Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Could you argue against LeBron in the top 5 with another championship and finals MVP?

I don't think you can.

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Default Re: Could you argue against LeBron in the top 5 with another championship and finals MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    I don't think you can.
    after he wins against the thunder this year, he is around 12

Default Re: Could you argue against LeBron in the top 5 with another championship and finals MVP?

Le*

Very good NBA starter

He'll be #6 at worst.

Banned

Jordan
    KAJ
    Russell
    Magic
    Bird
    Shaq
    Kobe
    Duncan

would still all be clearly ahead of him

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Jordan
    KAJ
    Russell
    Magic
    Bird
    Shaq
    Kobe
    Duncan

Really nothing to argue for in favor of Kobe if this happens.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Really nothing to argue for in favor of Kobe if this happens.
    How so? I would say they would be on the same level, or LeBron still slightly behind, its not a bad thing though, he would still be a top 10 player.

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

He would definitely be sniffing the top 5. Probably 6-8 range assuming the hypothetical.

Saw a basketball once

Nope not top five, but its not as if his career will just stop. He's likely to be one of the best payer for another 2-4 years, and still very good for a few more after that. Unless he falls off dramatically its pretty likely he will go down as top five by the time its all said and done.

In terms of game, and on court impact? Only better is prime Jordan, and comparable for a short period? Maybe peak Larry Bird / Magic Johnson. Resume? I don't see how anyone other than MJ would be ranked over him. And that's just honest truth, not even a fan of the guy. Lakers fans will be salty AF.

Jordan
    KAJ
    Russell
    Magic
    Bird
    Shaq
    Kobe
    Duncan

I would add in Mikan as well.

You know, to be honest I don't really care.

His fanboys are getting exactly what they wanted. Path of least resistance toward multiple title runs in a depleted eastern conference.

Heat could afford to rest players and still had no fear of being beaten by anyone really. Indiana? Again I laughed at a buddy of mine that thought differently. The heat won me 160 bucks. They were literally an absolute to go back to the finals this year.

Lebron and the Heat's run has to be one of the most underwhelming championship runs I've ever seen.

It's fun for their fans and especially for their bandwagoners. But outside of that is anyone buying the hype 100 percent?

That's not to say Lebron HIMSELF isn't an amazing player but there isn't much to be in awe about. They feast on inferior team after inferior team.

Their only real challenges have been the Spurs (which yes the did beat) and that's been about it to me.

Weak era. I'd have him at around 8.

Very good NBA starter

How so? I would say they would be on the same level, or LeBron still slightly behind, its not a bad thing though, he would still be a top 10 player.
    not sure if srs...

its arguable that Lebron is ahead of kobe right now.

If he wins another fmvp? theres no argument for kobe ahead of him

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    In terms of game, and on court impact? Only better is prime Jordan, and comparable for a short period? Maybe peak Larry Bird / Magic Johnson. Resume? I don't see how anyone other than MJ would be ranked over him. And that's just honest truth, not even a fan of the guy. Lakers fans will be salty AF.
    I agree. I think he still has some work to do to surpass KAJ all time. Very little to no shot at MJ though.

P.S. I'm a Bran stan