Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Post-game opinions on Lakers-Celtics 2010 NBA Finals game 1

PP and Rondo have some tension which is killing the team- if the Boston team that rolled Cleveland and Orlando show up- the Lakers won't win

PP does need more looks especially in the post because he can get the Lakers in foul trouble, literally Boston had no post play in game 1 !

KG & Rondo step up in game 2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    PP and Rondo have some tension which is killing the team- if the Boston team that rolled Cleveland and Orlando show up- the Lakers won't win
    Please, the Lakers are far better all-round team than both Magic and Cavs. Lakers made Celtics struggle due to their bigs and size. It's not down to the Celtics not just playing well. Celtics are going to have to play even better than those two last series to win this one. HCA is huge in this series, Boston NEED to win game 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    it was really easy to predict the outcome of this series in my opinion. i thought the lakers would win pretty easily in 5 or 6 games. maybe i was wrong....but i doubt it. the series came down to the matchups and the stars:

the celtics won in 08 because pierce and kg were the 2 best players in the series.

this year....kg is no longer capable of that. pierce is.....but its less likely now that the lakers have artest to frustrate the shit out of him all night.

so the celtics are going to by heavily reliant on the play of rondo and allen to win....and i just don't think that is going to happen. ray will waste energy/get into foul trouble guarding kobe and rondo won't be able to get to the rim with bynum/odom/gasol waiting.

its funny because the first game went down exactly how i thought the series would play out. kobe would be the best player on the floor. gasol would have an advantage at his position. pierce would play really well. allen is a non factor and rondo couldnt get to the rim.

i just don't see any of those things changing.......and that is why i took the lakers in 5

its just a really bad matchup for the celtics. this lakers team....when healthy.....can't be beat by any current team in the league. when lamar odom comes off your bench and routinely gives you 10 boards in limited minutes.......uhhhhh you are pretty damn unbeatable.
    total shit ! your talking like the Lakers have a 70 win team ! i don't think so !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    it was really easy to predict the outcome of this series in my opinion. i thought the lakers would win pretty easily in 5 or 6 games. maybe i was wrong....but i doubt it. the series came down to the matchups and the stars:

the celtics won in 08 because pierce and kg were the 2 best players in the series.

this year....kg is no longer capable of that. pierce is.....but its less likely now that the lakers have artest to frustrate the shit out of him all night.

so the celtics are going to by heavily reliant on the play of rondo and allen to win....and i just don't think that is going to happen. ray will waste energy/get into foul trouble guarding kobe and rondo won't be able to get to the rim with bynum/odom/gasol waiting.

its funny because the first game went down exactly how i thought the series would play out. kobe would be the best player on the floor. gasol would have an advantage at his position. pierce would play really well. allen is a non factor and rondo couldnt get to the rim.

i just don't see any of those things changing.......and that is why i took the lakers in 5

its just a really bad matchup for the celtics. this lakers team....when healthy.....can't be beat by any current team in the league. when lamar odom comes off your bench and routinely gives you 10 boards in limited minutes.......uhhhhh you are pretty damn unbeatable.
    lo routinely gets 10 boards? hes done it like 20 times this year. stop overrating us so u can make more excuses for wade/bron

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He's just unbelievable. Kobe in the 2010 NBA playoffs reminds me of Michael Jordan in the mid-late 1990's.

bullshit, you werent watching then(youve admited as much on here), you were barely alive.

Dunking on everybody in the park laronprofit9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Please, the Lakers are far better all-round team than both Magic and Cavs. Lakers made Celtics struggle due to their bigs and size. It's not down to the Celtics not just playing well. Celtics are going to have to play even better than those two last series to win this one. HCA is huge in this series, Boston NEED to win game 2.
    this Celtic team is under rated man ! the Lakers are over rated.

I am banking on Gasol going soft on the round ( no looks in 4th Q game 2?? )
    and if the Boston post up game can improve then I am very confident the Celtic have this series.

But if the LA bigs can play like game 1 & 2 , then this series can go either way!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    this Celtic team is under rated man ! the Lakers are over rated.

I am banking on Gasol going soft on the round ( no looks in 4th Q game 2?? )
    and if the Boston post up game can improve then I am very confident the Celtic have this series.

But if the LA bigs can play like game 1 & 2 , then this series can go either way!
    Huge props to the Celtics, great performance they needed to win it and did. L.A were poor and their shot selection let them down. This series is going to the wire. I don't think HCA will decide this. The best team will. Celtics are not underrated and L.A certainly aren't overrated. You can't be overrated when you make the finals 3 straight years and win the title last year. I still expect Lakers to win but it will be harder now thats all.

After seeing the game, I'm pretty confident the Lakers are gonna go in Boston and take 2 of the next 3 games. They literally had everything going wrong for them at the end to lose...they were right there with the Celtics prior to that.

^PP and KG aren't gonna struggle for the whole series either. Plus, C's now have the hc edge...

Did anyone interview Shannon Brown's moronic defense against Ray Allen? If so, what was his excuse of leaving Ray several times and help Gasol guard the prolific scorer like Kendrick Perkins?

Quote Originally Posted by Redekker
    Did anyone interview Shannon Brown's moronic defense against Ray Allen? If so, what was his excuse of leaving Ray several times and help Gasol guard the prolific scorer like Kendrick Perkins?
    How can you interview someone's defense?

Saw a basketball once

Who is going to win the NBA final?
    Vote now at http://sites.google.com/site/nbafinalspoll/