Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Is Paul George done?

It looked awful, but it was also the best case scenario of just a clean break.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

That break looked absolutely horrific and I even let out an audible "yelp" when it happened. But, there are a lot more career-threatening injuries than a clean compound fracture. I have no reason to believe his recovery will be a problem. Stress fractures that splinter are far more serious than compound fractures.

See: Granger

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    He should be back before the end of the year.
    i really doubt that.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ABG
    i really doubt that.
    You'd be surprised how fast bone heals. By back I mean returning to the game/ practices.

The injury looked horrific but it's no way near as bad the Shawn Livingston injury. He was out for a few years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHFs4a-Bb-c

Realistically, no... he's not done, it's up to his mental game to decide if he's done or not. He may have a snapped his leg but its not different from other injuries like tearing acl, it's just more visual and it also takes time to heal, although injuries like that would have more impact in your mental game.

Banned

Yes, he s done.

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    Yes, he s done.

Done like D rose?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yankstar
    Done like D rose?
    rose will never be the same again and will prolly reinjure his knees very soon.

Ware is back on the court after 8 months. Unless PG is suffering from muscle memory syndrome.

Physically he'll be back. The mental part is the hard one.

Real talk

Uh..we've seen him on court already, and he looked exactly like his old self.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Hopefully not, but I was him I'd be scared shitless to ever jump again

Right to the point. Mentality will definitely be affected. Unless he is as tought as MJ which I don't see from him

People are overreacting like crazy here. He broke his leg in a gruesome way yes, but bones heal and his leg will be stronger than ever. It's all up to him. He could come back and be better than ever if he has the right mentality.

The leg injury will take quite some time to heal both mentally and physically, but his body will get back to 100%.

"What I've learned through this process is that it's not ]career-ending]," Pacers general manager Kevin Pritchard told the Indianapolis Star on Saturday, when he spent time with George at the hospital. "It's actually a good thing. It's bone and bone only. It doesn't look like any soft-tissue damage. We're not trying to project when he's coming back, just trying to get him through this week and then we'll know more, but the biggest risk right now is infection. That looks really good right now. They just changed his dressing and it looks really good.
    "The thing about breaking a bone is that if you get it back in the appropriate position, it can be as good as new,'' said Dr. James Gladstone, the co-chief of sports medicine at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York. "If the muscle is not involved and the bone and muscle are fully healed, then I think he will get back [to his previous form]."

Gladstone, who is not treating George, said it usually takes athletes nine to 12 months to completely recover from this type of injury. If that timetable holds up, the earliest possible return for George would be May, when the NBA playoffs are in full swing.

"Doctors said give him at least three months before he can start putting weight on it,"