Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Top 5 Point Guards 2014/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    There's certainly an argument for it.
    He did have an argument last year. I wouldn't have put him there, but there was an argument for it. Not so far this year, though. He'd be tough to put in the Top 10 if the season ended today. That's not a knock on him... just a statement about how stacked the position is.

Off-topic: You're the first person I thought of when I heard the news about Parker last night. Absolutely brutal. Hang in there.

Banned

Why not this season?

You really need to watch some Suns games. It's infuriating watching the way they are coached. The GM has a hardon for Bledsoe for whatever reason and insists he runs the point even when Goran has the hot hand. I have never seen a team in which one guy is so clearly the better floor general and is yet made to play off the ball for a guy with nonexistent PG ability.

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

Westbrook
    Wall
    Curry
    Cp3
    Lillard/Lowry

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He did have an argument last year. I wouldn't have put him there, but there was an argument for it. Not so far this year, though. He'd be tough to put in the Top 10 if the season ended today. That's not a knock on him... just a statement about how stacked the position is.

Off-topic: You're the first person I thought of when I heard the news about Parker last night. Absolutely brutal. Hang in there.
    Same here.

Pretty sure he's the only Bucks fan I've encountered in my life, ever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Same here.

Pretty sure he's the only Bucks fan I've encountered in my life, ever.
    There was that saxophone player dude who was a Bucks fan too.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Ever heard of a guy named Chris Paul?
    Yup, he's an overrated statpadding midget who's had a very "meh" season so far. Yet another 2nd round exit incoming. I'll take Wall and Lowry over him right now if I need a PG for my team tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Why not this season?

You really need to watch some Suns games. It's infuriating watching the way they are coached.
    The GM has a hardon for Bledsoe for whatever reason and insists he runs the point even when Goran has the hot hand. I have never seen a team in which one guy is so clearly the better floor general and is yet made to play off the ball for a guy with nonexistent PG ability.
    I'll take your word for it.

But, the reason he's not in there so far this year is because the position is so, so stacked. He'd have to jump eight of CP3, Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Damian Lillard, Kyle Lowry, Mike Conley, Jeff Teague, Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose... and I'm sure that I'm missing some.

It is just a loaded position.

Banned

I'll take your word for it.

But, the reason he's not in there so far this year is because the position is so, so stacked. He'd have to jump seven of CP3, Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Damian Lillard, Kyle Lowry, Mike Conley, Jeff Teague, Rajon Rondo... and I'm sure that I'm missing some.

It is just a loaded position.
    Of those guys only CP3, Curry, Westbrook are definitely superior thus far (Westbrook has barely played though). All the rest are debatable and I would personally take Goran over them.

Agreed, that position is just way too stacked to make definite lists beyond the first 2-3 spots. It's really something else, having a position so collectively dominant that even in electric career years, guys might not even be in the top 5.

And agreed on this year. It's been an underwhelming follow up year, not getting into the specifics but he needs to get out of there to maximize his game, these are critical years in his career. Houston, Dallas, Indiana..wherever..but there are teams that would value his skill set so much more than Phoenix, and would have the means to put him back in that top 10 discussion.
    Thanks dude. Yeah there was a shock period there, didn't quite hit me until later that he's gone for the season. I'm confident in his return though, he'll be getting the best treatment out there and he's a good kid that works hard. Rose said his injury took his training to another level, maybe this helps Jabari's long-term perspective in that respect.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 12-17-2014 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Of those guys only CP3, Curry, Westbrook are definitely superior thus far (Westbrook has barely played though). All the rest are debatable and I would personally take Goran over them.
    At this point in the season, I don't see any argument over Parker, Wall, Irving, Lowry, Conley or Lillard. Right now, I'd put him in there with Teague and Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    Yup, he's an overrated statpadding midget who's had a very "meh" season so far. Yet another 2nd round exit incoming. I'll take Wall and Lowry over him right now if I need a PG for my team tomorrow.
    So what your saying is the Clippers would make it out the second round if they had Lowry or John Wall?

Banned

Top 7 PG's

Curry
    Westbrook
    CP3
    Lowry
    Wall
    Rondo
    Rose

Not airballing my layups anymore

This season alone:-

1. Steph Curry.
    2. Russell Westbrook.
    3. Kyle Lowry.
    4. John Wall.
    5. Mike Conley.

Overall, in terms of ability, the likes of Chris Paul, Tony Parker and D-Rose would feature in that list.

Banned

At this point in the season, I don't see any argument over Parker, Wall, Irving, Lowry, Conley or Lillard. Right now, I'd put him in there with Teague and Rondo.
    Conley? Teague? Rondo?

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    So what your saying is the Clippers would make it out the second round if they had Lowry or John Wall?
    I'm saying both Lowry and Wall have been better players at the PG position this season so far.