Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Could you argue against LeBron in the top 5 with another championship and finals MVP?

He'd surpass Gasol for the #44 spot imho. There's honestly nothing he can do at this point to get into top 5 unless time machines are invented.

Banned

Default Re: Could you argue against LeBron in the top 5 with another championship and finals MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    not sure if srs...

its arguable that Lebron is ahead of kobe right now.

If he wins another fmvp? theres no argument for kobe ahead of him
    Realistically, asides from MVP awards, what does LeBron have over Kobe in terms of a career yet??

I said LeBron wouldn't be higher than him with 3 rings, but LeBron can always end up higher if he keeps winning.

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Realistically, asides from MVP awards, what does LeBron have over Kobe in terms of a career yet??

I said LeBron wouldn't be higher than him with 3 rings, but LeBron can always end up higher if he keeps winning.
    If you have a gut check, and be honest with yourself, it would be the fact that he has 3 chips as the man with fmvp, and 4 mvps.

Very good NBA starter

if he wins this year, 3FMVP>2FMVP and better career stats.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Don't forget 4>1 as well

Jordan
    KAJ
    Russell
    Magic
    Bird
    Shaq
    Kobe
    Duncan

would still all be clearly ahead of him
    4 MVP's, 3 Rings, and 3 FMVP's? Nope. LeBron would be above all of them. IMO, LeBron is already above Bird.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    4 MVP's, 3 Rings, and 3 FMVP's? Nope. LeBron would be above all of them. IMO, LeBron is already above Bird.
    I dunno, Duncan and Kobe in particular have longevity on their side, 4 and 5 rings respectively, I guess you have to look at context, longevity is important to me, shows how consistent they can be, LeBron is heading in that path though....

Banned

The stats are still coming, as I said, his career is not done yet.

Decent college freshman

If this happens, he's best SF of all time. As far as perimeter guys, I think only Magic + MJ would be definitively be above him in all-time rankings at end of this year. I can see him surpassing Magic though once he hangs 'em up but he has little shot of catching/surpassing MJ. Now if he 4peats, then this gets interesting. Gotta win this year before I go there though haha...

Very good NBA starter

I dunno, Duncan and Kobe in particular have longevity on their side, 4 and 5 rings respectively, I guess you have to look at context, longevity is important to me, shows how consistent they can be, LeBron is heading in that path though....
    Longevity works for Duncan, but for kobe?

What has he done in the past 4 years? He got swept by the mavs, lost in 5 to okc, and was injured the past 2 years. Is that really longevity? He hasnt really done anything since 31 yrs old

LeBron is 29. Played 11 seasons. Also, if longevity is important, you need to remove Bird and Magic from that list.

not sure if srs...

its arguable that Lebron is ahead of kobe right now.

If he wins another fmvp? theres no argument for kobe ahead of him

he's a kobe stan/boston fan/heat troll

Banned

How so? I would say they would be on the same level, or LeBron still slightly behind, its not a bad thing though, he would still be a top 10 player.
    this kobetard is killing me
    LeBron 3 peating with 4 finals in a row would make him top 5

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    LeBron is 29. Played 11 seasons. Also, if longevity is important, you need to remove Bird and Magic from that list.
    Yea I said LeBron is going down that path.

Magic and Bird are still top 10 because I have them in tiers, LeBron is on the tier with Kobe, Duncan, Hakeem etc, what puts Kobe and Duncan ahead atm is the longevity. I see Lebron finishing in Magic/Bird/Shaqs tier, just behind MJ/KAJ/Russell.
    Last edited by Black and White; 05-27-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    this kobetard is killing me
    LeBron 3 peating with 4 finals in a row would make him top 5
    Does context mean anything to you?