Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Timberwolves accused of racism

what a joke...

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wo...1.html?refer=y

"Terrell calls it "scary" that the Wolves would assemble a roster almost 70 percent white in a sport so dominated by blacks. For Edwards, the numbers trouble him by the "historical view," what he calls a "nullification of diversity and a reversal of history."
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 10-29-2012 at 02:31 PM.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default Re: Timberwolves accused of racism

"Adelman has referred to his players as a "smart team, a very smart team," a tag that likely will be repeated often this season in a world where black players often are stereotyped as athletic and white players as smart."

I cant believe what I just read.

Decent playground baller v1ncelis's Avatar

Wow ... just wow. This is going way to far.

Believe

why did i respond to this -.-
    Last edited by kmartshopper; 10-29-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Stereotypes are very real in basketball. See Jeremy Lin being a smart pg.

However I don't care about this.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic

"Adelman has referred to his players as a "smart team, a very smart team," a tag that likely will be repeated often this season in a world where black players often are stereotyped as athletic and white players as smart."

I cant believe what I just read.
    Adelman didn't say his team is a smart team because they're a white team.

But the goof in your avatar (Garnett) is a shining example of dumb-ass black millionaire elite sports players who try to act like ghetto hood rats and give being black a bad name in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    what a joke...

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wo...1.html?refer=y

"Terrell calls it "scary" that the Wolves would assemble a roster almost 70 percent white in a sport so dominated by blacks. For Edwards, the numbers trouble him by the "historical view," what he calls a "nullification of diversity and a reversal of history."

A few Timberwolves players chime in on it as does the Wolves organization. Let's just say the owner DOES want to assemble a mostly white team to cater to fans? Who gives a shit, it's his team. As long as he's treating people of all ethnicity with dignity and respect I don't see the issue although I strongly believe this roster is more coincidence.

We need white civil rights guys now crying about how predominantly black the league is
    First off you're stupid.

Secondly, if he is hiring weaker white players in leui of stronger black players that want to be there thats shady.

It's his team, but It's not his league and everyone has the right to comment. Your first reaction to make a fuss about the amount of black players in the league is some bitchmade silly shit. You suck as a person and a poster. Go hunt some ghosts and stop posting about basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Dawn

But the goof in your avatar (Garnett) is a shining example of dumb-ass black millionaire elite sports players who try to act like ghetto hood rats and give being black a bad name in the process.
    KG is very intelligent, stop hating.

Banned

I agree that this had to be a coincidence, but disagree with CF86's 2nd paragraph. Unless you're in a situation where the quota system is needed (see post apartheid South Africa), it's morally wrong IMO to pick a team of just white/black/brown/pink/green/etc. players with no regard to whether a better player of a different race is simply the much better fit. You're actually doing your own team a great disservice and creating a culture of segregation.

That said, this 'Wolves thing is ridiculous. I'd question the people bringing this issue up. They themselves need to take a hard look in the mirror and figure out what they stand for, because from where I sit that Tyrone Terrell guy sounds like the real racist.

lol @ B. Roys Comment:

"The only problem we have is in the weight room, arguing over what music we're going to listen to."

Certified ISHiot.

Someone should do a calculation: what percentage of players in the entire history of the Minnesota Timberwolves have been white?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Dawn

If you let the 1% of blacks in pro sports make you dislike the other 99% of blacks in the world then you're a dumbass and not worthy of human companionship. It's like me hating all whites because of slavery or the KKK.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    First off you're stupid.

Secondly, if he is hiring weaker white players in leui of stronger black players that want to be there thats shady.

It's his team, but It's not his league and everyone has the right to comment. Your first reaction to make a fuss about the amount of black players in the league is some bitchmade silly shit. You suck as a person and a poster. Go hunt some ghosts and stop posting about basketball.
    Quit talking out of your ass douche. I was simply saying even if he assembled an all white team to cater to Minnesota, as long as he's treating others with respect, nothing is "racist" about it. Racism is the belief or actions upon that belief that your race is superior. If I assemble an all white team because I think it would be unique or different that's not related to RACISM. All of these non black players are extremely talented on the Wolves.

I personally don't have ANY issue with how many black players are in the league I just find it humorous how civil rights leaders cry about petty shit like this yet they are quiet if the league is 99 percent black. It makes no sense at all.

That's retarded, anyone who knows Rick Adelman knows he'll play anyone as long as they have a basketball IQ. Serious question, has Rick Adelman ever coached a dumb team? No because by the end of the year he gets rid of the players he feels don't make good enough decisions.