Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: Steph Curry has changed the game immensely

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Who has better handles? I'm not disagreeing or saying Curry is #1, just wondering who you have above him.
    CP3 and possibly Kyrie.

Learning to shoot layups

Is it just me or does Steph run funny?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    CP3 and possibly Kyrie.
    That's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    He's easily one of the worst defenders in the league though.. lol

No. No he isn't.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingMillions

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    yet they keep losing

Warriors are 12 games over .500 in the Western Conference.

Curry is getting a bit overrated though. First off, his handles are WAY overrated. His dribbling is aesthetically pleasing, but he gets ripped as much or more than any PG in the league. Secondly, he is an amazing one-handed passer, but one-handed passes are lower %, and he attempts them far too often... maybe that's why he LEADS THE NBA IN TURNOVERS.

I don't really see how Curry has "changed the game". Kevin Durant does most of what Curry can do, only he's 6'10" tall. If you want to talk about a guy who is "changing the game", Durant seems like a more appropriate candidate. We've seen players like Curry in the NBA many times before.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingMillions
    He's a little bowlegged. That could be the result of his ankle problems over the years.

Then again, LeBron James is bowlegged too.... doesn't really slow him down.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    He may look small for a basketball player, but let's not forget that he is a 6'3" professional athlete, he could probably smack you around with little effort

Lets not forget that all NBA heights are blatant lies and he is probably 6'0.

Which even still is relatively "tall" amonst the entire population but doesnt exactly make him gargantuan.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

Which even still is relatively "tall" amonst the entire population but doesnt exactly make him gargantuan.
    idk about 6'0 maybe 6'1 without shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

idk about 6'0 maybe 6'1 without shoes
    His official measurement was taken at the combine in '09.

6'2" without shoes... 6'3.25" with shoes. It doesn't get any more official than that, unless you think the people at the combine are lying... which would be kind of hard since there are TV cameras and reporters crawling all over the place at every station.

Banned

Did he totally snub him? Guess he was in the zone.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    curry will also never win a ring as a 1st option. neither will amy of these scoring first point gaurds. only way he will win is as a 3-4th option who only shopts 3s like ray allen. no one should be impressed by these point gaurds. theu been around since forever

because you can predict the future....

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

Really?

This is not the first time we've seen a Curry-like player.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Unlimited range and not one-dimensional on offense. We've had plenty of guys who are good at shooting the three and a few who are great, but I've seen Curry doubled on and off the ball 29 or 30 feet out regularly.

Durant pretty much never gets doubled outside, mainly because he's not likely to hit them off the dribble that far out, and because if he does hit them, the hard double isn't going to obstruct that much, he'll just go over you inside. And because Westbrook will kill you.

Curry, with a modicum of space around a screen will nail you.

If anyone is overrated, it's the hacks known respectively as Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes and, to an extent Andre Igudodala. The latter gets a slight pass because he can handle the ball, which comes in handy when your point guard is the target of the most traps I've even seen....but Thompson and Barnes, Jesus Christ, learn to create your own shot. They should trade one of them, maybe both, for someone who who can create.

It's stupid watching Curry and David Lee carry that offence to the extent they do, then have people talk about Barnes, Thompson and Iguodala.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorleone
    Really?

This is not the first time we've seen a Curry-like player.
    idk homie who else comes to mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Durant pretty much never gets doubled outside, mainly because he's not likely to hit them off the dribble that far out, and because if he does hit them, the hard double isn't going to obstruct that much, he'll just go over you inside. And because Westbrook will kill you.

Curry, with a modicum of space around a screen will nail you.

If anyone is overrated, it's the hacks known respectively as Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes and, to an extent Andre Igudodala. The latter gets a slight pass because he can handle the ball, which comes in handy when your point guard is the target of the most traps I've even seen....but Thompson and Barnes, Jesus Christ, learn to create your own shot. They should trade one of them, maybe both, for someone who who can create.

It's stupid watching Curry and David Lee carry that offence to the extent they do, then have people talk about Barnes, Thompson and Iguodala.
    Klay Thompson brings instant floor spacing. That is vitally important to any offense. No, he's not going to beat his man one-on-one too often or playmake for others, but his mere presence on the floor opens things up for everyone else, including Curry.

You take Thompson off that team and replace him with a playmaker without a great perimeter shot, you're going to see a lot of the stuff that was there before suddenly gone. The floor will shrink and driving lanes will be sparse.

I've never been much of a fan of Barnes. I feel like they should have traded him at the last deadline when his value was still pretty high. He's a 10-12 point/4 rebound player in this league. I don't see anything particularly special about his game and I also don't see much of a ceiling. My personal opinion.