Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

Default Re: Chris Bosh: 10x All-Star and Future Hall of Famer Appreciation Thread

Many of you already know I am a die hard New Orleans fan but I have also followed Chris Boshs' career as well. Chris Bosh is highly skilled and has a very aesthetically pleasing game. He has a Smooth jump shot that is money out to 18 feet even though Bosh extended his range to 3 point land once in Miami. Bosh shot 40% from 3 during the Heat's championship runs. If large defenders come out to check his jump shot, Bosh is athletic and skilled enough to put the ball on the floor and go right around them. He has a complete offensive game. Bosh is also a Big Time underrated defender. He is long and athletic and can cover huge portions of the floor and challenge shots at the rim. He is not the greatest post defender but there are such few low post scoring threats in the league now that it is not a big deal. I don't think there is a stretch 5 that can rebound and defend as well as Chris Bosh.

Default Re: Chris Bosh: 10x All-Star and Future Hall of Famer Appreciation Thread

I would just like to say that Bosh is also one of the most hilarious NBA players. With many classic gifs to his resume, along with classic pictures and youtube videos with itsreal85 's commentary. Only ones that rival his reign as the undisputed champ are King Lelbron and Chuckbrook/Goatbrook. Who possess even sicker gifs and wtf moments.

Just look at this monster...

Look at all hatred and anger burning in his eyes, as if he is about to cut you to pieces in his head.

Banned

What were his playoff stats from 2012-2014? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    Bosh getting appreciation?! I can't believe it, count me in! I know the Heat are overpaying him a ton, but He'll have a vintage year any time now
    Feel the exact same way.

We are overpaying our 3 highest paid players. Very frustrating.

Lol he put up 24 ppg on a Raptors team that couldn't even make the playoffs out east.

But he does get underrated by Lebron fans though. A prime Chris Bosh would be a legit #2 option on a championship caliber team. Put 09-10 Wade and 09-10 Bosh together, surround them with a bunch of defensive role players and shooters and they could possibly win a 'ship.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VIP2000
    Lol he put up 24 ppg on a Raptors team that couldn't even make the playoffs out east.

But he does get underrated by Lebron fans though. A prime Chris Bosh would be a legit #2 option on a championship caliber team. Put 09-10 Wade and 09-10 Bosh together, surround them with a bunch of defensive role players and shooters and they could possibly win a 'ship.
    Only they did make the playoffs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Chris Bosh.

Banned

warriorfan reps slimjim

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Not in 2009 or 2010

Despite some of the trolling in this thread, Bosh is a very underrated and unappreciated player. He made arguably the biggest individual sacrifice of the big-3 when joining the Heat. He went from being a first option and franchise player to a third option, and he did it in his prime. That was the first time in NBA history a player had made that transition. He then played out of position for 3 years to help the team fill a void. Again, name another perennial all-star who was asked to play out of position in the prime of their career? Anyone that understands the game knows that Bosh's impact during the Heat's championship runs went beyond the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Despite some of the trolling in this thread, Bosh is a very underrated and unappreciated player. He made arguably the biggest individual sacrifice of the big-3 when joining the Heat. He went from being a first option and franchise player to a third option, and he did it in his prime. That was the first time in NBA history a player had made that transition. He then played out of position for 3 years to help the team fill a void. Again, name another perennial all-star who was asked to play out of position in the prime of their career? Anyone that understands the game knows that Bosh's impact during the Heat's championship runs went beyond the numbers.
    Sounds as if when asked to make the transition, it was music to his ears. There was no convincing needed and he wasn't worried about stats. Just wanted to play on a winning team compared to Toronto.

"After shootaround on Saturday, with the Heat preparing for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals (8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN), Bosh was particularly forthright in regard to the player he’s become. When asked about the possibility of posting up Luis Scola should he see that matchup, Bosh said that it ain’t gonna happen.

“I don’t bang with anybody anymore,” he said. “It’s a tired thing for me. It’s not my strength and I understand that. So, be smart and play within the team offense, but be aggressive at the same time.”

When asked why he doesn’t post up, he said it’s a matter of energy. Simply, he uses too much on the other end of the floor as the Heat’s primary pick-and-roll defender in their aggressive scheme.

“It gets tiring,” he said. “What they ask us to do, to blitz the screen-and-roll every single one, close out and get back. I was already 20-30 pounds lighter than everybody else, so all that stuff just takes my energy.”

You can understand that. And with the Heat’s primary ball-handlers — LeBron James and Dwyane Wade — looking to attack the basket, Bosh’s shooting can provide the ideal complement, especially when he’s being defended by Roy Hibbert.

But Bosh added that it’s not worth his time going into the post, because that just brings extra attention from the defense.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/0...-want-to-bang/

"Only 7.5 percent of the possessions that have ended with a Bosh shot, free throw or turnover this season have come in the post, down from 14.1 percent last season. His first two seasons with the Heat, he posted up 23.5 percent and 23.6 percent of the time, respectively. In his final season with the Toronto Raptors when he was a go-to scorer, he posted up 35 percent of the time.

This decline for Bosh is part of the ever-evolving role of today's big man. The Heat value spacing the floor to give LeBron James and Dwyane Wade room to operate, and putting Bosh and sometimes a second big man around the basket takes away that space. Bosh has accepted his role perfectly and focused much more on extending the range on his jumper and playing stellar defense while demanding the ball much less.

His responsibilities in other parts of the game make it an easy choice for him to abandon wanting the ball in the post so much.

It doesn't help Bosh is playing at a heavier weight than when he entered the league in 2003.

"Just playing at an elite level, you play better defenders," Bosh said. "It gets tiring. What they ask us to do, to blitz the screen and roll, every single one, close out and get back. I wasn't this same weight. I was already 20-30 pounds lighter than anybody else. All that stuff just takes my energy."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...t-bang-anymore

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

[QUOTE=Hey Yo]Sounds as if when asked to make the transition, it was music to his ears. There was no convincing needed and he wasn't worried about stats. Just wanted to play on a winning team compared to Toronto.

"After shootaround on Saturday, with the Heat preparing for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals (8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN), Bosh was particularly forthright in regard to the player he

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Uh, no. He averaged 24ppg in 2009-10, where the Raptors ended up losing the 8th seed to a Chicago Bulls team led by 2nd year Derrick Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    tldnr bosh is a 10x all star and hall of famer deal with it