Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: NBA 2k15: MyCareer Thread

Decided to tryout for the Hornets because of their sick jerseys/warmups and home court, and because they've got a pretty good team with Stephenson, Jefferson and Vonleh. It sucks though because Big Al, who was averaging 18 and 12 and won Player of the Week at the start of the season, is out for the whole season with a ruptured achilles, so our team is definitely not as good now.

We're playing better though than before I arrived. Their record was 15-31 when I arrived, and in the games I've played, we're 4-4. Just got a guaranteed contract for the rest of the season, and averaging something like 8 PPG, 2 RPG, 2 APG. Having trouble getting assists right now.

Averaging like 7/2/2 for the Raps as an undersized SG. Going to try to play like an Iverson type combo guard which is working well since the team actually looks for me to bring the ball up and create offense quite often, but the teammates AI is a ton better than in the past before since they don't rely on me making all the plays, the changes to freelance offense per team really helped.

Just got my first badge, Spark Plug. Think it's a popular one, pretty easy to get. Just got my second ten day contract, only 3 games this time around after 6 last contract so better make them count though.

Banned

Finished my rookie season on my SG. Averaged 22pts 3ast per game. One thing I don't like is that I couldn't find a way to view the rosters during free agency or even players stats/team results after my final game. Went straight into like 10 cut scenes back to back then into me picking a team. I resigned with the Wolves but now I can see the roster I see they've drafted another SG (I'm better so I'll start but still they have me, martin and a 75 ovr rookie) whereas the Magic who I considered going to have drafted a really high 70s 7"2 centre so If I'd known that I may have signed there.

I've also started a 6"8 small forward on the magic, 1 game left on my second 10 day deal. Not sure what actually sets it but he is a raw perimeter shooter which is what I wanted my 2 guard to be. It's odd because my 2 guard has 80 something for his 3pt rating but still misses wide open threes yet my small forward has 75 for his 3 point rating yet is considering a perimeter player and knocks down contested threes like lay ups....

Only on my 4th game after signing my contract. I really like the way they broke down the endorsements, much more realistic.

How annoying are most of the cutscenes though? Every character is annoying and the "humble" options are ****ed up.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

After spending about 4 days on My GM mode (now level 105 and real life rookies are retiring), decided to finally get into this. Originally had a 6-3 SG and was going to do it GOATbrook style, but after playing with some of the auto-generate rookies, one reminded me so much of TMac that I had to recreate him.

So a 6-8 SG, inspired by McGrady. I spent 2 hours last night going through every animation and buying the accessories to get exactly what I wanted. Only did the tryout for Phoenix.

Wanted to go to NY, but it wasn't available. Then I thought maybe Detroit until I came to the conclusion that I must wear FroBe 8. Looked at the rosters and went down the list... Dinwiddie wears 8 in Detroit, Felix wears 8 in Utah, Frye wears 8 in Orlando, Deron wears 8 in Brooklyn... And then Phoenix was my next choice.

It's a shame the game doesn't have the Dragic/Bledsoe backcourt. I'm told all I need to do is beat out Zoran and Goodwin.

They need different voices btw. Switched to my computer monitor and put on the subtitles. I can't listen to that retarded Rocky wannabe anymore.

Banned

Shit, getting assists is hard. I'm only a 68 overall, but I've been scoring 15-20 points every game now, but still getting more rebounds than assists most games as a PG. It's especially hard on Hall of Fame, as your teammates just pass the ball back to you or don't shoot at all.

Why did they take out the mid game assignments? Like make a comeback, or don't let your opponent score...that was fun and broke the monotony.

Also, it's annoying that I have to view the last play before getting subbed in. I already have the option to watch game from bench, this brings nothing to the table. And it's also the same play everytime too, they post the center on the left block and he scores.

Also my 7'2 centre legally changed his name without letting me know, from Del Phonic to Mac Powell Jr.

Weird.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Shit, getting assists is hard. I'm only a 68 overall, but I've been scoring 15-20 points every game now, but still getting more rebounds than assists most games as a PG. It's especially hard on Hall of Fame, as your teammates just pass the ball back to you or don't shoot at all.
    While I'm finding it harder to get assists I find they have fixed up players passing back to you in this game. Driving and dishing actually works for me now, in the previous game I'd drive throw it to an open shooter/big man and they'd just stand there dribbling until defense resets. They actually try and score now. Pick and rolls feel harder to run now though, in the last game I could get 15 assists a game just running pick and rolls with my bigs but my shooters got no points. Maybe the shooting/passing back depends on whos on your team and the teams current scheme though, I find on the wolves guys like Wiggins, Pekovic, Young, Lavine, Brewer all seem happy to shoot/drive off my passes as they catch them.

I think pass timing really matters now. When you hit them in stride or in a scoring position, the cpu is always going up with the shot for me. Whenever I make the occasional dumbass pass is when they just stand there and do nothing, even if there's a slight opportunity to score.

Drawing free throws is really easy now is what I noticed. Also there are a shit load of moving screens called. Not even on me. Like 9/10 are on the computer and I see 5-7 a game in my (listed) 14 mpg in My Career.

Bah, the Suns. One Morris twin can shoot and the other one bricks everything. I can't tell them apart.

What do I do about rebounds constantly hitting my guy in the hands and bouncing off? Improve rebounding stat? Is it my timing?

Dragic is booty. Would rather play with Thomas or Bledsoe at point.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Why did they take out the mid game assignments? Like make a comeback, or don't let your opponent score...that was fun and broke the monotony.

Also, it's annoying that I have to view the last play before getting subbed in. I already have the option to watch game from bench, this brings nothing to the table. And it's also the same play everytime too, they post the center on the left block and he scores.

Also my 7'2 centre legally changed his name without letting me know, from Del Phonic to Mac Powell Jr.

Weird.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I can't believe that they included the cutscene about bringing a girl back to your hotel room.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Also there are a shit load of moving screens called. Not even on me. Like 9/10 are on the computer and I see 5-7 a game in my (listed) 14 mpg in My Career.
    I noticed this as well even in my 22 minutes a game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I noticed this as well even in my 22 minutes a game.
    Happens way too often. It's a bit better now that they actually call them on you if you move while setting the screen which makes it harder to just spam screens all the time for skill points but the NPCs get called too much.

My small forward on orlando just dropped 51pt 9rbs 6asts in his first start. Once you get hot with a 3 point shooter it becomes easy to just drop 3 after 3. Went 5 of 5 from down town. With 3 being contest catch and shoots in a row in the fourth once I was hot.

Before work I made a centre to try out how big men play. He's a 7"1 and just got a 10 day contract with the pelicans hoping to pair up alongside Davis. I had some skill points from my other characters so he's already rated low 70s and is listed as an interior defender now even though most of his points are in athleticism and inside scoring.

MyCareer is addictive, i have a 6'1" PG, pure shooter, Ray Allen's stroke, spending everything on shooting. I sucked so bad at the first scrimmage/try out How long quarters do you guys play? I would ofcourse like 12, but just takes to long.
    Last edited by pauk; 10-14-2014 at 07:45 PM.