Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I hit on 5-footers

Default Re: Landing Spots for Deng and Hayward?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Deng is going to get a least 12-15 million a year from someone.
    I can definitely see Atlanta, Charlotte or Phoenix offering that.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Deng is going to get a least 12-15 million a year from someone.

that would be a huge waste. i don't think he's worth more than 10 mill a year. I don't think he's gonna get a 30 million dollar deal like what the bulls offered him.

His performance this year for the cavs was good, i don't think he declined as much as people think he did (obviously he wasn't getting the touches he did in Chicago with no rose) but aside from defense, intelligence, and a good locker room presence he isn't going to add much.

He's a poor shooter and he has a ton of miles logged on that body. Supposedly his achilles injury was a lot worse than people thought.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    that would be a huge waste. i don't think he's worth more than 10 mill a year. I don't think he's gonna get a 30 million dollar deal like what the bulls offered him.

His performance this year for the cavs was good, i don't think he declined as much as people think he did (obviously he wasn't getting the touches he did in Chicago with no rose) but aside from defense, intelligence, and a good locker room presence he isn't going to add much.

He's a poor shooter and he has a ton of miles logged on that body. Supposedly his achilles injury was a lot worse than people thought.
    Agreed. I always liked his game, but he seemed like a different player away from Chicago after the trade. Any word on Cleveland looking to keep him?

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13

Good post, I agree with your view but still think someone will pay him big money if they don't find anyone else to throw it to. He is a good guy to have around young guys developing so he won't be difficult to have in your locker room as he ages.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Agreed. I always liked his game, but he seemed like a different player away from Chicago after the trade. Any word on Cleveland looking to keep him?

Literally NOTHING has come out of Cleveland into any of their plans. Nothing on coaching, GM, Deng, Hawes, etc. I highly doubt they want to keep Deng, they need wings than can space the floor and they shouldn't invest too much in Loul.

Personally i like him as a player but his asking price won't be worth it to the cavs. IMO he was really brought in a kind of a pseudo-panic move, Cavs didn't have to take him on, they could have just cut Bynum, but i think they wanted more of a leadership presence in the locker room.

I think he was more or less the same, he just wasn't asked to do as much as he was in chicago.

Raptors need an impact SF. both Deng and Hayward would be a nice fit for another playoff push.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Hayward likely staying in Utah.

Utah never let their white players go.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    Utah Jazz players are underrated. Al Jefferson and Paul Milsapp were better than people thought.
    Jefferson's been getting overrated around here lately. Millsap certainly is.

If we don't land Melo, I'd want Stephenson, Hayward, or Lowry. No Deng please.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    Utah Jazz players are underrated. Al Jefferson and Paul Milsapp were better than people thought.
    Other than D-Will obviously

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Hayward to Boston, Deng to OKC.
    I think Boston goes after one of them, not sure which one. Maybe sign and trade involving Jeff Green.

hayward to boston
    Deng back to Chitown

possibly either to the knicks

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I'd love Deng on the Mavs, but not at over 10 million. 3 years 27 to 30 million would be the highest we should go.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    hayward to boston
    Deng back to Chitown

possibly either to the knicks
    No way does deng go back to the bulls. He doesn't fit into their needs at all. They would be better off with Heyward if Melo doesnt come. If they cant get either...wait for Love next year.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

I like the idea of Hayward on the suns.

1.hes worked with hornacek in the past, and horny really likes him
    2. this would give the suns 3 playmakers in the starting line up. each of who can bring up the ball and initiate the offense from anywhere on the court
    3. hes not only a good shooter, hes plenty athletic which would fit in great with the suns run and gun offense