Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Same Dunk Comparison: Amare, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21

this guy

You forgot to mention that Jordan also did that dunk on a rainy sunday night after 6:00pm the week following thanksgiving
    .. think about it this way funny man - see the move iverson is doing below?... it's done all the time in today's game.. it's pretty standard - we've seen plenty of guys do a right-to-left crossover, take 3 steps and jump off two feet for the finish:

but no one ever DUNKS off of this specific footwork - ONLY JORDAN dunked off that move, and it was pretty standard for him...

many of today's players do the move (so plenty of opportunities are there for them to dunk it), yet only Jordan dunked it in that spot - this demonstrates his vastly superior combination of skill and athleticism.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Are you serious with this bullshit? Is this the real you?

Its hard to imagine anyone really being this obsessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Are you serious with this bullshit? Is this the real you?

Its hard to imagine anyone really being this obsessed.
    i'm pointing stuff out you didn't know - i bet you didn't know that jordan is the only one that dunks off that very common footwork.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Mods can you make a Jordan forum so 3ball can keep all his shit in there?

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    i'm pointing stuff out you didn't know - i bet you didn't know that jordan is the only one that dunks off that very common footwork.
    You are a creepy mfvcker! Are you jlauber's relative?

Even if it were true that hes the only one(impossible to say for anyone being honest/not a maniac) the idea that a lack of athletic ability/coordination out of the millions of other basketball players is the reason is laughable.

Nothing about that crossover makes that dunk exceptionally difficult for a good NBA athlete. Hes barely off the ground. That play doesnt take anyone even close to Jordans level.

Him doing it a few times wouldnt prove others couldnt any more than the hundreds of other times he was in position to do it and didnt...proves he couldnt have done it then.

Basketball is spontaneous and two plays never exactly repeat. You on here picking out specific plays(that arent even that impressive by Jordans standards) talking about nobody else doing them exactly that way?

As if these guys who can put their chin on the rim need to prove they can...dribble in with the right...on the left side...and dunk? And have such a mundane play recorded and in gif form to prove it?

Thousands of people can do that. Thousands not doing it doesnt mean its athletically special by the standards of good athletes. It means it was a nice ass play the fluidity of the game wont present opportunity/reason to do often.

You on here clowning.

Everyone has one-off dunks like this that no one else has.

But the spot that I identified Jordan dunking in, was a spot everyone is always in, but never dunks... only Jordan dunked in that very common spot.

pretty rare for guys to go behind the back like that, in comparison to a simple crossover.
    Last edited by 3ball; 12-14-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Showing one person doing something isnt evidence nobody else can do it. Its just a video clip. Which a rational person doesnt need to be told.

Nothing about the clip proves anything about David thompson, Dr.J, vince Carter, Lebron, Kobe, Gerald Green, or anyone else. Its just a clip.

Me doing something on video...doesnt prove you cant if you dont have a video of it.

It just proves I can.

You...and the rest of humanity...cant be judged by it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    It's easy to identify Lebron's most notable poster off two feet (as you did) because he has so few of them.

Unfortunately, that dunk is not the same as the ones specified in the OP, which are HARDER VERSIONS of the Jordan lean-in.

Lebron has never done the Jordan lean-in while dribbling with his right hand on the left side of the court (like the GIFs posted in OP) - this is the hardest way to do the Jordan lean-in, and Lebron's never done it.
    Yes he has, to many times to count and what is so special about this dunk? Anybody and i mean ANYBODY who can dunk can do this "LEAN IN" dunk.... its actually the same one handed dunk you do of one leg, but you use two legs....

Nothing about that crossover makes that dunk exceptionally difficult for a good NBA athlete.
    then find me someone else dunking in that spot then: dunking off two feet after a single, left-to-right crossover.

you don't have to make a gif, just point me to the time in a youtube.

Hes barely off the ground.
    exactly - that's what makes it a dunk that no one else can do - it is HARD to get elevation off two feet after doing a single, left-to-right crossover.

if you can't understand this, then you have a deficit in your understanding of the game.

3ball deletes his post and then post the exact same thing. Im telling you this dude is crazy.

Yes he does...and I can see his deleted posts.

And the deleted posts of the "other" person so often in his topics arguing with him posting gifs in opposition.

They are either the same person using a computer/connection that makes them doubple post(I heard him mention that once) or its the biggest coincidence ive seen in years.

Yes he does...and I can see his deleted posts.

And the deleted posts of the "other" person so often in his topics arguing with him posting gifs in opposition.

They are either the same person using a computer/connection that makes them doubple post(I heard him mention that once) or its the biggest coincidence ive seen in years.
    Hoops?

No ****ing way.

The problem with gifs is that sometimes the links dont work, but Ive seen far too many normal post deleted then reposted for me to say that is the reason.
    Last edited by navy; 12-14-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navy

The problem with gifs is that sometimes the links dont work, but Ive seen far too many normal post deleted then reposted for me to say that is the reason.
    i assumed that in a basketball forum, it was perfectly legitimate to point out that no one other than Jordan dunks off two feet after executing the very common move iverson does below (a single, left-to-right crossover)... but apparently that is frowned upon...

kblaze - like, you said jordan didn't get up high in his GIF - look how far iverson is from dunking this ^^^^^

MJ dunked this with two hands in thick traffic over a 7-footer... and he pumped once it too.
    Last edited by 3ball; 12-15-2014 at 05:50 AM.