Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Report: Cleveland Cavaliers eyeing LeBron James in 2014 free agency

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    Just a bad look for the state. If that person screaming is representative of any major demographic in Ohio, I feel sorry for you guys.
    I wouldn't do it. But, then again, I probably wouldn't be going to an Ohio State game in Columbus if I were LeBron James, either. Then again, I try to avoid conflict when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    If he's available the Cavs must try to pursue him.

Here is the cleveland.com poll results:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....ooking_to.html

the people have spoken.
    I have to think those of us (like me) who have totally moved on from the idea of James in Cleveland and want nothing to do with it didn't even bother clicking on that article, let alone taking part in the survey. That is hardly empirical evidence of anything.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

I want James back in Cleveland. I see that as the only way for the city to even win a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter
    I want James back in Cleveland. I see that as the only way for the city to even win a championship.
    I can't even articulate how pathetic that sounds. Really pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I can't even articulate how pathetic that sounds. Really pathetic.
    don't you see how pathetic the team is? I don't see the draft helping the team one bit next year. This team sucks and I can admit it. Not everyone in Cleveland hates Lebron anymore. That poll even shows it and I don't care if you think all the Lebron hating ppl didn't vote. Most ppl are over him leaving. Just because you still feel weak in the knees and hate him for leaving doesn't mean all Cavs fans should.

don't you see how pathetic the team is? I don't see the draft helping the team one bit next year. This team sucks and I can admit it. Not everyone in Cleveland hates Lebron anymore. That poll even shows it and I don't care if you think all the Lebron hating ppl didn't vote. Most ppl are over him leaving. Just because you still feel weak in the knees and hate him for leaving doesn't mean all Cavs fans should.
    Actually, it is people like you who are begging and pleading for him to come back that aren't "over it." It is pathetic and embarrassing. I urge you to stop.

No one is forcing you to remain a fan of the Cavs through what we all knew was going to be a difficult rebuild. If you can't be a fan of a team without it contending for a championship, there are plenty of bandwagons to choose from.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 01-15-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Not everyone in Cleveland hates Lebron anymore. That poll even shows it and I don't care if you think all the Lebron hating ppl didn't vote. Most ppl are over him leaving. Just because you still feel weak in the knees and hate him for leaving doesn't mean all Cavs fans should.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Actually, it is people like you who are begging and pleading for him to come back that aren't "over it." It is pathetic and embarrassing. I urge you to stop.

No one is forcing you to remain a fan of the Cavs through what we all knew was going to be a difficult rebuild. If you can't be a fan of a team without it contending for a championship, there are plenty of bandwagons to choose from.
    I never begged or pleaded for him to come back for your information. I didn't even get butt hurt when he left the team. I was a fan of his before he even became a Cav and always will be a fan of his. I will always be a fan of my local team so don't go telling me to jump on some other team because I don't agree you. Who the hell wouldn't want to see the best player in the NBA on their favorite team? You need to stop thinking u are the voice for all Cav fans cuz u are not.

I never begged or pleaded for him to come back for your information. I didn't even get butt hurt when he left the team. I was a fan of his before he even became a Cav and always will be a fan of his. I will always be a fan of my local team so don't go telling me to jump on some other team because I don't agree you. Who the hell wouldn't want to see the best player in the NBA on their favorite team? You need to stop thinking u are the voice for all Cav fans cuz u are not.
    I assume you don't want to be a fan of a rebuild, because you said this...

I don't see the draft helping the team one bit next year. This team sucks and I can admit it.
    Did you think, when James left, this team was going to be contending again 2-3 years later? There were some, at that time, who predicted such a disastrous blow may take decades to recover from.

Now, here we are, a couple years later. We have a future superstar on the roster who is just 20. The team has already surrounded that one potential superstar with very young talent. It will take time for the pieces to come together, to be sure, but this is the way good teams are built. Go take a look at OKC in Durant's second year. They were maybe worse than this team.

I'm not saying this Cavs team will be contending for the playoffs next year. Who knows what happens between now and then. I will say that the roster has a lot of young talent and the franchise has one of the best cap situations in the league, along with multiple picks in upcoming drafts.

If all you can do is sit there and pine away for James to come and "save the franchise" and "he's the only way to get a championship," then yes.... I consider that pretty pathetic.

And, I don't speak for anyone but myself. I think it's pathetic. And, I think it is pathetic if that is truly the franchise's plan (which I'm sure it is not). The article was absurd and so is the premise.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 01-15-2013 at 04:26 AM.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

He should stay in Miami now. Play out his career there.
    Why go back?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    He should stay in Miami now. Play out his career there.
    Why go back?
    Exactly.

Lot's of Lebron to Cleveland/LA rumors in the news, Heat fans shakin in their boots right now seeing as how the Heat aren't doing well this season and are giving Lebron little to no incentive to stay