Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Draft,

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: 2015 Draft,

Yeah I do like Batum, he is able to play that 4th option well and is a great secondary ball handler, and can shoot the deep ball well. His play making and deep range would work perfectly around Reggie / Dre pick and roll game. And he is a very lengthy defender at the 3...

With him, we could focus on taking a PF in the draft ^^ If you like Lyles best then we could trade down to #16, I say he is still available there, him or Portis would be a good get with #16 and we would also get some heavy compensation on top of that moving the #8...

My question is, what would the Blazrs have wanted of us for Batum? Not sure we have the piees to have made something work? The only thing we have that they would want is #8... Batum + #23 for #8?... Not sure i'd even consider that... Maybe if Blazers could have packaged their #23 with assets and move up to #14 - #17 range then, perhaps worth considering....

I also really like the prospect of Vonleh... For some reason I just think he can be a very, very good player in time. If I knew he was available I think he could have been a great fit behind Ilyasova or in patches at C, and develop him into our PF of the future for 2-3 years time...

NBA lottery pick

Vonleh showed nothing last season and Henderson is just a role player. I'm sure Detroit could have came up with something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Vonleh showed nothing last season and Henderson is just a role player. I'm sure Detroit could have came up with something lol.
    Just remember that Vonleh was considered a steal at #9 just last year, was expected to go top 6,

Last year he was injured for the majority of it, hard to assess him on that,

19 years old, 6'10" and 240 pounds with (from memory) the biggest hands recorded in the last decade,

But yeah you are right he showed nothing last year, but still high on him

See the report coming out that Hezonja's agent / our new employee Arn Tellem is trying to get him to the Pistons, trying to put other teams off drafting him top 7...

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Just remember that Vonleh was considered a steal at #9 just last year, was expected to go top 6,

Last year he was injured for the majority of it, hard to assess him on that,

19 years old, 6'10" and 240 pounds with (from memory) the biggest hands recorded in the last decade,

But yeah you are right he showed nothing last year, but still high on him
    He's got some big shoes too fill too. Portland is officially out of contention. I know LMA said LA and San Antonio are his two top targets. I still think Detroit should try to offer him the max. Him and Dre would be the best front line in the NBA. We just tendered Reggie. Then whatever happens tonight.... That would be a tough series for Lebron. I'm thinking there's a ton of superstars in the West just because Lebron is in the East and they're scared.

Oh man f we get LMA we automatically become a top 3 teamm in the East in our first year! Worst case scenario would be:

Dre / LMA
    LMA / Ilyasova
    Stanley / Tolliver / Miller
    KCP / Meeks
    Reggie / Dinwid

All of a sudden that is a very deep / strong second unit with Ilyasova as 6th man,

And then if you replace Stanely with Hezonja then it's even better

And down the stretch we can play a lineup of:

LMA
    Ilyasova
    KCP
    Meeks
    Reggie

Prevents hack a Dre, all good free throw shooters,

NBA lottery pick

Oh man f we get LMA we automatically become a top 3 teamm in the East in our first year! Worst case scenario would be:

Dre / LMA
    LMA / Ilyasova
    KCP / Meeks
    Reggie / Dinwid

All of a sudden that is a very deep / strong second unit with Ilyasova as 6th man,

That's my thoughts. We'd be better than Chicago. We'd have to be competitive with Cleveland. One would think LMA would have to consider Detroit. He's not set on being in a big market. The one team he would have to get by is Cleveland. In the West it's much more. Of course if LA gets Cousins, maybe someone like Mudiay, Kobe, and him that's a solid team too.

Dre / LMA
    LMA / Ilyasova
    KCP / Meeks
    Reggie / Dinwid

This is what I'm talking about!!!!!

I'm hoping for Stanley either way tonight. Letsssss go!!!

NBA lottery pick

At this point I'm actually fine if we pass on all SF's. Booker is going to be better than Winslow or Stanley. Even though we don't need a SG he's going to be lights out. I'd be fine with Lyles too. Unless Winslow gets moved to SG in the NBA. He's just too small. If he gets drafted by a team like Detroit that forces him to mainly play SF he will be a bust. If he goes to a team that can experiment and have him play some SG he could be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    At this point I'm actually fine if we pass on all SF's. Booker is going to be better than Winslow or Stanley. Even though we don't need a SG he's going to be lights out. I'd be fine with Lyles too. Unless Winslow gets moved to SG in the NBA. He's just too small. If he gets drafted by a team like Detroit that forces him to mainly play SF he will be a bust. If he goes to a team that can experiment and have him play some SG he could be alright.
    So what would you do w KCP at that point. Also,some guu named Afflalo is on the market.....

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    So what would you do w KCP at that point. Also,some guu named Afflalo is on the market.....
    I think you move Meeks.

I think all of Winslows intangibles - insane motor / hustle / length / winning mentality will see him work out just fine at SF.

More or less same size as pierce / artest / Bowen - all of which thrived at SF,

P.s we need WCS or Kaminsky to go top 7 to help us..

NBA lottery pick

Artest is one of the very few examples of someone 6'6" who was good. But he was so much stronger than everyone. The other guys were at least 6'7". You absolutely need to be at least 6'7" to make it for the most part. 6'6" is SG sized.