Local High School Star

Default The definitive Power Forward thread ?

So more rumors that Masai is quietly in the market at the 4 position.

BBall Insiders and "another site that shall not be named here".

The specific names thrown out:

Taj Gibson - Bulls - unhappy coexisting with PGas ?
    K Farried - Nuggets - rumored before.

So as you look down the FA list this is what I see.

-----

(Points per game this season/Rbs per game this season/ Assist per game/ PIE)

~ contract or estimate contract next year

------

Amir Johnson 9.9 / 5.7 / 1.5 / NBA PIE 9.1 ~ Free agent

------

P Mislap Atlanta 17.1 / 8 / 3 / NBA PIE 13.3 ~ est contract $15M

G Monroe Detroit 15.3 / 10.3 / 2 / NBA PIE 14.9 ~ est contract $15M

Taj Gibson Chicago 11 / 7 / 1.3 / NBA PIE 10.5 ~ current $9M / $17 over 2

K Faried Denver 11.8 / 8.8 / 1.3 / NBA PIE 11.7 ~ current $12.5M / $50 over 4

Interestingly look at these:

Tristan T Cleveland 9.0 / 8.4 / 0.5 / NBA PIE 9.2 ~ RFA (??)

---

Bottom Line - I think you can make an argument that suggests targeting Tristan T as your off season FA AND sign back Amir.

You might be able to do both and only pay as much as Monroe / Mislap are likely to get.

Thoughts ??
    Last edited by Jballer; 02-05-2015 at 02:59 PM.

Default Re: The definitive Power Forward thread ?

Being in the West I have the chance to watch a lot of west coast games and the target IMO should be to sign Draymond Green to a Kyle Lowry type of deal. 4 years at 12 million a year would be great and you're getting a player that you can plug in on the wing or the post with his versatility. Last night he held Dirk to 4-15 shooting from the field, not many players can do that.

Local High School Star

Dray Green 11.2 / 8 / 3.6 / NBA PIE 10.7

Hmm.. Kmart. You are right...

Now GS is a very very good team and he gets some stats from that but seriously those numbers > Taj in Chicago.

I know him vaguely but I don't see him or his games in TO on TV cause I might be in bed by that time

So question ~ he has 3 years ~ is he RFA ? Does GS have to qualify him this year ?

Local High School Star

A second note about Tristan T...

If some of the "Masai speculation is actually correct or true" (BIG if)
    ...and this upcoming off season is really just practice or a dry run at Wiggens in 3 years....

Does bringing in Tristan T actually help set that?

Is the long term plan.. Andrew Wigg/ Bruno / Tristan / JV / PG

Pure pure speculation but I will throw it out there.

No David West? That's the player Masai has been specifically targeting according to reports. Indy is reluctant to deal apparently because they believe they will contend when George returns.

I think a David West acquisition is the type of move you make when you are missing that one piece to get you over the hump for title contention. Frankly I don't think the raptors are there yet.

David West is 34 years old, and is on the decline. I'd prefer they focus on younger players to add to the core on a long-term deal. Although I'm not too sure what West's contract is like.

A 4th big is the major need for this team (and I also think an upgrade at the second wing spot is needed). I just wouldn't want to give away picks or young guys to accelerate this teams progression if the move doesn't guarentee title contention.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

The only way for this to work is for the raps to have both Amir and Thompson take home team discounts. Let Sweet Lou walk and try to get bigger and stronger up front. JV and Thompson would not work playing them together.
    Bench unit of Amir, Thompson, Ross and Vaz would be pretty darn good though. Maybe Bruno if he can get some rotation minutes.

Starters would be lowry, derozen, JJ, Patterson, Val

We become more of a smash mouth team with this line-up. Probably have to draft a point guard with quickness in this scenario.
    lowry, vaz, rookie draft pick
    derozen, ross Free agent wing 3 and D shooter/defender
    JJ, Ross, bruno
    Patterson, Thompson
    Val, amir Bebe/Hayes

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Toni
    No David West? That's the player Masai has been specifically targeting according to reports. Indy is reluctant to deal apparently because they believe they will contend when George returns.
    David West : 13.1 / 7 / 3.3 / NBA PIE 12.8

Certainly comparable to the above.

To other points West is old - West may be "that veteran" needed assuming Chuck Hayes walks at season end. 34 is not youthful but not done.

Legitimate question about acquiring West is $12M and $12.6 player option so any move back would be tow players and they would have to expire this year to make Indiana whole i.e. flexible. Chuck Hayes and Landry Fields.

Salary cap flexibility is still fine for the Raptors given the other deals maturing and a predicted rise in the cap and luxury tax level.
    Last edited by Jballer; 02-09-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by barkleynash
    JV and Thompson would not work playing them together.

Bench unit of Amir, Thompson, Ross and Vaz would be pretty darn good though. Maybe Bruno if he can get some rotation minutes.
    Two points out of yours

Why so ? Actually I think Thompson would work with Val in an Amir ++ sort of way. Tristan's game , left and right handed shooting ability is kind of Amir ++ and youth without turned ankles ?? Thats my take.

Yes if Patterson out played Tristan for starting minutes that is exactly what I thought as well.