers no longer respect the GOAT? where they've forgotten his airness and jordan's legacy seems no more than a myth to them?

dam kids these days.

Quote Originally Posted by f0und
    has it really come to this already? when young up and comers no longer respect the GOAT? where they've forgotten his airness and jordan's legacy seems no more than a myth to them?

dam kids these days.

In all fairness this kid wasn't even born or an infant in Jordan's prime years. He has zero perspective.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by f0und
    scott burrell. one of my favorite MJ stories

After one of the Bulls' practices in 1997, Scott Burrell, Jordan's teammate, challenged Jordan to a game of one on one. They played and Burrell had a good chance to beat Jordan with the score tied at six a piece (going up to seven). Burrell had the ball, but Ron Harper who was watching the game on the sidelines called Burrell for traveling. Jordan got the ball back and without hesitation drove past Burrell and dunked the ball making it a 7-6 victory. Michael got the last shot to win, but Burrell was right up in MJ's face trash talking. MJ didn't say a word and just walked off the court. A few days later Burrell convinced MJ to play again, but Jordan won easily this time. Again, Jordan just walked off the court without saying a word. But Burrell couldn't keep his mouth shut. Burrell said to MJ, "C'mon, let's go back out there and finish this!" Jordan replied, "You just want to play so you can go tell your kids when they grow up that you beat Michael Jordan once. What am I gonna tell my kids? I beat Scott Burrell? Big deal. They'll slap the hell out of me."

scott and michael

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    I'm kidding I was being a smart ass
    I knew Harrison was highly ranked but I have not watched any of them actually play, only highlights. I thought the reason Wiggins overtook him was simply because of the reclassification? Wasn't Julius Randle number one for awhile? Or was that Jabari Parker?
    Not sure but it was Jabari, Harrison, Harrison, Gordon before the HS season started. Randle was #5 I think. not too sure