Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Ben Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Can we wait a second? Beasley scored 40+ with 10+ boards like 4 times as a freshman.

Against teams like Kansas.

He's a stud but let's wait and see what he does against the elites.

Like...his team just scored 119 points. That's literally never going to happen again. They may not get within 30 of that again.
    Could Beas pass or dribble like Simmons? Defend like Simmons?

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    He's gonna need a godly mid-range jumper and post game if he wants to dominate the NBA like college. I believe in him.
    Given his athleticism and natural ability, a godly midrange game isn't really necessary. It would be nice if he improves a bit though. But isn't he shooting nearly 80% from the free throw line? Pretty good indicator of his shooting ability and potential.

Does he not have a decent post game already? Every time I see him he is overpowering defenders in the post. Doesn't have to be too pretty when you're 6'9.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Can we wait a second? Beasley scored 40+ with 10+ boards like 4 times as a freshman.

Against teams like Kansas.

He's a stud but let's wait and see what he does against the elites.

Like...his team just scored 119 points. That's literally never going to happen again. They may not get within 30 of that again.

Beasley was superstar talented just lacked work ethic. Getting drafted to Miami was part of the problem

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    And he may rot on the Sixers. That should be a crime
    If there is a god, he'll end up in Boston.

Pick up ya game brooklyn, we dont want any more wins from you this year and throw in the next two years for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Given his athleticism and natural ability, a godly midrange game isn't really necessary. It would be nice if he improves a bit though. But isn't he shooting nearly 80% from the free throw line? Pretty good indicator of his shooting ability and potential.

Does he not have a decent post game already? Every time I see him he is overpowering defenders in the post. Doesn't have to be too pretty when you're 6'9.
    I think it is necesary. He does incredible damage exclusively inside the paint, but he needs to learn how to change pace when he's making moves in the paint...he needs counter moves, ways to deal with being shaded to help defense, etc.

He definitely needs to develop an elite 10-15 foot range game if he wants to be a top 10 NBA player. He's not a center, so he needs to extend his repertoire a couple feet or his team will suffer.

10 feet and in is just not enough of a range for someone who should have the ball in his hands so much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    If there is a god, he'll end up in Boston.
    His game is too flashy for Boston, although his emotionless face could make him less appealing.

Boston usually has gritty players as their franchise centerpiece.

Banned

Simmons will have a great career with the Houston Rockets.

Beverley
    Harden
    Durant
    Simmons
    Capela

I smell a dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Simmons will have a great career with the Houston Rockets.

Beverley
    Harden
    Durant
    Simmons
    Capela

I smell a dynasty
    Harden + Simmons would be even worse than Harden + Lawson.

Their games aren't compatible.

next LeBron

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Maybe my favorite part of his game is how efficient he can be. Had a bad game against Charleston and I know this isn't how stats work, but remove that 7 turnover game and he only has 8 turnovers in his other 6 games. Which is incredible for a guy with his usage and position. Watch him play and he's not really a point forward. The guy is legitimately playing PG most of the game. Like an actual floor general and not some wing who so happens to be a talented passer.

Next coming of Magic.

How's his outside shot?

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

76ers dont deserve him, fvck them

If lakers has 1st or 2nd worst record, what are their odds of losing the pick? also if they get 1 or 2... skal isn't a bad consolation. Jaylen Brown is eh. Josh Jackson looks sick in 2017 however. Maybe better than Ben Simmons. Lakers pick is also top 3 protected in 2017 if we get a pick in 2016, but we prob won't be that bad 2 years in a row to get a top 3 pick back to back years? If we do then I guess we have a good chance of either getting a top 3 pick at least within the next 2 years if we lose our pick this year we probably can get Josh Jackson or whoever 2017. I just don't want Philly to get a lottery pick from us from all their tanking these past few years.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by OG LeeTSkeeT
    If lakers has 1st or 2nd worst record, what are their odds of losing the pick? also if they get 1 or 2... skal isn't a bad consolation. Jaylen Brown is eh. Josh Jackson looks sick in 2017 however. Maybe better than Ben Simmons. Lakers pick is also top 3 protected in 2017 if we get a pick in 2016, but we prob won't be that bad 2 years in a row to get a top 3 pick back to back years? If we do then I guess we have a good chance of either getting a top 3 pick at least within the next 2 years if we lose our pick this year we probably can get Josh Jackson or whoever 2017. I just don't want Philly to get a lottery pick from us from all their tanking these past few years.
    35% chance of losing pick if they have the worst record. Might be mid 40s-50% or so if they have second worst.