Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Vince Carter quickly tumbling down the Iverson route...

That Ewing-Hakeem pic is crazy. Reminds me of that pic with Jordan as a Wizard guarding Pippen as a Blazer. Anyway, its a fair comparison, but there is one huge difference IMO. AI did care, played with heart and was very competitive. His problem was he could only play one way, and at the end of his career, he struggled with that opnce he wasn't such a valued player. The only time I've ever seen Vince Carter give a sh*t is the series vs. the Sixers and anytime he faces the Raptors. Other times, he just looks like he's out there to collect a paycheck. I could never say that about AI.
    Last edited by guy; 03-28-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Too bad, even now people think Kobe was easily best guard in early 00's.

Quote Originally Posted by 0000000
    I remember when those two (you can add McGray too) used to be compared to Kobe lol.
    VC yea......but Tmac is a bum. Always was and always will be. Couldnt even win shit with the best Center in the game carrying him around.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    That Ewing-Hakeem pic is crazy. Reminds me of that pic with Jordan as a Wizard guarding Pippen as a Blazer. Anyway, its a fair comparison, but there is one huge difference IMO. AI did care, played with heart and was very competitive. His problem was he could only play one way, and at the end of his career, he struggled with that opnce he wasn't such a valued player. The only time I've ever seen Vince Carter give a sh*t is the series vs. the Sixers and anytime he faces the Raptors. Other times, he just looks like he's out there to collect a paycheck. I could never say that about AI.
    This, the difference between AI and Carter is that Carter sucks because he doesn't care, AI was terrible because of his actual ability

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by XxSMSxX
    This, the difference between AI and Carter is that Carter sucks because he doesn't care, AI was terrible because of his actual ability
    AI was as talented and athletic as they come. It wasn't his ability. It was his style of play that he just couldn't get away from.

Vince's drastic decline in athletic ability has hurt him bad. He can no longer get by his defenders. He no longer has a quick first step. He cant finish like he used to. And while he never was an elite defender, he has become a huge liability defensively. A lot of it is his decline physically, but also you can see his heart is not in the game. He looks like he is just going through the motions. I think he should retire next year, wouldn't surprise me if he does. He has a decent career, made good money. Time to move on.

Banned

AI was as talented and athletic as they come. It wasn't his ability. It was his style of play that he just couldn't get away from.
    I'm talking about his Detroit stint and everything after that. AI lost that explosiveness/ quickness that allowed him to get into the paint so effortlessly

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Guys on NBA 2k11 I've tried to recreate Iverson and can't! Don't laugh at me... but the dude was truly one of the most unique players in league history. A 6'0 shooting guard.. volume scorer who could flat out carry scrubs to the finals in his prime. Carter, Iverson and Ben Wallace were my favorite players of the 00's.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Vince's drastic decline in athletic ability has hurt him bad. He can no longer get by his defenders. He no longer has a quick first step. He cant finish like he used to. And while he never was an elite defender, he has become a huge liability defensively. A lot of it is his decline physically, but also you can see his heart is not in the game. He looks like he is just going through the motions. I think he should retire next year, wouldn't surprise me if he does. He has a decent career, made good money. Time to move on.
    For his talents, he might end up having the most disappointing career ever IMO. I would say T-Mac too, but he's had alot of injuries and alot of bad luck with injuries to his own teammates (snakebitten to have Grant Hill and Yao Ming as the two best teammates of his career). There's no reason Vince Carter shouldn't have been up there with Kobe, Lebron, or Wade as a perimeter player other then mentality. He's not even close to Pierce, Allen, Ginobili, or AI.

I agree; you can see that he is just going through the motions. He is finished. I find it hard to believe that management and players around the league don't see this too.

For his talents, he might end up having the most disappointing career ever IMO. I would say T-Mac too, but he's had alot of injuries and alot of bad luck with injuries to his own teammates (snakebitten to have Grant Hill and Yao Ming as the two best teammates of his career). There's no reason Vince Carter shouldn't have been up there with Kobe, Lebron, or Wade as a perimeter player other then mentality. He's not even close to Pierce, Allen, Ginobili, or AI.
    I can agree with that. For a guy with such gifted physical abilities, it truly sucks to not see it 100% realized. Which is why I have utmost respect for guys like kobe who has maximized his abilities through his work ethic and professional approach to the game. Basketball is a game of talent, but talent can only take you so far.

Good High School Starter Kingsfans818's Avatar

where I can see jordan/pip pic mentioned

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsfans818
    where I can see jordan/pip pic mentioned
    I saw it on here a while ago. Only thing I can tell you is to google it. Sorry man.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I can agree with that. For a guy with such gifted physical abilities, it truly sucks to not see it 100% realized. Which is why I have utmost respect for guys like kobe who has maximized his abilities through his work ethic and professional approach to the game. Basketball is a game of talent, but talent can only take you so far.
    I'm not even sure he reached 50%. This guy was up there in athleticism with Jordan and Lebron. The furthest he ever got was an ECF, and he was nowhere near the reason for that, and he's made 2 All-NBA teams his whole career, one 2nd and one 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Too bad, even now people think Kobe was easily best guard in early 00's.
    He was.