Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CP3 without BG

Default Re: CP3 without BG

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Number of playoff series lost to teams with worse records than his teams': 0.

Posters like Uncle Drew are what's wrong with this forum. Dude isn't even here to actually discuss basketball, just hating/trolling for no reason other than attention.

Nah i get uncle drew here, CP3 is so over-rated, sometimes you gotta look at it from the bigger picture....if hes THAT good, whys he never taken a team to a conference final?
    Hes had some decent support, its not like hes playing on the current Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Posters like Uncle Drew are what's wrong with this forum. Dude isn't even here to actually discuss basketball, just hating/trolling for no reason other than attention.
    Thinking someone is overrated =/= hating. Paul hasn't reached a conference finals once. Something even Melo and Deron Williams have done. FYI, the year Melo reached the conference finals, he blew out Paul by 60 somewhat points. Melo gets mocked, where Paul gets away with excuses. He ran Del Negro out of town, got the coach he wanted, he has Blake, who was a top 3 player last year... But when the going got tough, he choked against Oklahoma City.

According to certain people, CP is the best PG since Magic, blasphemous. It's impossible to be great without making a deep playoff run. Even Nash played until at least early June.

Thinking someone is overrated =/= hating. Paul hasn't reached a conference finals once. Something even Melo and Deron Williams have done. FYI, the year Melo reached the conference finals, he blew out Paul by 60 somewhat points. Melo gets mocked, where Paul gets away with excuses. He got the coach he wanted, he has Blake who was a top 3 player last year. But when the going got tough, he choked against Oklahoma City.

According to certain people, CP is the best PG since Magic, blasphemous. It's impossible to be great without making a deep playoff run. Even Nash played until at least early June.
    Nothing you said has anything to do with the thread. The thread is about CP's play without Blake and you come in here bringing up past irrelevant sh!t for no reason.

And how does he get away with excuses? He gets bashed all the time and is one of the least popular big name stars in the league.
    Last edited by Young X; 02-20-2015 at 08:52 PM.

Nothing you said has anything to do with the thread. The thread is about CP's play without Blake and you come in here bringing up past irrelevant sh!t for no reason.
    Read the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    He's looked pretty good these past few games. Are you guys seeing what you needed to see from him, or is he still not doing enough for your tastes?
    He could put up 100 ppg, if it doesn't lead to W's in the postseason, he hasn't done enough to me. Period.

Read the OP:

He could put up 100 ppg, if it doesn't lead to W's in the postseason, he hasn't done enough to me. Period.
    Kyrie couldn't lead a team to the post-season in the Weak East. Despite playing with two #4 picks and a year with a fellow #1.

Paul led a decent Hornets team to the playoffs in the stacked West and got robbed of an MVP.

hahaha see, this is the problem
    You're praising him for leading a decent team to the playoffs.

Okay.

He basically did that in the OKC series. He only looks for his shot in the playoffs or when his team is shorthanded. He has too much of a team orientated mentality to be aggressive all game, only looks for his shot as the last resort.
    Disagree. He was outplayed by Westbrook in that series. I mean, not like I expected CP to get super aggressive like him, but there were FAR too many stretches in that series, especially on the road, where dude either came up short (missed key field goals), or played passive while Westbrook took it to another gear.

That H2H is the only reason I don't flame posters who have Westbrook > CP.

So our posts have something in common, since mine is filled with facts as well. You ain't fooling no one with that Mavs fan act.

19/13 on 47 percent shooting in his last 4 games. Pretty much par for the course for CP...assists of course will be up because the ball is going to be in his hands more without Blake.

Certainly impressed with him leading the team to some hard-fought victories over 3 play-off teams in the last 4.

Would still like to see him more aggressive looking to score while Blake is out.
    Last edited by LoneyROY7; 02-20-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    Nah i get uncle drew here, CP3 is so over-rated, sometimes you gotta look at it from the bigger picture....if hes THAT good, whys he never taken a team to a conference final?
    Hes had some decent support, its not like hes playing on the current Knicks.
    Because Blake Griffin constantly underperforms and he's rarely lost to a team with HCA (I don't think he ever has)?

I notice the Clippers have played with more intensity without Blake. I've been so sick of Blake Griffin all season. Constantly taking breaks on defense, doesn't rebound, he tries to play like a wing player, chucking midrange and 3's all day acting like he's Curry because of his improved range. Lack of hustle on the defensive end which is contagious. Why would role players want to hustle if their 6'10" freak athletic beast isn't willing to hustle. I'm loving how the Clippers have played without Blake. If he comes back and the Clippers go back to playing soft passive no D no rebounding fakkitball, they seriously need to trade him this summer. What happened to rookie Blake? That dude was an animal.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

So our posts have something in common, since mine is filled with facts as well. You ain't fooling no one with that Mavs fan act.
    lol damn.

NBA All-star

I can't say I'm a fan of players being a stat guy.

but when it comes to the playoff (since regular season, don't mean much and all for a team like that with CP3)

if he would just mentally count the possessions, and what he does on those possessions.

he's still an above .500 scorer, isn't he?

*this tactic does not work for every player.
    You've been warned.