Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Popovich: White People Don

Real proud of some of my ISH boyz responses. It's clear that many of the responses are based from an educated perspective on the matter. I don't have the solution to the issue, so I won't comment on how bad something is without a proposed solution.

Its a bunch of victim mentality shit... White Privilege my ass.

From the videos you see on social media and black culture, it seems like Blacks usually have all the fun in the world setting the tone at their high schools/colleges by being obnoxious and loud and arrogant, but that wont translate to success in the job life. Never the less, theyre avtually a successful immigrant group.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Great post. Race was/is a construct for economic manipulation. There has never been an admission to the horrors done and continued to be done in its name. Books that are required reading like a Brave New World show its projection into the future as an economic construct. Weird, that people can read that book and not come away with realizing that. Your points are well made Dro.
    I really need to get on finishing this.

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Real proud of some of my ISH boyz responses. It's clear that many of the responses are based from an educated perspective on the matter. I don't have the solution to the issue, so I won't comment on how bad something is without a proposed solution.
    Various responses are necessary other than racism obviously
    - A big one for me has to be spending big money on projects. A lot of little kids go to violence as they don't see any other way. Especially kids of divorced parents, sometimes it's the only visible way of making some cash. Spend money on projects to get gangs out, focus more on schools and scholarships from schools there to get kids the fck out of there or at least give them more options. Find ways to get more jobs open there, make it a priority to find middle class jobs so surviving is easier and you don't have to rely on crime to do it. Add more police and police stations near these segments so these neighborhoods are under watch much more than anywhere else. This would take billions and billions of cash though, as I only mentioned a couple of things they could do in these neighborhoods.
    - privatized prisons. Shut these down since they are pretty much the current version of slavery with the way people get paid worse than sweatshops. It also incentivizes cops to arrest more people, leading to more confrontation.
    - Stop putting people in jail for smoking.
    - Have some sort of check-up for guns. Not saying all out ban, but go through a process where you're mentally stable or don't have a criminal record to get one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Funny, the debates were on a few nights ago and most of you didn't notice the part where they said Stop and Frisk was un-Constitutional because it singled out Blacks and Latinos in NYC. 88% of the stops were harassment stops. Trump was proposing something un-Constitutional because of its slant. 80 million people watched the debates but it only went over the contributors to this post - not Dragonyeuw or the OP.
    You are cancer.

Also, do you have autism? I'd bet my life that you do

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
    You are cancer.

Also, do you have autism? I'd bet my life that you do
    I live in NY. Stop and frisk was BS, and was struck down by a federal court for a reason. It proportionately targeted minorities, and it statistically did not decrease crime at all here.

If you're going to call someone else out, back it up.

NBA sixth man of the year

Some statistics..these are from 2013...

Let's look at some FBI 2013 Statistics taken from 11,000 agencies

- Table 43A

Murder/Manslaughter - Whites 3,799...Blacks 4,379

Rape - Whites 8,946.....Blacks 4,226

Robbery - Whites 32,945....Blacks 44,271

Aggregated Assault - Whites 183,092....Blacks 98,748

Burglary - Whites 136,990....Blacks 61,709

Larceny/Theft - Whites 677,173....Blacks 284,358

Weapons - Whites 65,317...Blacks 44,671

Drugs - Whites 815,181....Blacks 365,785

Family/Children - 51,017....Blacks 25,519

Looks like to me that the major criminal offenders in the good ole USA are white people but the majority of people in jails/prisons are minorities....not to mention that during the Clinton Administration more money was spent on prisons that then on education, job training in low income inner city neighborhoods..that is why Black lives matter is making such a fuss...I'm not saying there's not people in black lives matter who are only out for personal gain, this exists in EVERY organization. But there is a reason the movement exist. For the same reason any other movement exists. Because there is a perceived/actual reason for it.

NBA sixth man of the year

And just some background me before anybody thinks I'm some radical dude who doesn't like white people or some shit...I am your typical dreadheaded black guy, the kind've guy who DOES get followed by the police. I've had police bust u-turns out of the blue to follow me late night when there's no one else on the street. And I have absolutely no criminal record, but at the same time, I look like Two Chains or some sh*t. But I am THEE black dude in the office with all the white folks, thats me. Most of my jobs have been like that and I get along with ANYBODY. My personality is so laid back that chances are, that weird dude in your office that nobody talks to cause he's so weird? I'm probably the only guy who gets along with him. Thats me. So I wanted to say that to give a fair assessment that my position comes from one of facts, not hate or discrimination. Currently all 3 of my supervisors are white women and I get along with them better than anyone here.

Now, in the past when I've had white male supervisors, I have been treated differently, I can say that. And my personality is always the same. I have VERY strong opinions on a lot of subjects but I'm NOT confrontational so I just generally get along with most people. But this is a topic, I've been studying up on for a long time. I even experiment on job applications. I will put that I'm a white male to see how many responses I get and its OVERWHELMINGLY slanted when I do that. These are jobs I don't even qualify for but I get more responses to those simply because I'm putting that I'm white. Anybody who doesn't believe this, try it for yourself. I also apply to the same jobs as black and I'm lucky to get a few responses..

Does this mean all jobs look for white people? Of course not. But it does give you an insight into the fact that people still judge books by their covers. I think we as black folks just get tired of hearing people act like NONE of this exists and just want to sweep shit under the rug. Are there white people down and out, struggling? Of course there are. Are there entire, poor white neighborhoods worse than my hood? Of course they are. What plagues them? The same shit, drugs, lack of education and opportunity. Come to the southside of Indianapolis and you will see this is RAMPANT.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    Various responses are necessary other than racism obviously
    - A big one for me has to be spending big money on projects. A lot of little kids go to violence as they don't see any other way. Especially kids of divorced parents, sometimes it's the only visible way of making some cash. Spend money on projects to get gangs out, focus more on schools and scholarships from schools there to get kids the fck out of there or at least give them more options. Find ways to get more jobs open there, make it a priority to find middle class jobs so surviving is easier and you don't have to rely on crime to do it. Add more police and police stations near these segments so these neighborhoods are under watch much more than anywhere else. This would take billions and billions of cash though, as I only mentioned a couple of things they could do in these neighborhoods.
    - privatized prisons. Shut these down since they are pretty much the current version of slavery with the way people get paid worse than sweatshops. It also incentivizes cops to arrest more people, leading to more confrontation.
    - Stop putting people in jail for smoking.
    - Have some sort of check-up for guns. Not saying all out ban, but go through a process where you're mentally stable or don't have a criminal record to get one.
    Also we can stop it before it starts by passing laws stating that you can't have kids unless you can afford them. This would ofcourse entail some metrics and it would need to all be sorted out but we have to stop worrying about violation of civil rights if we want to solve this problemand implementing such a stature would violate the freedom if anyone having kids. This is the main problem, ghetto breeding when they have no business brining a child into the world that they can't afford. Maybe some kind of sterile pill is taken and when you demonstrate you can have kids after proving responsibily and that you can afford to have them. you take another pill to cancel it out. Many details to work out, but this could work.
    Last edited by egokiller; 09-28-2016 at 02:44 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Its a bunch of victim mentality shit... White Privilege my ass.

From the videos you see on social media and black culture, it seems like Blacks usually have all the fun in the world setting the tone at their high schools/colleges by being obnoxious and loud and arrogant, but that wont translate to success in the job life. Never the less, theyre avtually a successful immigrant group.
    You need to do some reading dude.

If reading isn't your thing watch season 4 of The Wire.

Either way you need to do a little more analysis on the subject. If you decide to talk about it that is..

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen
    I live in NY. Stop and frisk was BS, and was struck down by a federal court for a reason. It proportionately targeted minorities, and it statistically did not decrease crime at all here.

If you're going to call someone else out, back it up.
    Trump already backed him up by stating that the crime rate did go down drastically when stop and frisk was implemented.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat

But I will. It's because black men are extremely more likely to be actually doing some criminal shit.
    Even if that's the case, it's not like some large % of black people are committing violent crimes. That's still a small %, even if it is a larger % then for every other race. So with that being the case, it still doesn't make sense to "target" and be trigger-happy with any group of people.

Great college starter

The prevailing narrative that blacks are just more violent is incredibly ignorant and short sighted. Excluding an obviously major factor like poverty's role is simply evidence that there's an agenda. Here are two facts:

-Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).
    -Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8–2.5 per 1,000)

In fact, if you control for poverty-levels, Whites are statistically more pron to violence than Blacks, who are both far more prone to violence than Hispanics

-Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000)
    -Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

*Source

The prevalence of greater black crime is obviously going to be slanted due to the other points being presented in this thread about economic oppression and poverty - just look at the poverty statistics

The problem with police and minorities in the US isn't one born out of a "victims" mentality. It's weird that people who don't experience the issue feel they can deny its existence. If your sisters/mother/daughter said they were discriminated against for being female would you deny it? I suppose asking this question to people who already believe they can deny the experiences of millions of others is redundant, but give it some thought

The US isn't perfect. No place is. Different people have different experiences everywhere. There definitely is a problem with race relations. There definitely is a problem with police interaction with different races. There's a problem with relations between different gender/sexuality/religion etc. These things come with diversity and there will never be perfection there but the sure sign of a rift is when groups begin believing they can deny the experiences of the others, as with denial comes suppression. How quickly it goes from "These people are making a stand and we should listen to them!" to "These people again? What now? They won't stop complaining" when you believe you know better or that you've been generous enough. There's a word for that, y'know

Thanks Pop for telling people what I don't understand.

..... DUMB

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    What on earth are you even trying to say with this?