Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: I see why Lebron left

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Like I've always said, LeBron worked miracles with that team.
    Cleveland's current team, with Lebron, is better than Miami's roster even if Chris Bosh is there. He totally increased his chances of winning by going to another team with two studs; however, he is the key player.

LBJ with Mo, Andy, JJ, Twan, etc. is better than Wade, Bosh +.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2010
    its a team sport. One player fails,the whole team fails. That makes sense above any other logic
    That doesnt make sense at all, you could make that case for the Celtics series somewhat. But what is the excuse we should use before those series and all of his other playoff runs when he never failed as an individual? 2 years back Lebron averaged 37-8-9 against Orlando, he shot very high percentage, he hit plenty of clutch shots, he involved all of his teammates, what more can you ask from a player? You hit a 3 and shut down your opponent defensively while your teammates bad defense gives up a layup, you hit another 3 and play yet again supperb defense but your teammate gives up another layup to the opponent, you hit another 3 and shut down your man and another teammate gives up a layup to the opponent.... understand? One player cant control the talent/skill of a individual, he can control only what he can do, this is not NBA 2K11 for PS3.

Just like you said, this is a team sport. Hence why no player in NBA history has won a championship alone, no matter how good he was. You can average a 30 point triple double or 50 ppg every single game and put up the best clutch performances ever and never win a championship if you dont have the required amount of help from teammates, coach, franchise and so on. Take a look at even Michael Jordan, he played better than any of his championship years but didnt get a championship until he recieved the proper amount of help he needed.

Take a look at Kobe, as soon as Shaq left there sure was no success for him in the championship department. The man dropped 81 points, averaged 37 ppg and we all can agree he was the best player that time and we all can agree he had best killer instinct and was the best gamecloser and no championship still.... until he got the help needed.

I could go on and on, i dont know how many times these superstars have to prove to people like you that this is a team game, that you can not win a championship no matter how good of a player you are if you dont have the required amount of help.
    Last edited by sh0wtime; 12-03-2010 at 01:06 AM.

College superstar

LeBron apologists

Yup LeBron never had any help and played with sh*t teammates his entire career.

Carlos Boozer = Overrated even though he's a 2x All-Star

Big Z = Overrated even though he's a 2x All-Star

Ben Wallace = Overrated even though he's a 4x DPOY and an 4x All-Star All-Star

Antwan Jamison = Overrated even though he's a 2x All-Star

Shaq = Worthless washed up bum, who cares if he was an All-Star in 2009 and a future hall of famer? I'm shocked that a team like Boston was willing to sign that washed up scrub when all he does is clog the lane.

Mo Williams = Overrated, who cares if he made the All-Star team in 2009? LeBron made him.

Anderson Varejao = LeBron made him too, who cares if he was a great 6th man an made the All-Defensive 2nd team?

Anthony Parker = Scrub, LeBron made him. Who cares if he was the #1 3-point shooter in the league in 2010?

Dwayne Wade= Overrated, dude is injury prone and past his prime

Chris Bosh = Overrated, dude is soft

Also don't forget the rest of Miami's roster outside of the big 3 and their bench is complete trash.

PLEASE GET LEBRON SOME HELP!!!!!

College superstar

College superstar

LeBron nut huggers will always put all the blame on the management, coaching and his teammates as usual.

For 3 years the Cavs had been in the top 3 and the last 2 years they had been #1 in the league. You can't be the #1 team in the league with a supporting cast that sucks.

Mo Williams is an all-star, Antwan Jamison is an All-Star, Anderson Varejao is a great 6th man and made the All-Defensive 2nd team, Shaq is a hall of famer and was an all-star the year before joining the Cavs (now having a good year in Boston), Big Z was a serviceable big man and a 2x All-Star a few years ago and Parker was the #1 3-point shooter in the NBA.

Everybody was fine with the Cavs supporting cast when they won 66 games, they were happy with the supporting cast when they were 1 win away from being undefeated at home, nothing was wrong with the supporting cast when they were killing the Bulls, Pistons and Hawks in the playoffs but as soon as they lose to Orlando and Boston the excuse is that LeBron is playing with a bunch of scrubs.

Y'all say Cleveland wasn't built for the playoffs, but somehow they managed to stay competitive with the Celtics when Lebron shot 2-20 and had 10 turnovers.

You switch siders are hilarious. You guys are the same dudes that picked the Cavs to win it all the last 2 years are now saying ''they weren't built for the playoffs''....well then why do you all keep picking them to win it all?

Now what's the excuse for the Heat when they don't win? They weren't built for the playoffs either? LeBron and Wade just couldn't co-exist? The supporting cast sucks?

Good High School Starter chris2010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sh0wtime
    That doesnt make sense at all, you could make that case for the Celtics series somewhat. But what is the excuse we should use before those series and all of his other playoff runs when he never failed as an individual? 2 years back Lebron averaged 37-8-9 against Orlando, he shot very high percentage, he hit plenty of clutch shots, he involved all of his teammates, what more can you ask from a player? You hit a 3 and shut down your opponent defensively while your teammates bad defense gives up a layup, you hit another 3 and play yet again supperb defense but your teammate gives up another layup to the opponent, you hit another 3 and shut down your man and another teammate gives up a layup to the opponent.... understand? One player cant control the talent/skill of a individual, he can control only what he can do, this is not NBA 2K11 for PS3.

Just like you said, this is a team sport. Hence why no player in NBA history has won a championship alone, no matter how good he was. You can average a 30 point triple double or 50 ppg every single game and put up the best clutch performances ever and never win a championship if you dont have the required amount of help from teammates, coach, franchise and so on. Take a look at even Michael Jordan, he played better than any of his championship years but didnt get a championship until he recieved the proper amount of help he needed.

Take a look at Kobe, as soon as Shaq left there sure was no success for him in the championship department. The man dropped 81 points, averaged 37 ppg and we all can agree he was the best player that time and we all can agree he had best killer instinct and was the best gamecloser and no championship still.... until he got the help needed.

I could go on and on, i dont know how many times these superstars have to prove to people like you that this is a team game, that you can not win a championship no matter how good of a player you are if you dont have the required amount of help.
    no i in team, no me in championship. nuff said lol

Good High School Starter chris2010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    LeBron nut huggers will always put all the blame on the management, coaching and his teammates as usual.

For 3 years the Cavs had been in the top 3 and the last 2 years they had been #1 in the league. You can't be the #1 team in the league with a supporting cast that sucks.

Mo Williams is an all-star, Antwan Jamison is an All-Star, Anderson Varejao is a great 6th man and made the All-Defensive 2nd team, Shaq is a hall of famer and was an all-star the year before joining the Cavs (now having a good year in Boston), Big Z was a serviceable big man and a 2x All-Star a few years ago and Parker was the #1 3-point shooter in the NBA.

Everybody was fine with the Cavs supporting cast when they won 66 games, they were happy with the supporting cast when they were 1 win away from being undefeated at home, nothing was wrong with the supporting cast when they were killing the Bulls, Pistons and Hawks in the playoffs but as soon as they lose to Orlando and Boston the excuse is that LeBron is playing with a bunch of scrubs.

Y'all say Cleveland wasn't built for the playoffs, but somehow they managed to stay competitive with the Celtics when Lebron shot 2-20 and had 10 turnovers.

You switch siders are hilarious. You guys are the same dudes that picked the Cavs to win it all the last 2 years are now saying ''they weren't built for the playoffs''....well then why do you all keep picking them to win it all?

Now what's the excuse for the Heat when they don't win? They weren't built for the playoffs either? LeBron and Wade just couldn't co-exist? The supporting cast sucks?
    this

Learning to shoot layups EDART King's Avatar

Cavs suck donkey balls, duh!

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1

nice try
    you list regular season awards. Tonight's game showed how vulnerable and mentally weak his former team is under pressure.
    You assign all the blame on Lebron. You say he's mentally weak, blah, blah
    Other leaders can be "confident," because they have other superstars on their team to step up when they can't.

Good High School Starter kabalcage's Avatar

You can say that the supporting cast in Cleveland was championship caliber, BUT...

That same cast wasn't going to be considered elite for long. That cast was going to need some heavy reconstruction soon considering all the old players they relied on. It wouldn't be easy to add to the Cavs either; I don't believe any team would just donate a great player to them.

That summer meant everything.

Boston was elite.
    Miami made a power move and looked like they could be a contender.
    Orlando wasn't going anywhere.
    The Knicks were on the rise. Will have some ability to maneuver this upcoming summer too.

LeBron decided to pick a cast with players he could rely on for the next six years.

I just don't think LeBron could have won in Cleveland, they weren't good enough. He would've been 30 and had zero championships, might be past his prime by then. Maybe he leaves then, but since he's washed up, he still can't get it done. GOAT candidate, zero championships. Pathetic.

So he took the easy way out. But he still might never win because he's a loser.

Lebron had help, but what kindof help? Championship success type of help or season success type of help? Ill let you decide.

Individuals win games, but teams win championships.
    Last edited by sh0wtime; 12-03-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    acting like Lebron owes them something

spelling & grammar doesn't cost a thing ;)
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Green"]I work pro bono.

Spell&Grammar[/COLOR][/FONT]

They don't suck. The team was built around Lebron. When the guy you built around left, with no one good enough to step up to the role, this is what you get.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

In the long run it was the correct move to leave Cleveland, however he should have chosen NY. His image would not have taken the hit it did, and his chances of winning would only have been slightly smaller than Miami.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Yup LeBron never had any help and played with sh*t teammates his entire career.

Carlos Boozer = Overrated even though he's a 2x All-Star
    Was he all star level on the cavs or did he grow over his career up to a peak in about 2007?

Big Z = Overrated even though he's a 2x All-Star
    Was he one at any point the cavs were expected to be good? The Cavs won 17 and 42 games when he was an all star. He has not been a high level player at any point the Cavs were doing anything.

Ben Wallace = Overrated even though he's a 4x DPOY and an 4x All-Star All-Star
    Ben played 77 games for the Cavs....in 2 seasons...4-5 years past his prime.

Antwan Jamison = Overrated even though he's a 2x All-Star
    Antawn Jamison is putting up 12/6 on 40% shooting. He had 11/3 on 4-10 shooting tonight in the biggest game of the season for the cavs.

Shaq = Worthless washed up bum, who cares if he was an All-Star in 2009 and a future hall of famer? I'm shocked that a team like Boston was willing to sign that washed up scrub when all he does is clog the lane.
    Anyone who says Shaq isnt washed up doesnt remember the real Shaq. Shaq died in 2004. Shaquille is still a good player. Nothing great though. Hes the oldest player in the league I believe. Time caught up. It happens. Doesnt mean he sucks...but hes a name star not a game star.

Mo Williams = Overrated, who cares if he made the All-Star team in 2009? LeBron made him.
    Mo was in the league for 5-6 years without Lebron and nobody cared. He joins a team Lebron powers to 66 wins...he makes the ASG off the record. We pretending that isnt the case or that hes currently proving to aactually be an all star level player? I'll let Mo himself explain Lebrons importance to him:

"That's how bad it got," Williams said. "I contemplated it. I really sat down and envisioned life after basketball. ...I really saw myself not playing.

Dude thought about giving up basketball without Lebron. And you think Lebrons impact on his status in the league is overstated?

Anderson Varejao = LeBron made him too, who cares if he was a great 6th man an made the All-Defensive 2nd team?
    You heard his name mentioned this season? I rarely do. you dont hear much about poormans Jerome Williams types when they arent the scrappy role players on good teams. Good team often get their role players overrated. Rick Fox made like 14 total plays after he left Boston but he will be remembered forever for playing good man to man D and being a part of teams that could do without him. Andy is a nobody who was forced into public awareness by Lebron being on TV 50 times a year.

Anthony Parker = Scrub, LeBron made him. Who cares if he was the #1 3-point shooter in the league in 2010?
    Great question. Who does care? He hit more threes on better shooting in 2 of the 3 seasons before that. Anyone give a damn?

No. Because hes a jump shooting role player. Having just glanced at everyone to shoot 40% in 09.....36 people...17 are scrubs(by which I mean role players who will never be anything but that). Thats because a lot of people who make a lot of threes make them because they are open....and often they are open because the defense cares more about players who are good.
    Dwayne Wade= Overrated, dude is injury prone and past his prime
    Nah. Past his prime? Possibly. But if so not by much.

Chris Bosh = Overrated, dude is soft
    Ive been saying that since 2004.

Also don't forget the rest of Miami's roster outside of the big 3 and their bench is complete trash.
    Show me a worse team 4-12 that has been good.

Ever.

Of the players actually playing of course. Not counting Mike Miller since hes not played. Looking at who played tonight...

Carlos(Straight "Eh" status...has not made a play you remember since the 2004 Olympics)
    Z(roughly 58 years old)
    Jones. Really good shooter
    Anthony. A nothing wrapped in just enough youth that people pretend he isnt a nothing
    House. Good streaky shooter
    Howard. Nobody knew he was still in the league till he signed in Miami. Before pushing that guy last week he was last seen on sportscenter throwing a lob off the backboard to Chris Webber 16 years ago.
    Dampier. Last time he was a good player was 3 months in 2004.
    Chalmers. I like him a bit but it seems their coach doesnt. Plus hes been hurt. Barely played at all this year.

Lets compare that to say....the worst team ive ever seen in the NBA. Not by record...but having watched? I rank the 03 Nuggets as the least talented team of my lifetime. They started Shammond williams and Vincent Yarborough at one point. Ok...lets remove their top 3...

No Camby, Juwon Howard, or Nene

James Posey
    Birdman
    Rodney white(remember him?(
    Chris Whitney(Jordan got him a little shine being on his team with the Wizards)
    Mark Blount
    Donnell Harvey
    Shammond Williams
    Harrington(not Al)

Combined with Miamis current roster after the top 3?

If I gotta draft out of them?

Id take Posey first...then James Jones. Birdman. Probably Carlos then. Z if I had a team I could just let him take 3 open 18 footers a game on maybe. Then Blount or Dampier if I didnt have a bigman...House if I did. donnell Harvey and Rodney White if I had a coach to keep them in line.

Real talk...after Posey, James Jones, and Birdman...nobody on either team matters at this point of their careers. How many people to play for the Heat this year were signed by them out of free agency where nobody else wanted them just for the roster spot? At least 4 off the top of my head...

The Heat from 4-12 are a total trainwreck.

They jsut are. They matchup with among the worst of all time. IT would be hard to find a team with its 4th most relevant player league wide being James Jones or Eddie House.

haslem was there. But hes gone till...whenever. I was told he was out for the season but also that its just till the ASG or something. Dont know.

But I know hes gone for a long long time having played what? 10 games or so?

The Heat are flat out...terrible. After the big 3. All time terrible.

Thats what happens when you sign 45-50 million dollars of contracts to 3 guys with a 58 or so million salary cap.

They will be better...and would be good if they had Haslem and Miller.

But they dont.

As it stands...the Heat are deplorable after the big 3.

So..

A lot of the things you say are being said are...pretty true.