Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: If Kawhi Leonard goes to the Lakers then the NBA would be nothing but a

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Whats with the stupid need to say who was or wasn't around in the 90s bro? You can bet your be like mike pj's i was around then and a Mj fanatic. Rodman was a 2 time dpoy and this "head case" in San Antonio was the 3rd piece of a dynasty in Chicago. I hate to see fanboys try to marginalize everyone like nobody else saw it real time. You can make all the excuses and disclaimers you need to feel better about stupid shit you post but the reality is: the rules and terms of player movement were different then. Period. What's happening now wasn't realistic then. It's the reason the Bulls always had more talent than the opponent.

And when it comes to Lebron you guys just come unglued. I watched the celebration all season becuase supposedly he's done, he didn't care about winning any more. Nobody wants to play with him anyway. Past prime etc. Now they make a single trade to improve a team that missed the postseason and bam. Panic attacks left and right. "oh nooooooo, he's back"
    Rodman was severely depressed to the point of contemplating suicide prior to coming to S.A. He mentioned it in numerous articles and in his book. After S.A., he was viewed as being done by majority of the league resulting in the trade for Perdue and thankfully, he was only considering retirement from the game at this point as opposed to retirement from life.

The Bulls were really the only team that could bring him back. I'm glad they did. He was in a bad spot. I'm a Spurs fan. I rooted for him and was there. I didn't really care about the Bulls. Most of the time I rooted against them in the finals. Still rooted for Rodman though.

You don't know wtf you're talking about.

LeBron's unable to face or overcome the adversity that many superstars used to deal with. Ewing, Miller, DRob, GP, Malone, Stock, Kemp all got shat on for not being able to ring. Was it right? No, except for Malone. He's a piece of trash, but I digress. Those players kept digging in until they:

A.)won the prize - DRob
    B.)retired - Ewing, Miller, Stockton
    C.)got dealt - Kemp
    D.)joined a team when it was obvious their prime was long gone and they couldn't do it on their own. GP, Malone

LeBron has been in his prime conspiring with people he should have had great rivalries with, because he straight up admits he COULDN'T get it done on his own.

But some of you ballwashers are so far up his ass you can't even admit was he has made very clear. He doesn't have what it takes to elevate a team to a championship level without other superstars around him.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Re: If Kawhi Leonard goes to the Lakers then the NBA would be nothing but a

Quote Originally Posted by Loco 50
    Rodman was severely depressed to the point of contemplating suicide prior to coming to S.A. He mentioned it in numerous articles and in his book. After S.A., he was viewed as being done by majority of the league resulting in the trade for Perdue and thankfully, he was only considering retirement from the game at this point as opposed to retirement from life.

The Bulls were really the only team that could bring him back. I'm glad they did. He was in a bad spot. I'm a Spurs fan. I rooted for him and was there. I didn't really care about the Bulls. Most of the time I rooted against them in the finals. Still rooted for Rodman though.

LeBron's unable to face or overcome the adversity that many superstars used to deal with. Ewing, Miller, DRob, GP, Malone, Stock, Kemp all got shat on for not being able to ring. Was it right? No, except for Malone. He's a piece of trash, but I digress. Those players kept digging in until they:

A.)won the prize - DRob
    C.)got dealt - Kemp
    D.)joined a team when it was obvious their prime was long gone and they couldn't do it on their own. GP, Malone

LeBron has been in his prime conspiring with people he should have had great rivalries with, because he straight up admits he COULDN'T get it done on his own.

But some of you ballwashers are so far up his ass you can't even admit was he has made very clear. He doesn't have what it takes to elevate a team to a championship level without other superstars around him.
    Weak era of players and fans. Fans change teams just like the players.

He actually was found sitting in his truck with his gun if my memory serves me correctly. But yes Dennis was flawed, didn't take away the fact he was great at what he did.

Let's talk about what we do know Spurs fan. He was all nba 3rd team and all defensive 1st team the year before he was traded. 1995. Whether or not he wanted to be there or his mental state isn't my business, he was still a great ball player.

In 95 he had 20 games with 20+ rebounds, the next most behind him? 7

[code]
    Rk Player Pos From To Count
    1 Dennis Rodman* F 1995 1995 20
    2 Dikembe Mutombo* C 1995 1995 7
    3 Popeye Jones F 1995 1995 5
    4 Vlade Divac* C 1995 1995 3
    5 Charles Barkley* F 1995 1995 2
    [/code]

from 95 to 98 :
    [code]
    1 Dennis Rodman* F 1995 1998 56
    2 Jayson Williams F 1996 1998 19
    3 Dikembe Mutombo* C 1995 1998 14
    4 Charles Barkley* F 1995 1998 11
    5 Popeye Jones F 1995 1997 9
    6 Shaquille ONeal* C 1995 1998 5
    7 Dale Davis F 1995 1997 4
    8 Patrick Ewing* C 1995 1997 4
    9 Ervin Johnson C 1997 1998 4
    10 Karl Malone* F 1996 1998 4
    [/code]

So leave that he wasn't a big deal shit over there on the side where it belongs. He was a key to Chicago's success in the 2nd 3peat.

A.)won the prize - DRob
    C.)got dealt - Kemp

Lebron
    I'm a Spurs fan.
    Of course. I get it. How else could you possibly feel?

He actually was found sitting in his truck with his gun if my memory serves me correctly. But yes Dennis was flawed, didn't take away the fact he was great at what he did.

Let's talk about what we do know Spurs fan. He was all nba 3rd team and all defensive 1st team the year before he was traded. 1995. Whether or not he wanted to be there or his mental state isn't my business, he was still a great ball player.

[code]
    [/code]

from 95 to 98 :
    [code]
    [/code]
    No other team was willing to risk taking on Dennis after that playoff performance. He wasn't done physically. He was done mentally. The Bulls provided the right environment that allowed both the stability and freedom he needed to reach his potential again.
    So leave that he wasn't a big deal shit over there on the side where it belongs. He was a key to Chicago's success in the 2nd 3peat.
    Who said he wasn't a key to Chicago's success? I'm saying the league as a whole was done with him with the lone exception being Chicago and even they (Phil Jackson) was quoted as saying it's a low risk, high reward proposition. If he's too far gone, they'd cut him.

In the end all the awards and those beautiful stats netted us Will Perdue.

Fortunately, he continued to do what he excelled at rebound and play defense in the perfect environment for him. One where they didn't give a shit about how different he was, so long as he produced. The Spurs couldn't do that.
    Lebron

Odd that you think you got a zinger here. Spurs fans have mighty fine memories of LeBron. Mighty fine. Our team helped chase him to Miami and then helped chase him back to Cleveland.

We don't think much of him at all tbh, especially those of us that saw Robinson struggle for years with shit teams without quitting. I kind of pity him.

He could have done much more in a much more admirable way if he was just confident enough in his own skills and humble enough to allow himself to be coached.

Only player I'd say the Spurs tatooed worse than LeBron was Kobe by making his punk ass cry on national television.

[code]
    [/code]

from 95 to 98 :
    [code]
    [/code]

Lebron

I refuse to believe you aren't a millennial, everything about you is taking the short cut, just like your hero LeBron, old schoolers don't agree with the way LeBron wants to ring chase, by hoarding the best players just to make it easy, the fraud even said it on that Miami Big Three celebration...he doesn't like competition, that couldn't b more obvious.

How easy would it have been for MJ for example, after losing time and again vs the Pistons, to call up his buddies Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing to create a super team somewhere? Or how about go out west and join another friend of his in Magic Johnson? That's the LeBron weak beta mentality. But guess what, MJ didn't want to join his opponent after losing to them, he wanted to beat them, finally got surrounded by decent talent and the rest is history for the GOAT.

Must really suck to follow your millennial idol and try to pretend he's the GOAT...yeah he's a GOAT all right...
    Going
    On
    Another
    Team

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWB15
    "New Street League"

The league would allow LeFraud to have all this f*cking power and create his own team so he can win more titles? The league will officially be a F*cking JOke
    ^^^ It's already a joke because that's happened three times already

Lebron teamed up with 2 other top 15 players TWICE in his career, so teaming up with 2 top 5 guys is simply lebron getting GOOD at collusion

The NBA became a joke with "the decision", when lebron stacked his team in a conference where Dwight Howard was dragging weak casts to the Finals.. He formed strong casts in a conference that didn't require strong casts to make the Finals - this ensured a bunch of Finals runs to boost his career, because he couldn't make the Finals in 09/10 with favored 1 seeds..

Normally when a superstar can't win rings, tough luck - see Elgin Baylor and Oscar Robertson - but the NBA has babied lebron and helped him collude for unearned rings - it's a joke.. WWE basically
    Last edited by 3ball; 06-17-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Who said he wasn't a key to Chicago's success? I'm saying the league as a whole was done with him with the lone exception being Chicago and even they (Phil Jackson) was quoted as saying it's a low risk, high reward proposition. If he's too far gone, they'd cut him.

In the end all the awards and those beautiful stats netted us Will Perdue.

Fortunately, he continued to do what he excelled at rebound and play defense in the perfect environment for him. One where they didn't give a shit about how different he was, so long as he produced. The Spurs couldn't do that.
    This part of your post pretty much says you didn't even disagree with my point. The rest doesn't even matter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I refuse to believe you aren't a millennial, everything about you is taking the short cut, just like your hero LeBron, old schoolers don't agree with the way LeBron wants to ring chase, by hoarding the best players just to make it easy, the fraud even said it on that Miami Big Three celebration...he doesn't like competition, that couldn't b more obvious.

How easy would it have been for MJ for example, after losing time and again vs the Pistons, to call up his buddies Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing to create a super team somewhere? Or how about go out west and join another friend of his in Magic Johnson? That's the LeBron weak beta mentality. But guess what, MJ didn't want to join his opponent after losing to them, he wanted to beat them, finally got surrounded by decent talent and the rest is history for the GOAT.

Must really suck to follow your millennial idol and try to pretend he's the GOAT...yeah he's a GOAT all right...
    Going
    On
    Another
    Team
    Millenial the go to insult of old guys that don't have a leg to stand on. You can believe whatever you choose I don't know you, you don't know me so I couldn't care less of your opinion. About shortcuts, why would anyone need to take a "shortcut" when you already have more than your opponent? It's unnecessary didn't stop them from adding what would be considered loaded in 96 though.

Funny thing you mention calling up Barkley and Ewing, because that's exactly what he did in Washington. Barkley was thinking of coming out of retirement to play with the wizards. Or maybe in 96 when Mj was an hour away from being a knick with Ewing......

Shit happens in sports guys. Teams with talent win. Never gonna change.