Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Don't worry Cleveland, you got THE best of him

Quote Originally Posted by Christofire
    becoming a sidekick and declining at 26 = caring about your legacy?.....

all fun and jokes aside. I hope it's just some extra fat becuase the fall off in just a year is borederline pathetic. His best offense this season literally has been the open jumpers he;s settled for. i havent seen james get around anyone in a while.
    i don't think Lebron looked at it like that. that was my point. i don't think lebron thought he would ever be thought of as a sidekick. lebron is a student of the game. he knows that you almost always need two great players to win.

he just totally missed the boat on how the perception of him choosing to join up would haunt him.

and not sure how you can hold him declining athletically against him. if this year is indicative of how Lebron is going to slowly age, he's going to age well. especially if he gets his lazy ass into the gym and develops a post game. he can use both hands around the rim very well and he's already an excellent passer. he just has to do it. if he doesn't, he's going to look like a fool going iso and getting shut down by just about everyone in the league in the future.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Good post. I pretty much fully agree. I think Lebron does regret how he did it for sure. And I do think Lebron wishes he was loved again by much better fans in Cleveland. Lebron fed off of those crowds. Totally agree. Its absolutely tangible and has played a role.

The Heat fans do not inspire Lebron....but Wade does. So gets that confidence going because you can tell he really looks up to Wade.

I disagree about Lebron damaging his legacy by leaving. What will ultimately damage his legacy will be how he left and the team he went to. If he had gone to Chicago or New York or the Clippers and handled it well....I don't think his legacy is hurt at all. But joining up with Wade and how he did it will hurt him.

Unless......Unless. He and Wade win like 4 or 5 titles. Then Lebron's decision will be vindicated and he will be viewed much differently.

You and I also disagree on the role of players and their recruiting. Lebron never publicly went out and hated on his teammates or teams or coach or franchise. He always held them in high regard. I just don't think we have enough true information about his recruiting and stuff. He might have tried and the sentiment amongst the players he wanted to go after might have simply been that they didn't want to play in Cleveland. This generation of player is different. They want to win no doubt, but they also want to be in certain markets. Its abundantly clear at this point.

I never really liked Lebron off the court, but he's a truly special player on the court. I feel bad for both Lebron and Cavs fans. They deserved a title...possibly two. The Cavs fans were amazing and Lebron was amazing on the court. Both deserved better. The simple truth is that the Cavs had 7 years to build a great team and they didn't do it. They get an A for effort, but they made some poor moves and never were able to really get anything more than a very good team.

Its very similar to the Mavs actually. We have tried so hard, but we could never land that 2nd guy after 04. We couldn't even get Rashard Lewis in free agency and he's from Dallas and we were going after him hard. Sometimes it just doesn't happen. And it sucks for both the fans and the player.

Because there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Lebron from 07 to 10 was good enough to lead an elite team to a title. I think he has a couple rings right now and he truly would be the "KING" if the Cavs gave him a 2nd option like Gasol.

But it didn't happen and Lebron made some poor decisions in my opinion. He chose the wrong team. And thank God actually. Put Lebron on the Bulls instead of Deng (which is what it would have been) and that Bulls team is not losing.

So at least we avoided a potential 6 title run from him in the process.

you're a fool if you seriously think that 'Check My Stats" daddy regrets anything. The guy just made history the first player to ever win a championship in the second round of the playoffs, he was obviously caught in the moment and decided to be a bit nice for once. James is a douche, that probably show sup in his stats aswell

you're a fool if you seriously think that 'Check My Stats" daddy regrets anything. The guy just made history the first player to ever win a championship in the second round of the playoffs, he was obviously caught in the moment and decided to be a bit nice for once. James is a douche, that probably show sup in his stats aswell
    what?

you aren't even addressing what we were discussing. you really don't think Lebron misses being the most loved player in the game and having the most supportive fan base in all of sports probably?

what? Lebron actually doesn't have thick skin...he may get it at some point, but its very clear he wanted to be liked.

just listen to windhorst talk about it. he said lebron would come into the lockeroom after early road games and question why teams like Memphis and Portland were booing him and hating on him.

Lebron fed off of those Cavs fans. He absolutely misses that. There is not a doubt in my mind. And everything that has come out about Lebron personally supports that view actually.

Local High School Star

i don't think Lebron looked at it like that. that was my point. i don't think lebron thought he would ever be thought of as a sidekick. lebron is a student of the game. he knows that you almost always need two great players to win.

he just totally missed the boat on how the perception of him choosing to join up would haunt him.

and not sure how you can hold him declining athletically against him. if this year is indicative of how Lebron is going to slowly age, he's going to age well. especially if he gets his lazy ass into the gym and develops a post game. he can use both hands around the rim very well and he's already an excellent passer. he just has to do it. if he doesn't, he's going to look like a fool going iso and getting shut down by just about everyone in the league in the future.
    student of the game?.....if he were a student of the game he would had that jumper and that post game already, also those fundamentals. He just doesnt seem to be a guy very confident in his own ability to come through in a jam. James poise in crunch situations this season has been different his days in cleveland knowing he has wade makes being "clutch" a bit easier for him because he know he has the best player in the league on his team.

student of the game?.....if he were a student of the game he would had that jumper and that post game already, also those fundamentals. He just doesnt seem to be a guy very confident in his own ability to come through in a jam. James poise in crunch situations this season has been different his days in cleveland knowing he has wade makes being "clutch" a bit easier for him because he know he has the best player in the league on his team.
    i don't know what point you are trying to make. Lebron absolutely is a student of the game and has no bearing on his ability to make jumpers or have a post game.

and again, lebron is actually a pretty good jump shooter for a perimeter player. i don't know why people hate on him so much for that. he's been pretty damn good the last few years.

as for the the clutch stuff. Lebron was awful on game winners this year, but he was actually pretty good in crunch time overall. In cleveland, Lebron was one of the most clutch guys in the league. In fact, I can't think of a better player in crunch time...especially the playoffs....than Lebron from 06 to 10.

Local High School Star

what?

you aren't even addressing what we were discussing. you really don't think Lebron misses being the most loved player in the game and having the most supportive fan base in all of sports probably?

what? Lebron actually doesn't have thick skin...he may get it at some point, but its very clear he wanted to be liked.

just listen to windhorst talk about it. he said lebron would come into the lockeroom after early road games and question why teams like Memphis and Portland were booing him and hating on him.

Lebron fed off of those Cavs fans. He absolutely misses that. There is not a doubt in my mind. And everything that has come out about Lebron personally supports that view actually.

if you're a d*ck then be a d*ck, dont pretend to be something your not, that's all im saying. Dude apologized for nothing...it was so obviously insincere. The miami fans love him just as much as the fans in cleveland did, i dont think he's bothered one bit by how it "played" out.

Local High School Star

i don't know what point you are trying to make. Lebron absolutely is a student of the game and has no bearing on his ability to make jumpers or have a post game.

and again, lebron is actually a pretty good jump shooter for a perimeter player. i don't know why people hate on him so much for that. he's been pretty damn good the last few years.

as for the the clutch stuff. Lebron was awful on game winners this year, but he was actually pretty good in crunch time overall. In cleveland, Lebron was one of the most clutch guys in the league. In fact, I can't think of a better player in crunch time...especially the playoffs....than Lebron from 06 to 10.
    when taking them on his own terms(open)....James has yet to become a consistent enough shooter to the point where you can't give him jumpshots...He struggles when he forced to shoot, or has to settle for a shot he doesn/t want.

It's absolutely beyond me why Lebron damn James, the most physically gifted player in the league still doesn't have a consistent jump shot and a post game. He has had 8 years in the league to work on both of those aspects of the game and he still doesn't have them. The consistent jump shot would mean more to his game right now than the post op game because of his style of play, but it doesn't seem like that will ever come. As great as he is and has been, it doesn't seem like he works enough on his weaknesses. He has plenty of strengths and he has gotten even stronger over time, but if he would develop the shot and post game he would go to an entirely different level.

if you're a d*ck then be a d*ck, dont pretend to be something your not, that's all im saying. Dude apologized for nothing...it was so obviously insincere. The miami fans love him just as much as the fans in cleveland did, i dont think he's bothered one bit by how it "played" out.
    we aren't saying he regrets his decision. we are saying we think Lebron didn't fully realize what this was going to be like.

and no, Lebron does not get anywhere near the support from Miami fans as he did from Cleveland fans. I went to a couple Cavs games in the playoffs in 09 against the Magic and it was unreal the kind of support that team was getting.

I haven't been to a Heat game, but I am very confident that the crowds aren't even remotely comparable.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    It's absolutely beyond me why Lebron damn James, the most physically gifted player in the league still doesn't have a consistent jump shot and a post game. He has had 8 years in the league to work on both of those aspects of the game and he still doesn't have them. The consistent jump shot would mean more to his game right now than the post op game because of his style of play, but it doesn't seem like that will ever come. As great as he is and has been, it doesn't seem like he works enough on his weaknesses. He has plenty of strengths and he has gotten even stronger over time, but if he would develop the shot and post game he would go to an entirely different level.
    He doens't have a post game, but his jumper has been fine the last three years, and this year, he was one of the best midrange shooters in the league.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...wn-the-stretch

"
    Overtime, 4:19 Remaining: The midrange shot

Brace yourself for this next statement:

LeBron James quietly turned himself into one of the best midrange shooters in the NBA this season.

According to NBA.com's StatsCube, LeBron made 45 percent of his midrange jumpers this season, which is an incredibly efficient mark for a high-usage perimeter player. Paul Pierce made 44 percent of his midrange jumpers. Kobe Bryant made 42 percent. Derrick Rose made 40 percent. Dwyane Wade, 40 percent. Kevin Durant, 42 percent. Carmelo Anthony, 42 percent.

Ray Allen shot 46 percent, barely edging out LeBron. Statistically speaking, out of all the high-usage perimeter players in the league, LeBron was the best midrange shooter not named Dirk Nowitzki (Dirk shot 53 percent -- he's a freak). "

It's a complete myth at this point that he doesn't have a jumper.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    Work ethic > potential.....people still rate james based on potential, but potential can't be applied to game situations.....at this point with 8 years in it seems like never going to add those things to his gmae until it's too late, and that will be when his athletic prime has withered away.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    He doens't have a post game, but his jumper has been fine the last three years, and this year, he was one of the best midrange shooters in the league.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...wn-the-stretch

"
    Overtime, 4:19 Remaining: The midrange shot

Brace yourself for this next statement:

LeBron James quietly turned himself into one of the best midrange shooters in the NBA this season.

According to NBA.com's StatsCube, LeBron made 45 percent of his midrange jumpers this season, which is an incredibly efficient mark for a high-usage perimeter player. Paul Pierce made 44 percent of his midrange jumpers. Kobe Bryant made 42 percent. Derrick Rose made 40 percent. Dwyane Wade, 40 percent. Kevin Durant, 42 percent. Carmelo Anthony, 42 percent.

Ray Allen shot 46 percent, barely edging out LeBron. Statistically speaking, out of all the high-usage perimeter players in the league, LeBron was the best midrange shooter not named Dirk Nowitzki (Dirk shot 53 percent -- he's a freak). "

It's a complete myth at this point that he doesn't have a jumper.

OMG,,,, you again....open Jumpers..i've watched damn near every heat game this year, and james has shot most of his jumpers WIDE open becaue he's been played for the drive. It's not like he takes adn makes the types of Jumpers that guys like carmelo athony are forced into taking, being face guarded amd tightly defended etc. lets see that jumper when teams give him nothing.

Work ethic > potential.....people still rate james based on potential, but potential can't be applied to game situations.....at this point with 8 years in it seems like never going to add those things to his gmae until it's too late, and that will be when his athletic prime has withered away.
    Lebron is judged on what he's doing on the floor. He's turned into a very good jump shooter. You have no basis for your claims.

I don't care how you score your points. If you take 3.5 threes a game and still manage to shoot 51% from the field and score 27 points then you are doing something right.

He's improved so much over the last few years. You are just too much of a hater to see it.

Now he needs to get a low post and wing post game going. I have no idea if he will, but this BS about him being "lebrick" is just silly at this point.

OMG,,,, you again....open Jumpers..i've watched damn near every heat game this year, and james has shot most of his jumpers WIDE open becaue he's been played for the drive. It's not like he takes adn makes the types of Jumpers that guys like carmelo athony are forced into taking, being face guarded amd tightly defended etc. lets see that jumper when teams give him nothing.
    I hate to break it to you, but Lebron will still blow by people if they don't give him space. He's regressed athletically, but not so much that you can press up and take away all his space.

And again, Lebron makes a ton of step back jumpers.

You are just a hater. The guy has clearly improved his jumper and you still won't admit it.

27 ppg on 51% while taking 3.5 threes a game. Thats fantastic efficiency. Fantastic.

Local High School Star

No, he isn't left wide open at all. Guys aren't afraid of Wade, Melo, Rose, etc. driving, all of whom have quicker first steps? That's not how Lebron is defended at all:

LeBron James

Strengths: Athleticism, power, versatility, handle

Preferred moves: Dribble-drive, dribble and shoot.

Best defense: Crowd him. Face guard. Don