Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    High School Starter

Default Re: And then Pippen did this...

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I just wish he could've had five years leading the bulls. There's no doubt he wins an mvp and dpoy. While leading a team to a championship

Great college starter

You said pippen was always on stacked teams. Arent you the one saying pippen is overrated cuz he didn't lead a stacked bulls team is to a championship in 94?

Pippen WAS always on stacked teams.

Great college starter

You said pippen was always on stacked teams. Arent you the one saying pippen is overrated cuz he didn't lead a stacked bulls team is to a championship in 94?

NOPE...i'm saying he's overrated by YOU thinking he's a #1 option which he is clearly NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    Sure i can agree with that.
    Then why say they were essentially the same team? They weren't actually. I mean the names were on the roster, but their roles drastically changed.

Understand that im a huge jordan fan like you. I put so much stock in jordans role on that 91-93bulls team that when jordan retired, I literally saw the bulls as a .500 team. And what the bulls did in 94 in no way degrades jordan. But just shows how great the bulls were.

I see the 94 bulls as being the 96 bulls minus jordan and with rodman replacing grant. And that's why they won 72 games

NOPE...i'm saying he's overrated by YOU thinking he's a #1 option which he is clearly NOT.
    Lol number 1 option? Or best player on a championship caliber team/leader? Scoring alot of point wasn't pippens game. I remember in an interview jackson said pippen could've avg more ppg in 94, but that it would've been at the expense of wins. Pipppen had more of a PGs mentality.

So I agree, pippen should be looked at as a number 1 option type player

Lol number 1 option? Or best player on a championship caliber team/leader? Scoring alot of point wasn't pippens game. I remember in an interview jackson said pippen could've avg more ppg in 94, but that it would've been at the expense of wins. Pipppen had more of a PGs mentality.

Who's a better franchise player Prime Scottie Pippen or Current Derrick Rose?

Great college starter

Then why say they were essentially the same team? They weren't actually. I mean the names were on the roster, but their roles drastically changed.

Understand that im a huge jordan fan like you. I put so much stock in jordans role on that 91-93bulls team that when jordan retired, I literally saw the bulls as a .500 team. And what the bulls did in 94 in no way degrades jordan. But just shows how great the bulls were.

I see the 94 bulls as being the 96 bulls minus jordan and with rodman replacing grant. And that's why they won 72 games

Pippen, Grant, and Armstrong were the CORE of that championship team. That was well in tact. What the Bulls had were 3-PEAT bound role players stepping in and filling voids. This was far from a DEFUNCT team. They had nice additions....your claim that this team had a "lack of talent" is laughable....

Whatever "changed" was merely replaced by future players of another 3-PEAT championship squad.

The Bulls won 15 games that year with Pippen scoring less than 20 points. Someone was filling that scoring void, it sure as hell wasn't Pippen. To his credit, he was a GREAT all-around player, and could literally do everything. But he didn't somehow throw a worthless team on his back and carry them to 55 wins.

Great college starter

Pippen was never, would never, could never be a #1 option that could take a team to a championship....PERIOD

The Bulls won 18 of the 72 games (32.7% of their games won) Pippen played with him averaging this:

16.4 points
    8.9 rebs.
    6.6 assists
    2.9 steals
    1.1 blocks..........now tell me he had a "lack of talent"

Pippen, Grant, and Armstrong were the CORE of that championship team. That was well in tact. What the Bulls had were 3-PEAT bound role players stepping in and filling voids. This was far from a DEFUNCT team. They had nice additions....your claim that this team had a "lack of talent" is laughable....

Whatever "changed" was merely replaced by future players of another 3-PEAT championship squad.

The Bulls won 15 games that year with Pippen scoring less than 20 points. Someone was filling that scoring void, it sure as hell wasn't Pippen. To his credit, he was a GREAT all-around player, and could literally do everything. But he didn't somehow throw a worthless team on his back and carry them to 55 wins.
    That void was michal jordan wink. Saying that is how you undermine jordan. Horace grant and bj armstrong don't count as void fillers cuz they were on that 93 bulls team too. The void filler was former cba journeymen pete myers and rookie kukoc.

I just wish he could've had five years leading the bulls. There's no doubt he wins an mvp and dpoy. While leading a team to a championship
    You give up from Jordan to see him win mvp & dpoy? I wish Jordan never retired, so we could get 8 in a row.

Great college starter

That void was michal jordan wink. Saying that is how you undermine jordan. Horace grant and bj armstrong don't count as void fillers cuz they were on that 93 bulls team too. The void filler was former cba journeymen pete myers and rookie kukoc.
    The void fillers were pete myers, kukoc, steve kerr, luc longley and bill wennington....all those guys stepped up when needed COLLECTIVELY. And still got good minutes from the other players....your assumption that the Bulls would have been .500 is your DOWNFALL. The only way you look to justify it is through Pippen. That's ridiculous. And yes, Horace Grant and B.J. do count as void fillers cuz they stepped up their game....Apparently Pippen is the only guy who gets to do that huh, LOL!!!!!!!

The Bulls were 20-10 (.667 winning %) with Pippen scoring 20 points or less....

16.8ppg, 8.8 rebs. 5.3 assists...2.6 steals....0.8 blocks....while being a 66% FT shooter.

Obviously, your assumption on the Bulls demise was GREATLY EXAGGERATED.

IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING.....a .667 winning % translates to 55 wins over the course of 82 games...
    Last edited by bwink23; 03-03-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Who's a better franchise player Prime Scottie Pippen or Current Derrick Rose?
    Pippen. But i think Rose showing more heart & leading ability.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    You give up from Jordan to see him win mvp & dpoy? I wish Jordan never retired, so we could get 8 in a row.

Can you imagine Jordan teaming up with Barkley and Olajuwon and NOT winning a championship??

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

LOL Pippen fans once again forgetting who made him.

Can you imagine Jordan teaming up with Barkley and Olajuwon and NOT winning a championship??
    Pippen ain't jordan.