One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Is James Dolan the reason the Knicks will never become a championship team?

I don't think he's a good owner and just sees the team as revenue.

Default Re: Is James Dolan the reason the Knicks will never become a championship team?

Default Re: Is James Dolan the reason the Knicks will never become a championship team?

YES

fck that slimy piece of shit , just a raging homosexual happy he can suck his own dick on tv. I hope he is hit over by a truck, vultures eat his corpse and a pack of wild dogs takes turns shitting on his remains.

cool guy

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I don't think he's a good owner and just sees the team as revenue.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

He created a culture of losing by signing players to max money who were not worth max money. Not giving GM's and Presidents the power to manage the team also hurt this franchise. He wants to win at any cost and is willing to spend the money, but let the professionals who know basketball spend it for you.

It took Riley a few years to win a Championship in Miami. It will probably take Jackson a few years as well.

The guy was finally turning it around when he hired Donnie Walsh and let him do his work, then he stepped into the Melo negotiations and here we are. I hope Pjax can turn it around for them.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    He created a culture of losing by signing players to max money who were not worth max money. Not giving GM's and Presidents the power to manage the team also hurt this franchise. He wants to win at any cost and is willing to spend the money, but let the professionals who know basketball spend it for you.

It took Riley a few years to win a Championship in Miami. It will probably take Jackson a few years as well.
    Thank you for a thoughtful outlook on the situation

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

James Dolan has been in power for 42 years? ;)

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    The guy was finally turning it around when he hired Donnie Walsh and let him do his work, then he stepped into the Melo negotiations and here we are. I hope Pjax can turn it around for them.
    Let's be honest Donnie Walsh was hella overrated. Anyone could have cleared capspace and given away assets in the process. The Stoudamire signing set the Knicks back 5 years and keeping Gallarini wouldn't have been a bad call considering his injury history.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

That's not true. Zeke had free reign at the Garden.
    To be honest Donnie did nothing special during his reign either although Dolan interfered with the Melo deal there wasnt any really significant genius he displayed. Everyone after Dave Checketts FAILED but the blame does fall on James feet.

Had he gave Donnie more autonomy maybe he would have done something good.
    Although Zen has credibility but do we know if he can build a team.... barely been a year but the horizon doesnt look good.
    Last edited by Rameek; 02-21-2015 at 07:40 PM.