Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: And then Pippen did this...

I never said Pip wasn't a great player. Or that he didn't hold his own with the other greats. Pip made those greats work damn hard and Pip was a very good scorer. But just because I feel he wasn't a true blue number one option doesn't mean Im hating. And sometimes u HAVE to demand the ball, be an asshole, and takeover a game. Or u have to believe in yourself of have the ability to be a great scorer in the first place. Lebron for all the heat he catches still scores well enough to be the highest scoring SF of all time in terms of career average. And he had the all around package that trumps even Pippen's. And Bron plays with another alpha dog type in Wade. If I'm picking between MJ-Pip or Bron-Wade, I would take Bron-Wade peak wise. Now GOAT wise, they have a ways to go before touching MJ-Pip.

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    Plus, Magic was damn near his seasonal averages. He did all he could do against that Bulls defense with 2 of the best wing defenders and an injured James Worthy.
    Magic shot a terrible percentage and turned the ball over alot. That's how you shut down a great offensive player

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Magic shot a terrible percentage and turned the ball over alot. That's how you shut down a great offensive player

18.6ppg on 43.1%FG, 12.4 assists, 8.0 rebs....with Jordan and Pippen guarding you, an injured James Worthy....this wasn't the Showtime Lakers anymore. He also hit on 39 of 41 of his FT's which is amazing.

I think it's amazing Magic even got them into Finals....

Great college starter

Magic Johnson in the Western Finals against Portland that same year:

20.8ppg on 43.8%FG, 12.8 assists, 7.8 rebs....and of course hitting his FT's..

He didn't shoot the ball well here either, but his incredible all-around game made everyone on the floor dangerous.

Magic is in a class by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I never said Pip wasn't a great player. Or that he didn't hold his own with the other greats. Pip made those greats work damn hard and Pip was a very good scorer. But just because I feel he wasn't a true blue number one option doesn't mean Im hating. And sometimes u HAVE to demand the ball, be an asshole, and takeover a game. Or u have to believe in yourself of have the ability to be a great scorer in the first place. Lebron for all the heat he catches still scores well enough to be the highest scoring SF of all time in terms of career average. And he had the all around package that trumps even Pippen's. And Bron plays with another alpha dog type in Wade. If I'm picking between MJ-Pip or Bron-Wade, I would take Bron-Wade peak wise. Now GOAT wise, they have a ways to go before touching MJ-Pip.
    I think our disagreement is simply what the difference between first option and best player is. I feel that pippen could've led a team to a championship as the best player. Even if he wasn't the first option. You feel the only way a player lead a team is through scoring.

I do feel you greatly contradict yourself when you say your most interested in winning and that youd pick mchale over pippen. Cuz mchale failed as a first option player. Miserably.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

18.6ppg on 43.1%FG, 12.4 assists, 8.0 rebs....with Jordan and Pippen guarding you, an injured James Worthy....this wasn't the Showtime Lakers anymore. He also hit on 39 of 41 of his FT's which is amazing.

Don't forget that he did all of this without Kareem and a new coach, as well.

What boosted magic fg percentage was game one when he was 4 of 5 for 80%. The other four games he shot 31%, 47%, 46%, 33%. Boy the lakers sure could've used magic takeover ability then.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

What boosted magic fg percentage was game one when he was 4 of 5 for 80%. The other four games he shot 31%, 47%, 46%, 33%. Boy the lakers sure could've used magic takeover ability then.
    How many assists did he have each game? Those lead to points too, you know.

LOL. Magic was getting what he wanted on Pippen. He as routinely getting by him and into the paint. It was the Bulls collapsing help D that was giving problems.

Great college starter

And Magic had these %'s in 4 games against Portland the series prior:

25%, 37.5%, 42.8%, and 42.1%....i suppose you want to give Pippen credit for that???

Magic's combo scoring/passing is the best ever. Pippen can't hold Magic's ball sack....

Great college starter

You don't seem to understand that team's focused on Magic Johnson heavily...as Magic goes, the Lakers go....Magic was under heavy pressure. I can't imagine anyone other than him leading that Laker team to the Finals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQZ6UlCoCvM

And Magic had these %'s in 4 games against Portland the series prior:

25%, 37.5%, 42.8%, and 42.1%....i suppose you want to give Pippen credit for that???

Magic's combo scoring/passing is the best ever. Pippen can't hold Magic's ball sack....
    He also shot 53 and 50. What does what he did vs portland matter? They beat portland. And he shot a better percentage.

Great college starter

He also shot 53 and 50. What does what he did vs portland matter? They beat portland. And he shot a better percentage.

43.1% to 43.8% is NEGLIGIBLE....his all-around game was there for both series....

Portland = 43 of 52 FT's....82.6%FT
    Chicago = 39 for 41 FT's...95.1% FT

Stop acting like Magic was shut down by Pippen and he didn't show up.......

43.1% to 43.8% is NEGLIGIBLE....his all-around game was there for both series....

Portland = 43 of 52 FT's....82.6%FT
    Chicago = 39 for 41 FT's...95.1% FT

Stop acting like Magic was shut down by Pippen and he didn't show up.......
    They lost wink. In large part due to pippens defense on magic when jordan was in foul trouble or resting. Magics play was a large reason why. Mainly his lack of defense on paxson.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

So now they're comparing Pip to Magic?

WOW