Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default Re: Dion Waiters on comparisons to Wade: "It makes me work harder to be better than him"

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    That's why none of us are listening to anything you write. You are basically implying he will be better than Wade with literally nothing to back it up except you looked at him and think he's good. You are really consistent, unfortunately that's consistently wrong.
    I've already told you why he's going go be good:

First step
    Explosiveness
    In between dribble ability
    Shoot from all places on the floor
    Great passer for a wing
    Fast hands
    Tough at the point of attack defensively and offensively

Now go back into denial.

Default Re: Dion Waiters on comparisons to Wade: "It makes me work harder to be better than him"

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    I've already told you why he's going go be good:

First step
    Explosiveness
    In between dribble ability
    Shoot from all places on the floor
    Great passer for a wing
    Fast hands
    Tough at the point of attack defensively and offensively

Now go back into denial.
    Yes, i'm in denial because I don't want him to be good for some reason. What reason would that be? If he does become a star, there's more chance of him being a Knick when he hits FA than staying a Cav. Win win all around.

raep tiem

Wtf lol

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    He was considered top 3-4 with Irving, Barnes, and later Williams. He didn't declare because he wanted to lead OSU to a title. He even said he wasn't ready to leave. They lost a tough game due to Brandon Knight hitting a clutch jumper. Do you know how weak the 2011 draft was? At worst he slips to 6.

By your estimation Sully and his agent just straight up left a million or 2 million bucks on the table to play college hoops for another season. Agents aren't stupid. Believe me, if he was a sure fire top 5 pick, he would have declared. No agent in their right mind would tell a potential top 5 pick to stay and play college for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    By your estimation Sully and his agent just straight up left a million or 2 million bucks on the table to play college hoops for another season. Agents aren't stupid. Believe me, if he was a sure fire top 5 pick, he would have declared. No agent in their right mind would tell a potential top 5 pick to stay and play college for another year.
    B-but I thought players would be better off by staying more years in college.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    He'd be lucky if he turns out to be half the player as Wade.

[FONT="Courier New"] Loljk dude has potential.[/FONT]
    You should remove the "jk" part. He would be lucky if he turned out to be half the player Wade is. As for being better than Wade? Keep dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    What are you babbling about? You're still wrong in this case as usual. The hilarious part is there are tons of article labelling Sully as a top 5 picks. There are aticles after this past draft talkin about how he hurt himself not declaring last draft.

"Obviously we needed to address size," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "The fact that number one, Jared Sullinger fell to us, is just fortunate. Last year he would have a been a top-5 pick. It gives us a rebounder, a high IQ player, a good player, a really good player from the outside."
    Pery Jones another top lottery pick that stayed. But no agent in their right mind would tell a poential top 5 pick to stay right? Harrison Barnes another top lottery pick that stayed. Bt no agent in their right mind....ah hell you simply arent bright.

Prospects stayed in school with the threat of an NBA lockout looming. Those that declared took advantage going higher than they would have.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a2

^^^article suggesting that worst case scenerio for Sully and PJII was lottery. Best case neither slips out of the top 5 in 2011 draft.

Do you want me to continue proving how Sully weas regarded as a top 5 pick? Wait I did all of this and you continue to spew this nonsense. Classic case of someone being wrong but refuses to accept a loss.

Just like your logic that Kyrie Irving was the best college player despite only playing 11gms.

You can lead a jackass errrr mule to the water but you cant make the mofo drink.

I can't believe how underrated Wade has gotten on here.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    What are you babbling about? You're still wrong in this case as usual. The hilarious part is there are tons of article labelling Sully as a top 5 picks. There are aticles after this past draft talkin about how he hurt himself not declaring last draft.

Pery Jones another top lottery pick that stayed. But no agent in their right mind would tell a poential top 5 pick to stay right? Harrison Barnes another top lottery pick that stayed. Bt no agent in their right mind....ah hell you simply arent bright.

Prospects stayed in school with the threat of an NBA lockout looming. Those that declared took advantage going higher than they would have.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a2

^^^article suggesting that worst case scenerio for Sully and PJII was lottery. Best case neither slips out of the top 5 in 2011 draft.

Do you want me to continue proving how Sully weas regarded as a top 5 pick? Wait I did all of this and you continue to spew this nonsense. Classic case of someone being wrong but refuses to accept a loss.

Just like your logic that Kyrie Irving was the best college player despite only playing 11gms.

You can lead a jackass errrr mule to the water but you cant make the mofo drink.
    So you "proved" your argument by showing me a Doc Rivers quote saying he woulda been a top 5 pick last year. If I show you a quote from Byron Scott saying Dion should have been the 2nd pick in the draft does that mean Dion was a top 2 prospect?

No way Sully woulda went top 5 last year. No goddamn way. There WERE tons of articles proclaiming him a top 5 at the beginning of the season, but towards the end most mocks i remember had him in the 7-12 range.

And do you understand rookie pay scale? It doesn't seem like you do. Thats why it would have been utterly MORONIC for an agent to hold back any top tier draftee to play another year in college.

Again, so eager to prove somebody wrong on an internet forum..... Its comical (especially considering how much goddamn time you spend on the forum) Get a life homie.

I stopped reading at "better jump shot"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    I stopped reading at "better jump shot"
    Wade's last year at Marquette:

Mid-range:32%(133 attempts)
    Within 5 feet: 56%(98 attempts)

Dion's last year at 'Cuse:

Mid-range:49%(119 attempts)
    Within 5 feet 44%(74 attempts)

Soo,,,yea.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Randy Foye was compared to Wade coming out of college too. He was supposed to be the better jumper shooter as well.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about his weight.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I can't figure out which is a dumber position... Saying he will be equal to or better than Dwyane Wade before he plays a single NBA regular season game or calling him a bust because of something you saw in the Summer League.

Two ends of the idiot spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by DTreats
    Wade's last year at Marquette:

Mid-range:32%(133 attempts)
    Within 5 feet: 56%(98 attempts)

Dion's last year at 'Cuse:

Mid-range:49%(119 attempts)
    Within 5 feet 44%(74 attempts)

Soo,,,yea.
    where can I find college shooting stats by distance? there are a few players I want to look up