Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Kobe wants the Lakers to get Allen Iverson, calls him toughest player in NBA history.

"Instead of going into X's and O's about the situation, lets just skip to what Kobe Bryant said this morning at his basketball camp in Singapore when asked who and what type of players they need next season.

"Last season we were beat out because we had no heart against the Mavericks, aside from myself and Derek Fisher there was no player in our locker room when we went do 2-0 that thought we could still win this thing, we need that toughness, that mental toughness, a point guard who can help us in the clutch, I was talking to Coach Brown the other day and I told him Allen Iverson would be a perfect fit. I've always loved AI's game.

Reporter: "But what about the baggage he carries, does his history of destroying a team not cross your mind, would you want someone like that in your locker room?"

"That stuff is all blown out of proportion me and Allen are the same people when it comes to wanting greatness and competitiveness, there is not a player in the world that would want to come off the bench if he knew he was supposed to start, the media gives Allen this label but it's false and a lot of players in the league know this. When I think of AI I think of the guy who damn near cost me a championship in 2001, the toughest dude this league has seen."

The basketball world is about to blow up in a couple of hours when this news gets reported, sources have confirmed the Lakers have told AI to keep working out and once owners and players can talk after the lockout, the Lakers will work Iverson out. Manager Garry Moore was ecstatic this morning when he heard of what Kobe said.

"Finally someone has the guts to speak out, we knew if someone would help it would be someone who is like Allen himself, he has a lot left in the tank and we want to thank Kobe because when others were to scared he spoke the truth out and may have given Allen a chance to showcase what he has left, AI is going to meet Kobe in person this coming week when were out on the West coast, we are trying to get him in the IMPACT lockout league right now. God Bless"

So how's this sound for a starting lineup: Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson? A total fail or 2012 NBA champions? Is a 36-year-old Allen Iverson the "answer" for the Lakers?"

Source: Interview in Singapore, from a few Lakers forums. Couldn't find a link though. Props to Kobe for defending an ex rival like that. I have always respected Kobe's intelligence about the game and I agree 100 percent that Iverson as a 6th man could definitely still help the Lakers, especially with confidence and attitude.

Default Re: Kobe wants the Lakers to get Allen Iverson, calls him toughest player in NBA history.

If that happens, I might just root for LA to win next season. But just imagine all the trolls.

Default Re: Kobe wants the Lakers to get Allen Iverson, calls him toughest player in NBA history.

Do not want

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGreg
    If that happens, I might just root for LA to win next season. But just imagine all the trolls.
    I will probably already be pulling for the Lakers to win the ring.... but if they get Iverson even more so. How awesome would it be if Kobe's fire brought Iverson's game back.. and those 2 finished out their careers as an older duo. That would be such a badass finish to their careers.

would be incredible is it happened, but i wont get carried away before i at least see a real media outlet quoting kobe on this.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    would be incredible is it happened, but i wont get carried away before i at least see a real media outlet quoting kobe on this.
    Naw it's legit I'm pretty sure. I believe it was reported on Sports Illustrated too. I saw matches on 3 or 4 Lakers forums and Bleacherreport (yes I understand they are a joke usually). I doubt they would completely fabricate an interview and say they are at Kobe's camp in Singapore.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...he-perfect-fit

No way Kobe said those things about his team mates quitting down 0-2. Not publically anyway.

Banned

Good luck, LA. I doubt this is even real.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    No way Kobe said those things about his team mates quitting down 0-2. Not publically anyway.
    Kobe of all people and you don't think this sounds like him ? This is EXACTLY the kind of thing Kobe would say. He spoke the truth like he always has about teammates/situation of the team. His teammates all DID quit. I have zero reason to doubt this article. Why would someone claim to be at his basketball camp in Singapore, reporting this.. and completely make this up?

Besides you can tell by a lot of what he says that this is very similar to Kobe's normal behavior. Him praising Iverson as a competitor doesn't surprise me one bit. Also the comment "He almost cost me a damn ring" or w/e.. sounds exactly like a joke Kobe would make.

Home of the 16

Yo, if this is true.. then im gonna be so hyped up for the season!
    Clippersfan, you should find that link! I dont believe in ghost

Banned

AI is one of the all-time greats and even though I hate the Lakers and their uppity fans, I'd love for AI to win a ring.

Not sure if real. But if it is, its on some Shaq/Mourning type sht.

Shaq never really respected Mourning, he just enjoyed Mourning being his bitch backup considering they both came into the league 92-93.

Kobe just want to be AIs master.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Yo, if this is true.. then im gonna be so hyped up for the season!
    Clippersfan, you should find that link! I dont believe in ghost
    . I searched like crazy and found a lot of references to it... but no direct, definitive source. I only believe it because I know how to read and recognize people. You can tell by the way Kobe speaks that this is him. If I had to make up a Kobe interview... it would be similar to this, the way he responds.

So if this is made up... it's a hoax done by a psychologist who has his personality mapped out.

Here are my perceptions.

1. Kobe has praised Iverson's heart and toughness before.

2. Kobe threw his teammates under the bus a little and called them out indirectly which he has done many times (with good reason, because they sucked balls).

3. Kobe has defended Melo and Lebron passionately this season in the same way with the whole bad reputation thing.. so why wouldn't he defend a great like Iverson?

4. His comment "When I think of AI I think of the guy who damn near cost me a championship in 2001, the toughest dude this league has seen" has Kobe written all over it. Totally something he would say. Also the way he speaks.. when I think of these quotes.. I can easily picture it coming from Kobe.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 09-19-2011 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big164
    Not sure if real. But if it is, its on some Shaq/Mourning type sht.

Shaq never really respected Mourning, he just enjoyed Mourning being his bitch backup considering they both came into the league 92-93.

Kobe just want to be AIs master.
    LMAO... That would be some twisted, cold sh** if true.

I was hoping this would have happened last year. But AI aint the type of player the Lakers need at the guard spot. They need someone capable of getting into the paint, I love AI, but I don't know if he's that player.

But still AI on the Lakers, I can dig that