Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Former Bulls Fan.

Default Bulls Contenders Next Season?

If Chicago plays their cards right they could very well be going for that chip next year. First thing they gotta do is focus on signing Tracy McGrady before anyone else (especially the Heat) get him. A lot of you might think TMac is to old but he still has great mileage left in the tank, he is only 30. Tracy McGrady would fit in the Bulls better than any team on the bulls because of his Driving/Jump shooting. Next year the Bulls will be a jump shooting team with Rose leading the offense.

If TMac joins not only will he compliment Rose greatly because he can shoot from anywhere on the court but he can also drive in and is a great passer. He may not be the old TMac but he is still the best FA still out there if you count out injuries. Once the bulls manage to sign Tracy they would now be able to trade away Luol Deng for a starting SG (Korver isnt a starter and neither is Brewer). Maybe package James Johnson and Luol Deng + a future pick to Houston for Kevin Martin (Houston gets an SF that they need and the Bulls get a starting SG and get 3 million more in cap space).

Once the Bulls make these moves I would look to sign Kurt Thomas. Then i would go after a backup PG like Randy Foye and Allen Iverson. If you can't get those you could always sign a rookie PG to see how he does like Scottie Renolds and Edgar Sosa. If the bulls follow these steps they could be so stacked I wouldn't be surprised to see them get past the first round this season lol.

PG: Rose/Foye
    SG: Martin/Korver
    SF: McGrady/Brewer
    PF: Boozer/Gibson
    C: Noah/Thomas

If you can't get Martin or T-Mac they can also go with Plan B and sign Josh Howard.

Rose/McGrady/Boozer compliment each other very well. Only thing this team would really lack is a bit of defense but that is what the new Bull's coach is for. Rose and Noah are great defenders anyway.

Default Re: Bulls Contenders Next Season?

To go to the ECF, yes. That's about it.

Former Bulls Fan.

Yeah that would be more realistic. Im getting ahead of my self. They are better than the Suns last season though and they gave the Lakers a very hard time.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

if they sign tracy, they are not going past the 1st round. Book it. ya'll think the tracy mcgrady curse is a joke.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    if they sign tracy, they are not going past the 1st round. Book it. ya'll think the tracy mcgrady curse is a joke.
    Hell if there is a Tracy "No getting past 1st" curse then for SURE there is a LeBron "No championship" curse.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Nah, I'd say a tier below the Top 5 barring Thibodeau turning us into a defensive juggernaut rivaling his Boston teams. But that's unlikely given our roster, even with your suggested moves. So I'll go with 50-55 wins, 2nd round exit.

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    Hell if there is a Tracy "No getting past 1st" curse then for SURE there is a LeBron "No championship" curse.
    No it's not the same. If Lebron plays at MVP caliber for 5 more seasons with no rings, then maybe there will be a 'no championship curse'.

This isn't a 'no championship' curse, it is a FIRST ROUND curse. Even Joe Johnson can carry his team out of the first round. T-Mac was for 4 or 5 years arguably the best individual player in the league, and never even won one playoff series. Remember when T-Mac got hurt and the Rockets subsequently beat the Blazers and took the Lakers to 7?

I still have them a notch below the Celts, Magic, and Heat.

If our core players continue to improve, we jell well, have extreme luck as far as health, maybe we can mount a fight but I still see us as a player [one bench, one upgrade at starter maybe?] away from those guys right now.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    No it's not the same. If Lebron plays at MVP caliber for 5 more seasons with no rings, then maybe there will be a 'no championship curse'.

This isn't a 'no championship' curse, it is a FIRST ROUND curse. Even Joe Johnson can carry his team out of the first round. T-Mac was for 4 or 5 years arguably the best individual player in the league, and never even won one playoff series. Remember when T-Mac got hurt and the Rockets subsequently beat the Blazers and took the Lakers to 7?

Bulls have some off the best staff in the injury department. TMac trains in Chicago every season. Trust me, 4/5 of our starters can put up 20 any given day so it is not like T-Mac will be leading the team.

Dude, McGrady is WASHED UP.

He is not better than Deng.

He is not better than Brewer.

He is not an NBA starter anymore, he is a shell of his former self that will only eat up cap space and occupy time on the IR. Before he was washed up he was declining and only wanted to jack up jumpers....now he's just a waste of a roster spot.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter

He is not an NBA starter anymore, he is a shell of his former self that will only eat up cap space and occupy time on the IR. Before he was washed up he was declining and only wanted to jack up jumpers....now he's just a waste of a roster spot.
    Right now all the Bulls can get is Allen Iverson/Josh Howard/T-Mac atleast T-Mac still has hope.

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    Right now all the Bulls can get is Allen Iverson/Josh Howard/T-Mac atleast T-Mac still has hope.

T-Mac is done, finito....straight basuro bro.

So instead of wasting money on other teams washed up stars we should maybe get Roger Mason Jr, Eddie House, Tolliver, or some other lively body.

We are a defensive team now. AI, T-Mac, and Josh Howard are not hustling and playing d out there.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Maybe. We have to see them play together first.

I see them being a dark horse, and scaring teams a little bit. I see them either giving a tough fight in the second round, at best they would go to the ECF.

But we gotta see them play together first.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Nah, I'd say a tier below the Top 5 barring Thibodeau turning us into a defensive juggernaut rivaling his Boston teams. But that's unlikely given our roster, even with your suggested moves. So I'll go with 50-55 wins, 2nd round exit.
    Who beats them in the second round? They nearly beat the Celtics without Boozer/Korver/Brewer, and with a younger Rose and Noah.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter

How is he washed up when we haven't even seen him play an extended period of time since he's rehabbed to a healthy state?