Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Bulls sign Nikola Mirotic

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    This is complete nonsense, and spoken like a person who has never seen a single minute of Mirotic's game. He was one of the quickest, most agile PFs in all of Euroleague..it's one of the main reasons no one there could guard him. He's more than just an elite shooter for his size/position, and he's got more than an elite scoring skillset/BBIQ. He's just physically on a whole different level than his competition - hence the Euroleague MVP, and hence him migrating to the pros. He's certainly not going to have the physical advantage he had in Euroleague when he's playing against NBA athletes..but to suggest he's "slow" and an athletic "liability" is utterly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    That's fine and everything, but what I am saying is in that case you would use him as a center for 5 minutes, not as a small forward. Unless you just wanted the other teams to eventually all figure out they could just switch their best wing scorer on him and ISO every single time.

Which means that it eventually would either be giving up points and/or fouls the whole time he was being used at small forward, or that he simply didn't play those minutes. He could get pushed and shoved around at center, but he already can get pushed and shoved around at power forward. In all honestly, I think he can get pushed and shoved around at small forward, and I think a lot of small forwards can post him up also.

And he likes to stand behind the 3 point line anyway, so it does not really matter in the case of rebounding. So definitely if you want to experiment for 5 minutes it is better to use him at center and let him run the floor and spread the floor and do stuff like that.

At least as a center he could switch screens and show on picks and close out on bigs that could shoot on pick and pop. I can't imagine a single positive thing he could do on defense as a 3.
    Yeah, got it thanks. I'm just speculating based on roster composition. Maybe he does get some minutes at 5 with Taj on the floor as the PF but I'd imagine they'd rather use Pau there. But keeping Pau and Noah should be a priority so maybe there is time available at that spot. They could use help on the wings which is why I'm wondering if they experiment with him at the 3 a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Yeah, got it thanks. I'm just speculating based on roster composition. Maybe he does get some minutes at 5 with Taj on the floor as the PF but I'd imagine they'd rather use Pau there. But keeping Pau and Noah should be a priority so maybe there is time available at that spot. They could use help on the wings which is why I'm wondering if they experiment with him at the 3 a bit.
    Why don't they just use Gibson as a 5 with Mirotic as a 4, going small ball for 5 minutes? I mean they already have a small ball 5 with Noah anyway.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Why don't they just use Gibson as a 5 with Mirotic as a 4, going small ball for 5 minutes? I mean they already have a small ball 5 with Noah anyway.

I think against certain teams they will be able to run a lineup like that. Except with Gasol at the 5.

For certain stretches we might see Rose/Dunleavy/McDermott/Mirotic/Gasol.

Basically surround Rose with shooters who will spread the floor. LeBron ain't locking that up!

Once again showing your complete lack of knowledge on the subject. Europe just lost it's best player, a year after it lost it's previous best player in Giannis. Enjoy watching the shitshow that Euroleague will be next year without him.

Yeah, I would definitely roll that line-up out. I was just thinking that they'd be worried about overusing Dunleavy so they'd get a little creative at SF. But I think Snell might end up being the answer at that spot for when they'd rather go with a defensive line up. They actually have decent shooting on the wings now. I guess the minutes that Mirotic sees really depends on the health of Pau and Noah and how much they plan to rest them during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Once again showing your complete lack of knowledge on the subject. Europe just lost it's best player, a year after it lost it's previous best player in Giannis. Enjoy watching the shitshow that Euroleague will be next year without him.
    Do you ever stop trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Yeah, I would definitely roll that line-up out. I was just thinking that they'd be worried about overusing Dunleavy so they'd get a little creative at SF. But I think Snell might end up being the answer at that spot for when they'd rather go with a defensive line up. They actually have decent shooting on the wings now. I guess the minutes that Mirotic sees really depends on the health of Pau and Noah and how much they plan to rest them during the season.
    Considering Pau's age, they really should rest him him. They should use him how Popovich uses Duncan.

Considering Pau's age, they really should rest him him. They should use him how Popovich uses Duncan.
    Yeah true he shouldn't only play 26-27 per game and I'd bump noah down to like 32 ish instead of the 35 he played last year.