Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned

Default Re: Where should Steve Nash go?

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Um, yes I am.

In Miami he wouldn't get payed much at all. With the Knicks he'd get about double what he'd make with the Heat. If he wants to get payed he can go to Toronto or stay in Phoenix, if he wants a shot at a title he will wisely take less to be part of a contender. I don't think Nash wants to rot away the last year(s) of his career on a garbage franchise.

Yes, Nash is going from making $12 million a season to making 1/3 of that playing in a system that doesn't even utilize his strengths as a distributor because he'd be playing with two ball dominant scorers.

I'm not sure people who suggest these sorts of things even bother to watch basketball. They just recognize big name A and figure he should fit alongside big name B and C, based purely on the fact that they're big names.

"It just makes sense!"

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL

Yes, Nash is going from making $12 million a season to making 1/3 of that playing in a system that doesn't even utilize his strengths as a distributor because he'd be playing with two ball dominant scorers.

I'm not sure people who suggest these sorts of things even bother to watch basketball. They just recognize big name A and figure he should fit alongside big name B and C, based purely on the fact that they're big names.

"It just makes sense!"
    I see you referring to the Heat as being a bad option, which I already said. On the other hand I'm speaking about the Knicks who have only one dominant ball scorer and a handful of guys who need to be set up, either three point shooters or guys who are at their best when they have their shots created for them around the basket. If you bothered to read my posts you'd realize I wasn't just spewing out "He should go to the Knicks!" with no further analysis.

Banned

I see you referring to the Heat as being a bad option, which I already said. On the other hand I'm speaking about the Knicks who have only one dominant ball scorer and a handful of guys who need to be set up, either three point shooters or guys who are at their best when they have their shots created for them around the basket. If you bothered to read my posts you'd realize I wasn't just spewing out "He should go to the Knicks!" with no further analysis.
    I read your posts. The idea of Nash to New York still doesn't make sense when you account for EVERYTHING they're going through to keep Jeremy Lin moving forward, in addition to how little they can actually offer Steve Nash. This is all without acknowledging Melo's reputation as a ball stopper and ISO player. That doesn't just go away over night because you bring a star PG into the fold.

Nash isn't a permanent solution for the Knicks. Look at the potential title contenders right now like Miami, Chicago, Oklahoma City... teams with young pieces and superstars who will be capable of staying relevant for years. Signing Nash is putting a band-aid over a gaping flesh wound.

Sure, maybe Nash helps get NY out of the first round (which is embarrassing that a team comprised of Melo and STAT needs help doing that to begin with) but in two years he retires and they'll be back to square one. Not only that but they've been mired in mediocre team hell for so long that they wouldn't even be able to draft to fill needs.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    For championship, Heat.

For money, Raptors.

For a little bit of both, Knicks.
    Well said

Banned

Raptors

I read your posts. The idea of Nash to New York still doesn't make sense when you account for EVERYTHING they're going through to keep Jeremy Lin moving forward, in addition to how little they can actually offer Steve Nash. This is all without acknowledging Melo's reputation as a ball stopper and ISO player. That doesn't just go away over night because you bring a star PG into the fold.

Nash isn't a permanent solution for the Knicks. Look at the potential title contenders right now like Miami, Chicago, Oklahoma City... teams with young pieces and superstars who will be capable of staying relevant for years. Signing Nash is putting a band-aid over a gaping flesh wound.

Sure, maybe Nash helps get NY out of the first round (which is embarrassing that a team comprised of Melo and STAT needs help doing that to begin with) but in two years he retires and they'll be back to square one. Not only that but they've been mired in mediocre team hell for so long that they wouldn't even be able to draft to fill needs.
    Okay let's work through this logically.

Everyone knows the Knicks are trying to get Lin back. Contrast to popular belief (and all the crazy predicaments that have been brought on by Linsanity) Jeremy Lin at his best is hardly a top 15 point guard. He's not going to take the Knicks to the next level, neither is he going to command much respect from his all-star teammates (as was shown when Melo came back this past year from injury and things resorted back to their pre-Linsanity ways, shortly before he went out for the season). Lin isn't a high caliber starting point guard in the NBA and that's obvious. He's clearly much more fitted to give you solid minutes off the bench running the show.

Now, let's compare that to one of the all time great point guards in Steve Nash. Nash is a proven guy, and has been a solid winner for most of his career. There is no doubt he commands much respect, not only as a prolific passer and scorer but at his age he's still one of the best floor generals we have in today's game. You mean to tell me that if Nash comes in he isn't going to command the respect of the guys already there? That's ridiculous. Your telling me Melo will look at Nash the same way as he does Lin? The difference would be monumental. Not only would this help Melo out a handful, but the offense would flourish as it should with so many weapons on that end. The Heat just won a championship with two ball dominant superstars leading the charge, and your telling me because Melo is so isolation dependent that there is no way he could embrace the potential best point guard he has ever played next to in order to amount for higher success? This honestly astounds me.

Obviously this isn't a long term solution for the Knicks, that's a given. But having him head the offense for this distraught New York Knicks (their biggest issue after letting Chauncey go in order to sign Tyson Chandler) will no doubt make them a much better team. There's no guessing or assuming in this situation. Nash is the kind of player who can walk into any team and immediately make and impact, and clearly this team needs him more than any other.

What do you expect, Melo to rip the ball out of Nash's hands and say, "Go stand in the fvcking corner" ? Damn, give Melo a little credit. The reason that Knicks team was so ugly and out of order this past season because they had no vocal leader on the floor. Nash could easily walk in and make this team better from day 1. If you don't see that you are just a straight moron.

Banned

Tl; dr

Bumping thread when Nash doesn't sign with New York.

The low in intellect usually don't. Doesn't surprise me.

Banned

The low in intellect usually don't. Doesn't surprise me.
    I'm far more intelligent than you are and my posts outline the fact rather succinctly. What a tragic misnomer on your behalf.

You're arguing a non-point regarding players and teams you don't even have an invested interest in. Continue wasting time if that's your thing, but it's not going to change the reality of the situation.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Raptors

I'm far more intelligent than you are and my posts outline the fact rather succinctly. What a tragic misnomer on your behalf.

You're arguing a non-point regarding players and teams you don't even have an invested interest in. Continue wasting time if that's your thing, but it's not going to change the reality of the situation.
    tl;dr

You are no longer noted in my book as able to have a worthy basketball conversation with.

Am I one of the only ones who thinks Nash on the Knicks would give them immediate championship possibilities? Their problem last year was having so many isolation players, no one to really distribute and run the offense. He fits their biggest, most desperate need. I think he should absolutely go there.
    Not only that but he's looking (no hate, i respect) a nice payday. If he won a title in NY (longshot as it would be) or even played so well here that he became somewhat of a "NY Guy" he'd be set for life. Every business, anything. He wants to be a businesman post career, well guess what? Our owner, as much of a dick as he is, is a billionaire whose main friends are wall street types who control the $ invested.

We could get him if we showed a little creativity and balls. Backload Lin and give Nash the full money (Lin being tutored as a backup to Nash is so great id hardly believe it).

Banned

tl;dr

You are no longer noted in my book as able to have a worthy basketball conversation with.
    That's not even clever.

Since I can't, for the life of me, recall reading one of your posts up until this thread, I can safely predict a future free of waking up in a cold sweat at night, wondering what "could have been" had you deemed me worthy of your casual fans grasp of the game.

Learning to shoot layups

Raptors

I am literally praying for this.