Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Who here actually played school ball?

Quote Originally Posted by kingsleymore
    I played on my eighth grade team, but was cut from the team in ninth grade. From tenth grade onwards, I played on my volleyball team. I didn't play much basketball until I played for my rec. team in university.
    Another volleyball player nice, what position(s) have you played and at what levels?

College superstar

All Conference in HS. Won a State Championship as a Soph (well, was on a state champ team anyways). Set to play college (D3) but got in an accident. I actually got recruited to play at a few D2 programs but I spent time playing with the Badgers the prior summer and no longer held a lot of hope of playing past college and decided to play at a school a lot of my friends were going to. Then the accident. Couldn't play for two years. Could have played my last year in school and was plenty good to do so but took an internship that would have made life impossible with BB.

My grades and cutting class kept me off my high school team.

I played college ball, was captain on an undefeated state championship HS team, but it all began in 7th grade when I made the C team.

They didn't have the heart to cut us back then, so I made the second C team.