Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default MJ: "Kobe is easily the best"

http://clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=61191

Damn today MJ was in Berlin (Germany) to present his new shoes and he was asked what he believes about the future of the league and the development after his retirement.

He answered, "well the NBA is in great hands but if I had to pick the single greatest player on the planet, I take Kobe Bryant without hesitation".
    Duh.

MJ knows what's up! GREATNESS recognizes GREATNESS.

Whatever happened to that "JordanStar" guy. I'm sure he'll love reading this.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

I like.

Banned

For those of you who are interested in the shoes

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...72233051&cdi=0

One response I really liked

MJ sees alot of himself in Kobe. Wish he could come here and mentor him. MJ is likely the only person in the WORLD who can relate to Kobe Bryant, the person, the player, the leader.

Saw a basketball once Boiled Snack's Avatar

never knew that MJ thinks highle of kobe duh

I usually hit open layups

MJ has always praised Kobe....even going back to 98.

damn i'd love to see MJ train Kobe. i remember a game back in 98, where MJ was actually giving him shooting advice near the halfcourt area while someone was shooting freethrows. mentally and defensively i think MJ could enhance Kobe. guy is already terrifying.

it would never happen tho. people worry too much about comparisons and image.

I'm just shocked Jordan finally gave an honest answer... instead of the typical Jordan line "there's lots of good talent in the league...bla bla bla"

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IGGYIVERSON
    MJ has always praised Kobe....even going back to 98.

damn i'd love to see MJ train Kobe. i remember a game back in 98, where MJ was actually giving him shooting advice near the halfcourt area while someone was shooting freethrows. mentally and defensively i think MJ could enhance Kobe. guy is already terrifying.

it would never happen tho. people worry too much about comparisons and image.
    I remember seeing that in one of the tapes I watched. Kobe actually asked him how do something and MJ was tellin him. but yea, MJ has always had a good relationship with kobe, always praising him and vice versa
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 10-22-2006 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    I'm just shocked Jordan finally gave an honest answer... instead of the typical Jordan line "there's lots of good talent in the league...bla bla bla"
    he usually takes the political style answers but honestly there really hasnt been a single "without a doubt best player in the world" since MJ. its always been an argument. TD, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, etc, etc. it was never an argument thru-out the 90s. so i can't come down on any NBA legends for refusing to name one player.

Kobe's a damn good choice tho.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

I thought he only wouldnt do that while he was still in the league. He hasnt really had a problem answering questions like this since he's retired.

Nah, he's always been like this. Someone recently ask him about his favorites to win the championship, and he gave another MJ-like answer.

Nah, he's always been like this. Someone recently ask him about his favorites to win the championship, and he gave another MJ-like answer.
    well its either be like that or be someone outspoken who has the ability to offend.

MJ's a business man first and foremost. he's going to stay neutral a lot of times.

I rule the local playground

Game recognize game ...

Player to Player ...

Pimp to Pimp ...

GREATNESS recognize GREATNESS ...

If only MJ got to spend more time telling Kobe the finer points of the game, and training him ... Kobe could've surpassed the master. Kobe always has looked up to him, and imitated him. I'm sure Jordan recognizes that, and respects it.

Where are the haters? I'd love to see them flip this.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

I wonder how players will see Kobe in the future. I wonder if they themselves will model their game after Kobe and look up to Kobe like Kobe does to MJ. I can already see that his whole team looks up to him as a legend pretty much. You can tell when he makes the game winners that they are in "awe" of Kobe at times.