Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Default ISH All-time Top 25 Guards Project: #7 - Dwyane Wade vs. Bob Cousy

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]
    Make your arguments here for the next 48 hours on rather Dwyane Wade or Bob Cousy should advance and continue to move higher on the list. Put the players name you are voting for in BOLD so I don't miss it when I tally. The loser of this poll will be ranked #8 in our project.

Only members listed on the project roster will have their votes counted. Anyone may add their opinion and or argument as long as it's constructive. Our roster is now finalized. If you like the project and think you can make it better please add your opinion. If you'd like to join in the forwards, centers or all-time top 67 project, please let me know via PM. The Final Roster is listed below....

The Roster

L.Kizzle
    ThaSwagg3r
    Rose
    WillC
    G.O.A.T
    1987 Lakers
    neyca
    Toizumi
    Shaqattack3234
    Magnax1
    RobertdeMeijer
    nycelt84
    KGMN
    SteveNashMVPcro

Crossover (added after initial vote)
    bizil (added after initial vote)
    Boston C's (added at #20)
    Gotterdammerung (added at #17)
    SuperPippen (added at #14)
    Big164 (added at #13)
    Droid101 (added at #11)
    D.J. (added at #11)
    Miller for 3 (added at #10)
    Odinn (added at #9)
    OmniStrife (added at #9)
    HylianNightmare (added at #9)
    Pushxx (added at #9)
    MasterDurant24 (added at #9)
    Clippersfan86 (added at #9)

ThaRegul8r (contributor)
    NugzHeat3 (contributor)
    Psileas (contributor)
    alexandreben (contributor)
    EricForman (contributor)

[/FONT]

8 seasons
    6x all-NBA
    7x all-star
    3x all-defensive
    2010 ASG MVP
    1x Scoring Champion
    2006 NBA Champion
    2006 Finals MVP
    27-6-6-2 for playoffs during prime

Votes (5)
    Tha Swagg3r
    Shaqattack3234
    Miller for 3
    Odinn
    1987 Lakers

14 seasons
    12x all-NBA
    13x all-star
    2x ASG MVP
    6x NBA Champion
    1957 MVP
    8x Assists leader
    20-6-8 averages over 9 year prime

Votes (10)
    Gotterdammerung
    Hylian Nightmare
    Clippersfan86
    WillC
    Big 164
    KGMN
    D.J.
    SteveNashMVPcro
    Boston C's
    G.O.A.T

Last edited by G.O.A.T; 09-20-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Default Re: ISH All-time Top 25 Guards Project: #7 - Dwyane Wade vs. Bob Cousy

Break it down ISH style:

ISH logic: GOAT must be the better playground player, the one with high NBA 2k rating, better athlete.

G
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 09-20-2011 at 01:12 PM.

owwwww

I hope this is unanimous for Wade...

[QUOTE=Gotterdammerung]Break it down ISH style:

ISH logic: GOAT must be the better playground player, the one with high NBA 2k rating, better athlete.*

G

Banned

Wade. And my vote does count bitch

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I vote for Dwyane Wade. He was the better player and by miles. Cousy and the Celtics never did jack until Russell came along. Wade got to play with a declining Shaq but he never got to play with a young and prime Bill Russell like Cousy did.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    I vote for Dwyane Wade. He was the better player and by miles. Cousy and the Celtics never did jack until Russell came along. Wade got to play with a declining Shaq but he never got to play with a young and prime Bill Russell like Cousy did.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2akdYIFJ2A

Banned

I would take Joel Anthony over a prime Russell 2

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

now i know wade COULD catch cousy some day but i don't think wade will catch him in all star games or MVP, his chances of winning MVP went down the drain as soon as lebron and bosh joined up, and i think wade winning 6 more rings wont happen either so
    Bob Cousy

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    I hope this is unanimous for Wade...
    Really?

Even if you have convinced yourself, you don't see how the guy with 10 all-NBA 1st teams an MVP and 7 rings could have a case?

Even understanding that there is context to all those achievements, you don't see why someone would pick Cousy?

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    Really?

Even if you have convinced yourself, you don't see how the guy with 10 all-NBA 1st teams an MVP and 7 rings could have a case?

Even understanding that there is context to all those achievements, you don't see why someone would pick Cousy?
    If i may ask, is it too late be a part of voting committee for the top #25 guards list ?

If yes, could you post the link to where i can wait in line for the next list ?

If no, then i'll just contribute opinions here and wait for the forawrds and centers lists.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

All this comes down to is if you care one speck about the ability to play basketball.

If not its cousy by a mile. Legacy Wade will never match.

If ability to play the game matters..its Wade by a mile. Cousy couldnt shoot(dont tell me you saw him make a set shot from 3 point range...I did too..but fact is if he shot 34-35% he either missed almost all his shots or a hell of a lot of layups). Ive heard from his mouth that kids today are better ball handlers than he was(not that id make that case). Russel said Cousy didnt have any interest in defense at all and Russell helped build their fast breaking style for the express purpose of finding a way to get something out of Cousys lack of defense. Someone can find the article im sure but the basic story...

Cousy did not want to play good D. He didnt see it as a key towinning...so when his man would abuse him Russell would block it and mastered quick outlet passes because after a whhile once cousy got blown by he would know Bill was there to reject it and throw it to him leaking out down the court.

So we have his own teammates saying he played no D...

He got rebounds...on a teams scoring 120 ppg in a league that shot like 38-42%. Lot of rebounds to grab.

Fact is...all Cousy could be argued better than Wade at is passing......and playing with Bill Russell.

He was on a team as one of 3HOf players and had never even played a finals game before Bill. I wanna say they won a ring in a game he and Sharman combined for like 5 of 40 shooting. Their frontcourt won them titles. Russell. Heinson. Sanders. Their defense and frontcourt won those rings which is probably why they won 5 or 6 without him.

Point blank period....

A vote for cousy is a total disregarding of the ability to play basketball. I dont wanna hear shit about winning when a guy puts up 21/6 on 28% shooting in the playoffs losing in the second round or tops out at 26 on 50 in a sweep in the first round. Then Russell arrives and he makes 7 straight finals winning 6....then he retires...and they win one mre game...and win the title in even more dominant fasion. One of the 5 they didnt need him for.

Im hearing no "he was a winner" arguments in that situation.

He was a teammate of Bill Russell. That makes anyone a winner.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I thought that sounded odd when I read it...

He has 6 rings.

In what im sure is a total coincidence he won his first in Russells rookie season....lost the second time in the finals with Russell hurt vs the Hawks...then won 5 in a row with Russell. Then retired. Before they won 5 more without him.