Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jabari Parker

Default Re: Jabari Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    Yup. He should stay away from there.

I'm guessing he just wasn't interested, cause I can't imagine Romar slacking on Parker, and I doubt Parker is at all concerned about playing time.
    Izzo would make him an amazing defender. We all know he can score with the best of them, but he has stated numerous times that he wants to be known for his defense as well. Plus, Michigan State is a great program all around with some great recruits coming in over the next couple of years. Sure the alumni are not very overwhelming in terms of NBA success, but I think that's due more to the style of play Izzo likes rather than talent in general. He won't get the same type of hype compared to if he goes to UK or Duke, but it looks like the hype is already at max anyways so I don't even know if that matters.

I WILL concede however that if his intention is to be a 1 and done, then I'm not sure MSU is a great fit for him. Would be better off at UK tbh. However, I once said this about Kyrie and him going to Duke and we all know how that turned out
    Last edited by Burgz V2; 08-05-2012 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    Aye.... you a KU fan or do you just recognize the supreme coaching abilities of Mr. Self?
    a little of both. fan of texas but kansas is up there. and ya their coach is a bawwwss

same class as Wiggins?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    Izzo would make him an amazing defender. We all know he can score with the best of them, but he has stated numerous times that he wants to be known for his defense as well. Plus, Michigan State is a great program all around with some great recruits coming in over the next couple of years. Sure the alumni are not very overwhelming in terms of NBA success, but I think that's due more to the style of play Izzo likes rather than talent in general. He won't get the same type of hype compared to if he goes to UK or Duke, but it looks like the hype is already at max anyways so I don't even know if that matters.

I WILL concede however that if his intention is to be a 1 and done, then I'm not sure MSU is a great fit for him. Would be better off at UK tbh. However, I once said this about Kyrie and him going to Duke and we all know how that turned out
    We didn't see much of it to know how it would turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by JrueHoliday11
    same class as Wiggins?
    Wiggins is in 2014 but is probably going to reclassify to join the same class as Parker in 2013.

For all intentive purposes, it would be absolutely hilarious if Wiggins & Parker teamed up at Kentucky to play for Coach Cal. I can only imagine the outcry of the media & other programs demanding they look into Cal's recruiting methods ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    We didn't see much of it to know how it would turn out.
    true but I'm referring more to his decision to go to duke rather than his decision to go to the draft

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

Haven't seen any of them play live, but from highlight tapes it looks like Andrew Wiggins can create more for himself on the offensive end and is a menace on D. Jabari Parker is explosive and very athletic but doesn't seem able to create for himself. Just open jumpers, fast break dunks and open buckets created by guards. Granted I've only seen highlight tapes, and both are easily 1 and 2 (if AW reclassifies), but at this point I'd take AW 10/10 times.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Parker injured this past EYBL season so Wiggins was able to shine more.

Local High School Star MasterDurant24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
    Haven't seen any of them play live, but from highlight tapes it looks like Andrew Wiggins can create more for himself on the offensive end and is a menace on D. Jabari Parker is explosive and very athletic but doesn't seem able to create for himself. Just open jumpers, fast break dunks and open buckets created by guards. Granted I've only seen highlight tapes, and both are easily 1 and 2 (if AW reclassifies), but at this point I'd take AW 10/10 times.
    I've seen them both live and Jabari Parker can definetly create for himself, infact I would say thats what makes him special. Real good at getting his shot off the dribble. The difference between them is that Parker can also play inside like a PF in addition to the perimeter while Wiggins is strictly a perimeter player. Not that is knock on Wiggin's game, who I do think will end up being the better player between the two.

And now for the Senior season...

Just added Uconn to his list, lets goooo

Star HS senior forward Jabari Parker narrows list

-----------

Simeon Career Academy (Chicago) forward Jabari Parker, the nation's No. 1-ranked senior, cut his list to five schools on Friday, and it includes BYU, Duke, Florida, Michigan State and Stanford.

Parker originally released a list of 10 schools he was considering in July, and it included DePaul, Georgetown, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina. Of that list, Georgetown and Kentucky did not make in-home visits. Connecticut wasn't on his first list but was also allowed a home visit.

Parker will now set up official visits to all five schools and is expected to commit in November. He's scheduled to visit Duke on Oct. 27 and Florida on Nov. 2.

-- ESPN.com

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

So sad Illinois still can't get the big time recruits at home.

I mean he had BYU on his list.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

It's possible no team will get him now. The age for mormon men to go on missions was just changed to 18 from 19 so he can forego college altogether by going on his mission for 2 years right out of high school and on to the NBA.