Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default MJ crushed SG's more than LBJ does SF's, forces defenses to guard him w/ other positi

An opposing coach can usually guard Lebron with his SF all game long.... and Lebron will get 25, maybe 30, but RARELY a 40 point game (once every 15 playoff games)

But with Jordan, an opposing coach must experiment guarding him with other positions like the PG or SF, because he no SG could contain him - he got hot too frequently against his matchup and a 40-point game was too much of a risk (1 every 3.89 playoff games)

Lebron doesn't alter the opponent's positional lineups like Jordan.. Additionally, the defense gets to stay at home rather than double team Lebron, since they can meet him at the rim and don't have to get the ball out of his hands to prevent a hot jumpshot.. Indeed, his jumper is broke - 33% career from 3-point range (RS and playoffs combined) and less than 40% from midrange for 10 of 13 seasons.

I know, I know - Lebron just won the championship - but only via team-hopping to play with 2 superstars, so his rings deserve no more respect than if Karl Malone left the Jazz to play with Jordan and Dominique.. Since Lebron acquired extra supporting help via team-hopping to win his 3 rings, it's no surprise that Jordan's first 3 rings required 30% more PPG in the playoffs than Lebrons 3 rings, with equal assists.

Default Re: MJ crushed SG's more than LBJ does SF's, forces defenses to guard him w/ other positi

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

I know, I know - Lebron just won the championship - but only via team-hopping to play with 2 superstars, so his rings deserve no more respect than if Karl Malone left the Jazz to play with Jordan and Dominique.. Since Lebron acquired extra supporting help via team-hopping to win his 3 rings, it's no surprise that Jordan's first 3 rings required 30% more PPG in the playoffs than Lebrons 3 rings, with equal assists.
    Oh, so MJ is on the same tier as Kyrie and Love?

Good to know.

Shut it down folks, nothing to see here.

Default Re: MJ crushed SG's more than LBJ does SF's, forces defenses to guard him w/ other positi

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el

Oh, so MJ is on the same tier as Kyrie and Love?

Good to know.

Shut it down folks, nothing to see here.
    Wade was arguably the best SG in the league in 2010, so the Jordan comparison works for Wade..

As for Kyrie - if you don't like comparing him to Jordan, we can replace Jordan with Isiah and the point remains the same: Lebron's rings were all achieved via team-hopping to play with 2 superstars.. heck, his 3rd options are among the best ever (Kevin Love was 2nd team all-nba in 2014 and Bosh was an 11-time all-star).

btw, i know that i'm right whenever i see a post like yours above - you make a mountain out of a mole hill in order to avoid addressing the main point (that Jordan destroyed his SG matchup more than Lebron does SF's, thus forcing coaches to experiment guarding Jordan with other positions).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

1-9

Example:

the Warriors can guard Lebron with Iggy all game long.. but they couldn't do that with Klay on Jordan.. However, if they put Iggy on Jordan, then Klay must guard the bigger Pippen or sit on the bench.

So Jordan's superior dominance over his matchup causes defensive matchup changes that Lebron's doesn't.

NBA Superstar

I'm not sure if you're a real person

lol LeBron absolutely dominates every premiere SF in the league not named Kawhi Leonard. Durant, Melo, PG... I'd love to see his stats and combined record against these guys.

Local High School Star

What was Lebron's final averages against the 2nd best SFdefender in the league with Bogut/Green shadowing?

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis

What was Lebron's final averages against the 2nd best SFdefender in the league with Bogut/Green shadowing?
    24 ppg with 6 TO for the first 4 games

then Iggy got hurt, and Lebron turned into Jordan with 36 ppg and 3 TO for the final 3 games (those were MJ's averages for entire 91-93' Finals)

facts are facts....

now MJ would've been destroying Klay for 35+ in the first 3 games, just like he did Drexler in 92'... That would've forced Kerr to try Iggy on MJ, thus sending Klay to the bench or to guard the bigger Pippen.. Those are the kind of compromising spots that a defense will be in when trying to contain MJ and protect against the 1 in 3.89 chance he'll go off for a 40 point playoff game (1 in 15 for Lebron).

24 ppg with 6 TO for the first 4 games

then Iggy got hurt, and Lebron turned into Jordan with 36 ppg and 3 TO for the final 3 games (those were MJ's averages for entire 91-93' Finals)

facts are facts....

now MJ would've been destroying Klay for 35+ in the first 3 games, just like he did Drexler in 92'... That would've forced Kerr to try Iggy on MJ, thus sending Klay to the bench or to guard the bigger Pippen.. Those are the kind of compromising spots that a defense will be in when trying to contain MJ and protect against the 1 in 3.89 chance he'll go off for a 40 point playoff game (1 in 15 for Lebron).
    Jordan played nowhere near as good of defenders that lebron has.. outside of payton.

And This argument that klay would be on the bench just further supports the fact that lebron played tougher competition with a lesser supporting cast, How would klay get sent to the bench for size when scottie pippen is barely an inch taller and a measly 10 pounds heavier?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWinningFam

Jordan played nowhere near as good of defenders that lebron has.. outside of payton.
    [I]
    Rodman was a better defender than Kawhi
    Last edited by 3ball; 09-28-2016 at 10:36 PM.

Rodman was a better defender than Kawhi
    So when MJ was winning chips his supporting casts were stacked

keep digging those holes

So 2010 Wade is as good as MJ now?

MJ=most overrated player ever then. He's no longer my #1 GOAT, now he's on the Wade/Dirk/KG/Kobe tier. You convinced me.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Lol, at ISH voting 3ball as ISH's greatest poster. This guys is delusional. Between his obsession for Jordan and his hate for Lebron what other contributions has this guy made?

Wade was arguably the best SG in the league in 2010, so the Jordan comparison works for Wade..

btw, i know that i'm right whenever i see a post like yours above - you make a mountain out of a mole hill in order to avoid addressing the main point (that Jordan destroyed his SG matchup more than Lebron does SF's, thus forcing coaches to experiment guarding Jordan with other positions).
    the bolded portion is literally all you do.

Also, you have officially said that 2010 Wade is comparable to MJ.
    This MJ guy must be pretty above average then.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    the bolded portion is literally all you do.

Also, you have officially said that 2010 Wade is comparable to MJ.
    This MJ guy must be pretty above average then.
    wade was comparable to jordan ONLY BECAUSE he was arguably the best SG in the league, just like Jordan was - but other than that, they aren't comparable - jordan is a few dimensions better