Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: We are....who they thought we were

You need to cheer up, the series is not over yet. I actually like OKC's chance in game 7, they have a good chance. The last three times when a team made a 1-3 comeback, they won by average of 15pts at least. GSW was nowhere near this dominant in the 2 wins, so game 7 is a toss up.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Reckless drives to the basket or long (mostly contested) jumpshots. They have no way to get smart, easy shots when the defense clamps down.
    When I watch them play, even when they win, I say, "What the f*ck was that?" about 20 times per game.

I think the Thunder lost their identity. They won by physically imposing their will on GS. They were Rocky to GS's Apollo Creed. They dished out painful bodyshots and made GS stop wanting to fight. They closed the ring and cornered them. They couldn't do much with all that length.

But those blowout wins felt too good to them. The last 2 games, they've tried to knock the champs out instead of patiently attacking the body. They're playing GS's game with all the quick shots. OKC believed the hype. Those blowouts were not because OKC is that much better than GS but because they made GS quit. OKC are punishers, bruisers but they're trying too hard to knock GS out. They're not Creed, they're Rocky and they should go back to that.

Even with that said, they almost won both games! Almost doesn't count but this series is more about what OKC does than what GS does. If OKC plays their best ball, they will win no matter how GS plays.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Lebron shot below 40%

Anyways KD is supposed to be the closer/best scorer on the planet and he can't get it done

"This man can pull up from THIRTY"

somehow is on pace to have a worse scoring series than Lebron in the Finals and Bran didn't have help to get easier baskets, what is KD's excuse?
    He shot 39.8%, thats 40%, no? Since when do we round down?

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    If OKC had 2012 KD Right now man..

it would have been over in 5 games, possibly a sweep.
    The KD that King made a bish out of?

OKC played better when they weren't expected to win.