Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Default Re: Random nba stories that dont often come up.

Josh Howard

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Dave DeBusschere may be best known as one of the best forwards of his generation, finishing his 12-year career with averages of 16.1 points and 11 rebounds per game. However DeBusschere was also a two-sport athlete who spent two seasons in Major League Baseball as well.

A pitcher with the Chicago White Sox, DeBusschere spent two years with the team. Over that stretch, he went 3-4 with a 2.90 ERA and 1.38 WHIP.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers

- During the last game of the 1986 regular season Larry Bird had the Free Throw% title on lock. Shooting nearly 90% from the line, teammate Danny Ainge shot just over 90%, but he didn't attempt enough free throws to qualify for the title. During game #82 Ainge suddenly started attacking the rim like a mad man and getting fouled so he can qualify for the FT title, the team suddenly realized what he was doing and he got benched, he shot 12 free throws that game and all he needed was a couple more free throws and he would have gotten the title.
    Is this true? LOL if so.

Not an old story, very recent, but interesting nonetheless:

Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey 22 May
    Best draft interview answers ever part 1: player, can you pass a drug test? [grabs table] TODAY?!?

More best answers: "anyone who is projected ahead of U that U think U R better than?" ALL OF THEM "Have you ever seen them play?" NEVER

Best answers: "When did U know there might be an issue?" I was carrying [stolen item] 4someone else-knew something up when we got 2pawn shop

More best answers: "who is your agent?" I don't have an agent. "Who is advising you?" [gives name] "Who is that?" My agent.

Maybe an NBA GM can come out and tell us what famous players have said during their interviews.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    For some reason, Hakeem reminds me of Dylan there.