Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Greatest WALK-ONs ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerballer21
    Mark Titus without a doubt. Don't believe me check out this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V6FCitvRUM

P.S. the lightning is real
    Haha I love Club Trillion, and that's coming from a diehard Michigan fan. Also, I always tend to forget how good you have to be to even sit the end of the bench like that. He would smoke anybody who's ever come out of anywhere near my area.

David Robinson.

While both he and Pippen ended up being great pros, Robinson made more of an impact collegiately. Making the Naval Academy a force to be reckoned with is a pretty incredible accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    David Robinson.

While both he and Pippen ended up being great pros, Robinson made more of an impact collegiately. Making the Naval Academy a force to be reckoned with is a pretty incredible accomplishment.
    Who's to say Pippen wouldn't have made a similar impact a mid-major/low-major D1 scchool? I know he didn't lead UCA to an NAIA national championship or anything, but I'm sure he would have had a pretty big impact on a lot of D1 schools.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Who's to say Pippen wouldn't have made a similar impact a mid-major/low-major D1 scchool? I know he didn't lead UCA to an NAIA national championship or anything, but I'm sure he would have had a pretty big impact on a lot of D1 schools.
    He might have. He didn't. And there's no way to be sure what his impact would have been.

Both guys were great walk-ons. But one did it at the D1 level, the other didn't. So one accomplished what he did against superior competition. That alone makes him a more significant walk-on.

And making Navy a big time D1 team is tougher than making UCA a big time NAIA team imo.