Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Default Attn: Georgia and Carolina posters

We are vacationing in the south next summer and I'm just planning out the itinerary. Flying into Atlanta, spending a couple days there then onto Charleston, Savannah, a day or two in Raleigh/Durham then to coastal NC and back to Atlanta.

A couple questions: 1. What are the must see/do things in Atlanta? 2. As things stand right now we will have two 5+ hour drives on the trip, Atlanta to Charleston and Wilmington to Atlanta. Can any posters recommend places of historical interest to stop en route? For an example is Augusta worth stopping in?

Thanks.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Attn: Georgia and Carolina posters

If its a family thing the Georgia aquarium is pretty obvious. If you need to break up one of those long drives downtown greenville sc is nice as hell even though nobody has ever heard of it. Forbes had it as the 17th best in America and some other site had it #3. Its not like....somewhere to visit. But its a nice stop over. Its where people who rarely leave the country areas go to feel like they had a big night out.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    If its a family thing the Georgia aquarium is pretty obvious. If you need to break up one of those long drives downtown greenville sc is nice as hell even though nobody has ever heard of it. Forbes had it as the 17th best in America and some other site had it #3. Its not like....somewhere to visit. But its a nice stop over. Its where people who rarely leave the country areas go to feel like they had a big night out.
    Thanks kblaze, yeah I'm going with the wife and kids. We will definitely check out the aquarium.

Charleston is super nice. My favorite city in the US.

Savannah, GA is nice too... more or less like Charleston but a little louder at night.