Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: HAha Blazers lose on a brick 3 pt bank by Turkoglu

where's odenized? He used to be so quick with these videos.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    nope. A brick is when you shoot it too hard. It doesn't matter if it luckily goes in, its still a brick. A bank is intended backboard shot. y'all don't know what you're talking about
    Then wtf is a brick bank? You are contradicting yourself. Not to mention Hedo allways intentially aims for the backboard when the clock is waning and always makes it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    I cannot believe you have 3000+ posts and know so little about basketball (do you watch games or boxscores?). Do you hang around the OTC alot to up your post count?

I can't believe you have 2k while my knowledge of the game completely ****s on yours

It always makes me laugh when people pretend to know so much more than me. Trust me kid you don't

Banned

Then wtf is a brick bank? You are contradicting yourself. Not to mention Hedo allways intentially aims for the backboard when the clock is waning and always makes it.

LMAO you actually think he meant to do that? You can't be that dumb

I'll gif the "brick" when they show it on espn.

nope. A brick is when you shoot it too hard. It doesn't matter if it luckily goes in, its still a brick. A bank is intended backboard shot. y'all don't know what you're talking about
    If everyone is against your definition of what a brick is...
    Don't you think that maybe it's you that doesn't know what you're talking about?

Banned

Ok good excuse. Except Hedo made the exact same shot last year with time running out against the Celtics. If you ever played basketball you would know when facing the backboard using the glass is very efficient.

honestly dude you can't be this dumb. And you have the nerve to question my bball knowledge?

Nobody, i mean nobody intends to bank 3's, especially with the game on the line.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Ok good excuse. Except Hedo made the exact same shot last year with time running out against the Celtics. If you ever played basketball you would know when facing the backboard using the glass is very efficient.
    What percent of Hedo's made threes are banks?

I have played much basketball at probably a higher level than you have and I have never heard of a player using the glass purposefully on a straightaway shot from >20 feet. Nor have I ever seen it done in pro ball. Not even Duncan tries banks on jumpshots unless he has a 45-60 degree angle on the hoop.

Then wtf is a brick bank?
    It's a shot that was a brick (grossly off from where it was intended to go) and a shot that was a bank (off the glass and in). Brick bank. I don't see the problem... it sounds like it should be a contradiction, but with flukes like this, there's no other way to describe it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mewwem22
    If everyone is against your definition of what a brick is...
    Don't you think that maybe it's you that doesn't know what you're talking about?

nope. I trust my opinion more than most people's here

You're still sticking to this bs? Seriously?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by artest 93
    He's challenging the dictionary.

lol give me the dictionary version then

Banned

honestly dude you can't be this dumb. And you have the nerve to question my bball knowledge?

Nobody, i mean nobody intends to bank 3's, especially with the game on the line.
    LOL! You think there is such a thing as a brick bank of course I question your B-Ball knowledge. Hedo has made several 3 pointers and clutch shots in the past using a bank shot. You are telling me they are all unintentional? Give me a break. I don't know what you do in your canadian playground, but these men are professionals, and rightfully some of them use the efficient bank shot to their disposal.

edit: And I love the way everyone so far has said you are wrong.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Posts Penyeach
    A bank from 3 is the equivalent of an airball. It should not have gone in. It was grossly off. You shouldn't be proud of winning on a shot like that because it shouldn't have gone in. The fact that it did anyway does not make it a clutch shot because it was grossly off from where he aimed it. I call that a brick, a fluke.

It's only a "bank" if he aimed for the glass, which nobody does from 3.
    What? At the end of the day... it's a win... doesn't matter how you get it.. it's a win on the road... a game the Blazers will never get back... a bank is a bank.. it does not matter if he intended it to hit the backboard... the fact of the matter is it did bank... and a shot that hits the backboard and goes in is a bank shot regardless of how it happened or whether or not it was intended to.

Obvious troll is obvious.