Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Karl Malone on Dan Patrick Show "Charles is the 3d Best PF, Duncan is a Center...

This just in:

Rolling Stones consider The Beatles more of a jazz band.

Default Re: Karl Malone on Dan Patrick Show "Charles is the 3d Best PF, Duncan is a Center...

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    This just in:

Rolling Stones consider The Beatles more of a jazz band.

Charles was a better Pf than Malone.. Malone needed Stockton a lil too much..

Charles was simply a beast.. Ripping down boards and going coast to coast..

Very good NBA starter

Malone is one bitter mofo. Even Jerry Sloan has said Duncan is one of the best PF's ever. Charles Barkley said it in the interview in the OP.

Either way, Karl Malone a couple years ago said he doesn't even care about rankings... dude just seems like a hater who misses being in the limelight.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt Lake City press
    So, Mailman, are you the best ever?

"I don't know," Malone answered when asked the question during a recent KSL-TV interview.

Malone admitted that he never even thought about those types of things during his playing days.

"Being the best power forward or the best player," he said, "I will tell you without a doubt I never thought I was."

When it came to being ready to play, however, Malone definitely believes he held that advantage.

"Not one time," he said, "did I step on the floor physically and think that somebody was in better conditioning than I was."
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...rd.html?pg=all

Tim Duncan's prime was playing Power Forward and he's never won a title playing full time center (in 2007 Oberto/Elson battled all season for starting center), yet he's capable of shifting to the 5. He'll be categorized as a PF/C just like Pau Gasol, Jermaine Oneal, Chis Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Al Horford, Antonio McDyess, Otis Thorpe, Kevin McHale and so many other PF's who could play the 5. This season actually, Duncan has played more PF, as Tiago Splitter is taking the reigns at center (he's definitely a natural center, much more than Duncan).

Here's Duncan hitting a game winning shot over the Jazz in 2003... WHILE Malone is guarding him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWqwvE5KVW8

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoejoe
    Barkley vs malone in prime is debatable but malone has done more in his career, either way duncan will always be considered superior to both whether be prime or accomplishments
    Prime Barkley Was Better from 1985 to 1995. Ages 22-32 . From that Stretch Barkley Outplayed Malone, Had a Higher PER, WS, OWS, Plus/Minus, WS Per 48 Minutes and Was Seen By Most as the Best PF.

As Barkley Lost his Leaping Ability, Mobilty and His Back Injuries (same as Bird) and then Knee Injuries Appeared Malone Took Over as the Best PF around 1995-96. Charles last Year with the Suns. Charles Barkley With the Rockets was Just a Role Player and He Himself said He Could No Longer Play and Was Set To Retire in 1995 but Ainge Convinced him not Too.

Duncan is More of a CF than a PF same with Hakeem but with Better Handles and Less of an Offensive Threat.

Prime Barkley is Clearly the Best PF Ever

If You Like Longevity Over Dominance then Take Malone.
    Last edited by Round Mound; 01-25-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Karl Malone's crazy. I'd put Duncan at 1, Barkley at 2, and Malone 3 at best. he might even be tied with Garnett for third.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    In the modern era, most centers are the equivalent to power forwards of Malone's years. So yes, Duncan is a center now. But I had no problem seeing him as a PF for the first decade of his career.

Duncan is a center in any era. He was only a PF because David Robinson was still on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Malone is one bitter mofo. Even Jerry Sloan has said Duncan is one of the best PF's ever. Charles Barkley said it in the interview in the OP.

Either way, Karl Malone a couple years ago said he doesn't even care about rankings... dude just seems like a hater who misses being in the limelight.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...rd.html?pg=all

Tim Duncan's prime was playing Power Forward and he's never won a title playing full time center (in 2007 Oberto/Elson battled all season for starting center), yet he's capable of shifting to the 5. He'll be categorized as a PF/C just like Pau Gasol, Jermaine Oneal, Chis Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Al Horford, Antonio McDyess, Otis Thorpe, Kevin McHale and so many other PF's who could play the 5. This season actually, Duncan has played more PF, as Tiago Splitter is taking the reigns at center (he's definitely a natural center, much more than Duncan).

Here's Duncan hitting a game winning shot over the Jazz in 2003... WHILE Malone is guarding him.

Malone Was Like 40 Years Old When That Happened.

Had Duncan Faced Malone and Sir Charles in Their 20s and Early-Mid 90s He Would Have Suffered On the Defensive Side More Than Them.
    Last edited by Round Mound; 01-25-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Duncan > Barkley > Garnett > Malone

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Duncan > Barkley > Garnett > Malone
    switch kg and malone

malone over KG anytime anyday

I am your soldier!

Why are you all so surprised about this?

A competitive, cocky, all-time great, that thinks he's great... Stop the presses!

Karl seems like a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Duncan has played more PF, as Tiago Splitter is taking the reigns at center (he's definitely a natural center, much more than Duncan).

I've watched the games too, and that's not true. Duncan is the starting C. When Splitter is on the floor, they split more. But Splitter hasn't been starting all year. Not only that, but Duncan is still mostly at C when Splitter is on the floor.

Splitter is not a more natural C than Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan is a center who played alongside David Robinson. Therefore, he ended up the PF. I saw him in college too. He was a C, projected to be a C, and if Robinson hadn't gotten hurt Duncan would have played center on any team that could have drafted him...including San Antonio, had Robinson decided to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I've watched the games too, and that's not true. Duncan is the starting C. When Splitter is on the floor, they split more. But Splitter hasn't been starting all year. Not only that, but Duncan is still mostly at C when Splitter is on the floor.

Splitter is not a more natural C than Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan is a center who played alongside David Robinson. Therefore, he ended up the PF. I saw him in college too. He was a C, projected to be a C, and if Robinson hadn't gotten hurt Duncan would have played center on any team that could have drafted him...including San Antonio, had Robinson decided to retire.
    [B]True but Duncan Fans Wan`t To Force the Powerfoward Issue So He Can Rank N

Spurs have started other guys at Center besides Robinson over the years. They were just scrubby, big-body guys like Nesterovic, Muhammed, Willis, Oberto, and Elson... so nobody remembers them.

I'd say Duncan has played Center since maybe 2007-2008. That was more out of necessity though, as the league changed, and it became all about spreading the floor and getting the rim (and the FT line). I mean, can you imagine an early 2000's Popovich team playing like they do now? Shooting all these 3's? Pop would probably have had a heart attack.

And I have no problem with Malone over KG. I just feel like KG has both the higher peak and better accolades.