Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Has Any Star Player Ever Had As Negative An Impact On His Team...

Per 100 possessions they are 20 points worse with Kobe on the floor.

[COLOR=Teal]MJ kicked off his first Wizard season with a 2-9 record. Had better supporting cast too and played in a weaker conference.

Keep your trolling game up.
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    It's funny that worse teams are doing better than the Lakers isn't it? I mean the Thunder and the Pacers have had catastrophe strike non stop, completely depleting their rosters of their best players... yet they still manage some wins or at least are competitive with some high quality teams.

Yet the Lakers with the most alpha muhphucka to ever lace them up (if stans are to be believed), routinely get blown out by any and every team they face?
    /thread

So before he came back and their little run they were 24-30? Wow, that changes everything.

From 33-31 before he came back to 85-14 and another 3-peat after his return. Again, bad... but not 2014-2015 Lakers bad.

Yeah... really showed him
    Like I said...they added the greatest defensive player/and rebounder of the generation...

after all.....when MJ retired they replaced him with a CBA player and only slipped 2 games....( nearly made it to the Finals again. If not for a bad call in game 5)

replaced the so called greatest player ever and only slipped 2 games from the year prior (replaced MJ's all world offense and defense with Pete Myers..lol)....Pippen , Grant , and BJ all played better better without MJ ballhogging also.

sh!t Pippen was the best allaround player in L in 95 and showed MJ how to really carry a franchise.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    yeah but most teams run a system that is actually trying to win.
    yup.. the thunder and pacers are ranked 27th, and 28th offensively. They lost their offensive stars but they still have their defensive anchors in place in ibaka/perkins and Hibbert with nice role player defensive pieces. Indy's 8th place defense w/o paul george.. still really good.

LA has no one with defensive talent outside jordan hill and wesley johnson, but both of them cant play a lick of offense/create their own shots, etc. and the other guys have shaky, streaky offensive games at best(lin, boozer) and are terrible at defense along with kobe who doesnt even try anymore on that end. Lakers also have no defensive identity like either of those two teams as none of them have played any significant time with one another.

Local High School Star

Lakers dont have a team and the West is packed.

That's all it is.

Quote Originally Posted by edrick
    Alphas don't win shit on a team like the Lakers have. Kobe in particular needs legit bigs to have a shot at winning. Which he obviously doesn't have anymore.

This...if he was a Beta he could " take his talents" to San Antonio

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    08 Wade only won 10 out of 51 games.. it happens :)
    10/51= 19.6% win
    1/10= 10% win

Kobe gets docked points for Linsanity being the driving force behind that win.

Per 100 possessions they are 20 points worse with Kobe on the floor.
    His impact and on/off numbers are by far the worst I've ever seen from any single player. It's pretty absurd at this point.

I think the real questions is, who will win more games this year...the Lakers, or the Raiders?

I don't understand this thread.

While I'm not thrilled about Kobe playing the way he is, what else can this team do? Realistically? Have two more wins?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sbw19
    [COLOR=Teal]MJ kicked off his first Wizard season with a 2-9 record. Had better supporting cast too and played in a weaker conference.

Lakers won 27 games last season, they're on pace to win maybe 12 this year.

Wizards won 19 games the season before Jordan came along and were 26-20 by the all star break and his knee issues.

And I don't think Jahidi White is a better player than Jordan Hill personally. but to each his own.

Keep your trolling game up.
    [/COLOR]
    Power
    [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR]quality
    [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR]lways
    [COLOR="Green"]C[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]E[/COLOR]verything

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I don't understand this thread.

While I'm not thrilled about Kobe playing the way he is, what else can this team do? Realistically? Have two more wins?
    I honestly used to love ripping on Kobe back in the day, he's always been great but I used to hate the way he played sometimes. But I don't get this thread either, or many of the threads on this site to be honest, whats the point of ripping Kobe at this age? His team sucks, I'm sorry, doesn't matter if he shoots 10 or 40 times the outcome will likely be the same.

They shot 99 times and outside of Kobe they only shot 4 threes? Are you kidding me? And of course hit none. That should tell everyone about how awful shooting a team this is. Furthermore, what does the amount of shots Kobe takes have to do with the biggest problem on this team - defense? Except for occasionally causing bad leak outs and mismatches/poor transition, bad shots have little to do with it.

I think ISH is now run by player stans and teenagers. At least that's the way it seems by the majority of threads I see nowadays.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Like I said...they added the greatest defensive player/and rebounder of the generation...
    Yeah... kinda like when Rodman went from Detroit to San Antonio to play with David Robinson and they also won 70+ games. Dat GOAT impact.

after all.....when MJ retired they replaced him with a CBA player and only slipped 2 games....( nearly made it to the Finals again. If not for a bad call in game 5)
    Also added Toni Kukoc (arguably the GOAT 6th man), Steve Kerr (highest 3% all time), and a few other pieces that weren't on the championship winning team the season before. When Jordan got to play a full season with the new pieces... 72 wins.

sh!t Pippen was the best allaround player in L in 95 and showed MJ how to really carry a franchise.
    By sitting out a pivotal last second play and quitting on your team when they needed you most in the playoffs?

Thank Godbe for Kukoc.

National High School Star

2011 Lebron says hi.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Crose's Avatar

Yeah... kinda like when Rodman went from Detroit to San Antonio to play with David Robinson and they also won 70+ games. Dat GOAT impact.
    did robinson also have phil jackson, scottie pippen, toni kukoc? or was it sean elliot and bob hill? and he still got 62 wins