Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kentucky

Default Re: Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    You should try being less of a homer. It doesn't matter who recruited Orton or Bledsoe, they were ineligible and had to leave or sit out a long time to get back in good standing.
    Orton stopped attending class because his Dad told him he was better than Cousins and that he was destined for the NBA.

Bledsoe sat out maybe two games.

Other than those two instances (which Orton was already here when Cal came), UK is consistently on top of the SEC per the APR.

Truth hurts.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Orton stopped attending class because his Dad told him he was better than Cousins and that he was destined for the NBA.

Bledsoe sat out maybe two games.

Other than those two instances (which Orton was already here when Cal came), UK is consistently on top of the SEC per the APR.

Truth hurts.

Hit em with that Ether.

some old shit lol.

I just think it's funny when people are like COACH CAL DOING IT WITH FRESHMEN. That's the only facepalm moment anymore. I got over the possible shade and I don't think he's going to get vacated this time. He's finally 'made it.'

But to act like he's doing some great work to succeed with these guys is luls.

-Smak

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Old thread but I'll toss in my .02
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tip
    Calipari doesn't care about academics and seems to only want to coach NBA level talent, fine, coach in the NBA. Thats the natural place for him to be coaching.

However that would be too hard for him and the deck would not be stacked as heavily in his favor as it is now. Instead he prefers to coach with future lottery picks coming off his bench against kids the majority of which will graduate and become PE teachers and insurance salesmen.
    The criticism leveled at LBJ whenever his GM does his job (teams are supposed to gather as much talent as possible) shouldn't leak into NCAA analysis. You are supposed to grab all the talent you can. If you don't, someone else will and they will beat you. That's just how it works.