Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819
    Learning to shoot layups IBALL.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    that was bull**** espn started the rumor and espn discussed the rumor. theres a million things like that during the year. im sure george karl did mention it cause thats how he is. and im sure kiki did this...

any REAL fan knows enough that the espn guys are full of **** often, and that 75% of the rumors (at least) are just that, rumors. regardless of the discussion level.
    Exactly my point (the fact that they even discussed it) and I know some rumors are more true than others but fact is:
    1: Iverson has 3 years left on his contract(not to mention the fact that A.I. is financially more popular than Melo. Fan voted All Star game starter and higher jersey and tix sales,etc.)
    2: Melo signed a 3 instead of 5 yr extension (which coincides w/ Camby's contract expiring) to see how the Nuggets progress Championship wise (which was very smart on his part).
    3: Kiki is no longer there and who knows what deals Rex Chapman will be willing to do to improve the team (financially and/or winning wise) especially closer to the expiring of Melo's and Camby's contracts, you take a chance on losing him to free agency if team doesn't win a title by then.
    4: X-Factor: J.R. Smith...who knows how good/great he could become because he definitely can shoot better than Melo but he doesn't have that dog in him like Melo does. He has the tools (but does he have the desire to use them to succeed and his contract is up in 2 yrs). FREE AGENCY is the biggest X-Factor so who knows what NBA player could be the guy to get said team the NBA title.
    5: Winning=marketability=sales=profits (unless you have a ONCE in a lifetime player like MJ,Shaq,A.I.etc. status then replace the winning part of the equation w/ said player). Business never personal.
    Last edited by IBALL.; 12-20-2006 at 06:36 PM.

Default Re: Sixers, Nuggets reach agreement for Iverson

A.i needs to settle down and get a championship because personally I belive he deserves it after being traded too much in his career and every year continuing to be a NBA top scorer and has not gotten a Title yet. It would be a shame for a player of his Caliber to leave the league like that. To go that far and now have anything to show for it would be disappointing.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    A.i needs to settle down and get a championship because personally I belive he deserves it after being traded too much in his career and every year continuing to be a NBA top scorer and has not gotten a Title yet. It would be a shame for a player of his Caliber to leave the league like that. To go that far and now have anything to show for it would be disappointing.
    He isn't the first, won't be the last. And he has only been traded twice in 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    He isn't the first, won't be the last. And he has only been traded twice in 12 years.
    Yea your right i kinda over exagerated on the trade thing but, I know he's not the first and won't be the last but I personally think he deserves it even though i've never been a fan of any team he's been on.