Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: D. Rose quote after today's FIBA game

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    He's been overrated. Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, and healthy D. Rose are most definitely better.

His most redeeming skill hasn't even been dominant on this USA team.

His 25 ppg 7 apg gets compared to Rose's 2011 MVP season by short sighted ISH members.

Yet Derrick played with no David Lee, Andre Iguodala, Klay Thompson to rack up dimes. And the Warriors play at a much higher offensive pace than any of those Bulls teams. So Derrick was shouldering a larger percentage of his team's offensive burden than the comparable box score numbers suggest.

Rose is the better defender. So much better at finishing at the rim. Where Curry often goes weakly into the lane. A reason why I actually think Kyrie Irving might be better than him at as well.

Curry to me isn't a superstar in a more physical game. Much like his pops, when you can actually play defense, he'd be a spot up shooter. Nothing more. The physicality in FIBA ball is part of the reason he might be struggling.

I don't consider Curry to be better than Kyrie Irving, or Dame Lillard honestly. All can shoot, dribble, and pass reasonably well. Kyrie gets to the basket and finishes better than both. NONE of them play defense.

Paul / Westbrook / D. Rose are the best PGs in the league. I don't think it's even really debatable. Their ability to dominate, feel for the game, attack, finish, control tempo and more specifically play defense separate them substantially from the rest of the pack in my basketball opinion.
    All this. High turnover PG

Banned

Going the KD fake humble route I see...

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Never ending hunger

self critical, unlike that idiot D-Rose who bailed on his teammates two years in a row because of "muscle memory"

****ing joke.
    You are so obsessed with rose it is not even funny... All you do is talk shit about him...

It's obvious it's cause westbrook plays for the thunder and you are jealous of rose
    rose is one of the hardest workers in the league, the guy got praise from kobe who doesn't praise anyone's work ethic

Just keep hating bro, your agenda is obvious

OMG rose is such a *****! I hate him guys! He isn't like Peyton manning guys, he is retarded guys! I hate him

What a crybaby this guy is

One thing is for sure, these FIBA rules expose the shot-jacking one-dimensional, happy go lucky scorers.

Harden played solid today. I give dude his props, but his flopping doesn't and NEVER WILL jive in international play. Guy all but threw the kitchen sink at Slovenia and his flailing was never called.

Curry is struggling so he would just be a spot up shooter. Drose shoots 20% in the same tournament and he's easily a top 3 PG after not having played one good game in the NBA in over 2 years, whilst the other averages 24/8 on great shooting numbers whilst being swarmed every night by opposing defenses. Ok Swish.

Last time Drose played a stretch of NBA games 16ppg on 35% shooting a/ 4ast and 3.5 to's, i guess that shows that he's easily a top 3 PG....All of this over one game, did u forget steph had 20 the other night?

And i never claimed he was better than 2011 Drose, but that Drose is much better than the one we today. That's the thing, 2011 Drose is long gone for now, he just isn't at that level he once was...

This team could use Westbrook, for Fiba/Olympics he actually transitioned to an off-ball cutter and disruptor, mainly getting his points in transition, off quick movement, and played tight aggressive defense with the more open rules. He didn't play the same way he plays for OKC, he actually adapted for a different team. The rest of these guys seem to think this is the NBA.

Anyone remember this...

http://youtu.be/9GGUD5BJ19A?t=6m30s

Pretty hilarious sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    Curry is struggling so he would just be a spot up shooter. Drose shoots 20% in the same tournament and he's easily a top 3 PG after not having played one good game in the NBA in over 2 years, whilst the other averages 24/8 on great shooting numbers whilst being swarmed every night by opposing defenses. Ok Swish.
    I said when healthy Derrick is better than Curry. Which holds weight if you've seen both of them play.

Derrick has missed 2 years of competitive basketball, coming off two major knee injuries. How would he have had any truly great games in that time frame? Dumb argument. Did you seemingly forget this important factor in his current performance?

Oh, and defenses aren't swarming in on Curry alone. He has a teack stacked with offensive talent, and a gunning, free flowing offensive approach that allows for more opportunities offensively.

Also, Rose is the type of player who needs to get in rythym, and to consistently be aggressive. Not play 15 minutes, while looking to pass consistently to make sure everyone is touching the ball the way he is on Team USA.

Today? Was asked to be aggressive, and viola? The best game he's played all tournament.

Meanwhile Curry has a jumper to rely on consistently. Steph hasn't missed 2 years of ball, with atrophy or rust on his game like Derrick. And yet he hasn't played well either. What's his excuse?

FYI I said Curry in a more physical basketball league is more a spot up shooter than he would be otherwise. The physicality even in international ball exposes him a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    That's the thing, 2011 Drose is long gone for now, he just isn't at that level he once was...
    He's rusty, timing, decision making, aggressiveness ... but he still looks insanely athletic. He's still a better, more dynamic finisher at the rim than Curry's weak attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I said when healthy Derrick is better than Curry. Which holds weight if you've seen both of them play.

Derrick has missed 2 years of competitive basketball, coming off two major knee injuries. How would he have had any truly great games in that time frame? Dumb argument. Did you seemingly forget this important factor in his current performance?

Oh, and defenses aren't swarming in on Curry alone. He has a teack stacked with offensive talent, and a gunning, free flowing offensive approach that allows for more opportunities offensively.

Also, Rose is the type of player who needs to get in rythym, and to consistently be aggressive. Not play 15 minutes, while looking to pass consistently to make sure everyone is touching the ball the way he is on Team USA.

Today? Was asked to be aggressive, and viola? The best game he's played all tournament.

Meanwhile Curry has a jumper to rely on consistently. Steph hasn't missed 2 years of ball, with atrophy or rust on his game like Derrick. And yet he hasn't played well either. What's his excuse?

FYI I said Curry in a more physical basketball league is more a spot up shooter than he would be otherwise. The physicality even in international ball exposes him a little.

He's rusty, timing, decision making, aggressiveness ... but he still looks insanely athletic. He's still a better, more dynamic finisher at the rim than Curry's weak attempts.
    My point in saying he hasn't played well in and NBA game in over 2 years, was to show that it's ludicrous to say he's easily a top 3 PG when he hasn't proved himself against real competition. Would you have said he's easily a top 3 PG a few days ago? Your jumping the gun, heck steph had a nice game against Mexico the other day too

For the tourney

Steph: 10.5/3.5 41/46/100
    DRose: 5.5/3 30/8/77

Again steph hasn't been great, he has been ok, maybe slightly underwhelming. Nothing to really make you rethink how much of a 'star' he is or if he's overrated.

As for the bolded, you said this...

Much like his pops, when you can actually play defense, he'd be a spot up shooter. Nothing more
    Im hoping you were exaggerating to make a point....

I don't really care much about FIBA in terms of evaluating a player, different role, different system along with the fact they're sharing the ball with 11-12 other top players in the league.

We saw a healthy Drose last season and he struggled, we've seen a healthy drose in fiba and he hasn't played well. So no im not gonna say a healthy drose is better then steph until he proves himself in the NBA, which he hasn't done, same with FIBA...
    Last edited by Warfan; 09-10-2014 at 01:30 AM.

These Rose debates bring the best in people. Best one so far is from the guy who thinks Rondo is the best PG in the league while saying Curry is overrated big time.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    How the F*CK do you have that many green bars when your posts are such crap???

Him and Jameer jerk each other off in the BTE thread. Others follow suit. You don't have to have basketball knowledge like RBA and co., you just have to be liked by rep whores with large green bars.

I asked John Freeman to post something with knowledge about the Kings(supposedly his team) he responds with links that show him saying one liners in someone else's Kings thread

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Jealous brah?

John is a fggt.

Still waiting for you to post a thread about the Kings which shows you know a thing or two about them

I can't believe you are 30+ years old Poido. You must be the biggest ****** irl

I can't believe you are 30+ years old Poido. You must be the biggest ****** irl

When you get to my age, you will realise how pathetic your existence is on here rep whore

What's worse, is you can't mask how bad of a poster you are by actually;

1. Having basketball knowledge

2. Talking about your team

You are the one who bitches about rep and alts all the time. Find a post of mine begging for rep. 30 year old who accuses Jameer of being a pedo

You are the one who bitches about rep and alts all the time. Find a post of mine begging for rep. 30 year old who accuses Jameer of being a pedo

Deflection.

Cmon man, you're in there getting all buddy buddy with everyone in the BTE. Everyone who is in there has large green bars, how else do they get it?

Unless you are admitting to having multiple alts

Still, no Kings talk to speak of. You NEVER talk about them, you spend more time defending lebron in threads.