Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default #1 Pick for Durant?

Been seeing a lot of wild rumors and trade scenarios out there involving Durant.

What do you guys think? OKC has been great at building through the draft and I would assume they would also require some more pieces in that trade.

Phil is curious about trading the pick, but that would only make sense if a superstar was coming back in return. No sense in trading the first pick for more picks in the draft considering this is another weak draft.

Possible lineup:

PG - Shved
    SG - ?
    SF - Durant
    PF - Melo
    C - Deondre Jordan

Default Re: #1 Pick for Durant?

I don't think okc trades him, and if they did it would take a lot more than this #1.

I agree that it's a "weak draft" but only as in there's no consensus #1, and weak from maybe 10 or 12 on. I think it's a really good draft in the top 10. IMO there are 4 guys that could be great Knicks and that's not counting right most of the seasons consensus #1 okafor

And I don't think there is space to sign Jordan and fill out a squad

Krust Kingz

I can't see it, the Knicks having enough to trade for Durant is impossible.

I'd be very surprised if we trade the pick. I think it more likely we'd move Melo. It won't be totally fixed next season. In all honesty, since Phil has come aboard I have not had any strong feelings regarding changes on the team. The media whips up just about every scenario it can dream up to supplant the Garden's silence concerning future plans. Blind faith for me at this point - it's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I'd be very surprised if we trade the pick. I think it more likely we'd move Melo. It won't be totally fixed next season. In all honesty, since Phil has come aboard I have not had any strong feelings regarding changes on the team. The media whips up just about every scenario it can dream up to supplant the Garden's silence concerning future plans. Blind faith for me at this point - it's alright.
    So you trade something at an all time low value instead of trading something at peak value?

#1 pick for Cousins seems more likely.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    #1 pick for Cousins seems more likely.
    If he was still a knuckle head I could see that but after this year he kind of kept his nose clean. Doesnt seem likely. I would take him over any player in this draft personally.

There are no dynamic players in this draft. Trade this pick for UNI-BROW! ([COLOR="White"]I HAVE A DREAM! [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    If he was still a knuckle head I could see that but after this year he kind of kept his nose clean. Doesnt seem likely. I would take him over any player in this draft personally.

There are no dynamic players in this draft. Trade this pick for UNI-BROW! ([COLOR="White"]I HAVE A DREAM! [/COLOR]
    I'm guessing you were joking at the end about the brow? If there's no trade who do you take? Russell or towns? (I guess you could say okafor if you wanted to)

Okafor's offensive game is so polished that I could see him being a force in years to come. Defense will have to improve. Towns is explosive on both ends, but to me, the bigger issue is finding another scoring presence to compliment Carmelo and I think Okafor would be the better choice for that.

Banned

I'm curious whether Knick fans believe in bringing in a rookie and expecting him to learn the triangle while handling the New York media and Social Media.

Surely Orlando would trade Tobias Harris and their pick for Jose and the Knick's pick (if they got #1).

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    I'm guessing you were joking at the end about the brow? If there's no trade who do you take? Russell or towns? (I guess you could say okafor if you wanted to)
    I dont know if there would be a trade but I dont think Durant is going to be had for just the number 1 pick unless he already said he will not be resigning.

As far as DeMax I would take him but at this point its possible his value is more than our pick.

If the Knicks are in win now mode anything is possible with a top 5 pick. My interest is peeked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    I dont know if there would be a trade but I dont think Durant is going to be had for just the number 1 pick unless he already said he will not be resigning.

As far as DeMax I would take him but at this point its possible his value is more than our pick.

If the Knicks are in win now mode anything is possible with a top 5 pick. My interest is peeked.
    Love to hear of excitement but the pessimistic/realistic view is that the picks don't have as much value without a definitive top pick or top 2,3,or4/5. I think the trade value goes down without having a consensus.

In a perfect world IMO the Knicks watch other teams pick okafor and mudiay. Russell, towns, sc's is a win