Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Explain to me, rationally, why/how CP3 is the "best PG in the league".

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    But still the most premium asset at the PG position is being a floor general and dropping dimes. U seem to be missing that point! Parker, Westbrook, and Rose came into the L as scoring minded PG's. That's WHO THEY ARE! A guy like CP3 can ALSO be a dominant scorer too, but he's a natural pass first PG. Have u watched CP3 in his career? Do u realize the numbers he has put up in his career? I have no problem with somebody thinking Westbrook is a better player that CP3. BUT CP3 is the better PG. It's like Aaron Rodgers or Elway vs. Mike Vick at his best. Vick is the best athlete ever at the QB. But the NUMBER ONE JOB of a QB is to drop dimes and make receivers happy. A guy like Aaron Rodgers or Elway is a great pocket passer first but they are also very athletic and can scramble well for yards. It's the same when comparing CP3 vs. guys like Westbrook and Parker. Two different but yet DOMINANT SKILLSETS.
    If the NBA was about who is the most skilled player, then CP3 would be an all time great.

But at the end of the day it's about who puts the most pressure on the opposition and gets them into the resultant foul trouble. CP3 doesn't do this. He also sucks on defense. Thats why he always chokes away games because he leaves the game in the refs hands instead of forcing the issue like a Tony Parker.

Default Re: Explain to me, rationally, why/how CP3 is the "best PG in the league".

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    If the NBA was about who is the most skilled player, then CP3 would be an all time great.

But at the end of the day it's about who puts the most pressure on the opposition and gets them into the resultant foul trouble. CP3 doesn't do this. He also sucks on defense. Thats why he always chokes away games because he leaves the game in the refs hands instead of forcing the issue like a Tony Parker.
    For the record, CP3 is WELL ON HIS WAY to being an all time great. He's EASILY gonna be in the HOF when his career is over:

2005-06 NBA All-Rookie (1st)
    2007-08 NBA All-Defensive (2nd)
    2007-08 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2008-09 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
    2008-09 NBA All-NBA (2nd)
    2010-11 NBA All-Defensive (2nd)
    2010-11 NBA All-NBA (3rd)
    2011-12 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
    2011-12 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2012-13 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
    2012-13 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2013-14 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
    2013-14 NBA All-NBA (1st)

So how does his defense SUCK when he made 1st team all defense this year! And he's on track to be a top 5 caliber GOAT PG! And once again u seem not to grasp the number one job of PG. If Paul has a beast like Blake inside to dominate, then Paul doesn't have to get to the line as much. The Clippers have a traditional big frontline at PF and C with Griffin and Jordan. And BOTH are beast finishers who are freak athletes!

It makes A LOT MORE SENSE to utilize those guys strengths and break down the D to GET THEM THE BALL! Paul still puts major pressure on D and gets to the line! In terms of FTA per game, Paul averages more FTA per game than Parker for many seasons. And even though Paul is a pass first PG, he averaged more point that Parker this past year as well as in many seasons. And Paul shoots pretty 85% to 87% every season! Get your facts straight!
    Last edited by bizil; 09-08-2014 at 04:24 AM.

Not only is he not the best pg in the league.He has never been the best pg in the league parker was always better....Now westbrook is better too.If you consistently get outplayed in the playoffs by a point guard every year you will never be #1 in my rankings

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    For the record, CP3 is WELL ON HIS WAY to being an all time great. He's EASILY gonna be in the HOF when his career is over:

2005-06 NBA All-Rookie (1st)
    2007-08 NBA All-Defensive (2nd)
    2007-08 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2008-09 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
    2008-09 NBA All-NBA (2nd)
    2010-11 NBA All-Defensive (2nd)
    2010-11 NBA All-NBA (3rd)
    2011-12 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
    2011-12 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2012-13 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
    2012-13 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2013-14 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
    2013-14 NBA All-NBA (1st)

So how does his defense SUCK when he made 1st team all defense this year! And he's on track to be a top 5 caliber GOAT PG! And once again u seem not to grasp the number one job of PG. If Paul has a beast like Blake inside to dominate, then Paul doesn't have to get to the line as much. The Clippers have a traditional big frontline at PF and C with Griffin and Jordan. And BOTH are beast finishers who are freak athletes!

It makes A LOT MORE SENSE to utilize those guys strengths and break down the D to GET THEM THE BALL! Paul still puts major pressure on D and gets to the line! In terms of FTA per game, Paul averages more FTA per game than Parker for many seasons. And even though Paul is a pass first PG, he averaged more point that Parker this past year as well as in many seasons. And Paul shoots pretty 85% to 87% every season! Get your facts straight!
    All this and he has never made it out of the 2nd round, despite having the most stacked team in the NBA...so what do all the accolades matter?

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

When/if CP3 stop flopping, I'll consider him the best PG

5-time NBA All-Star

Paul confuses me at times. Probably is the most complete PG ever. A true maestro. But if you look hard there are definitely things that have to bug you. The underdevelopment of the Clipper's frontline was weird. Blake was in retro grade until CP3 got injured. Deandre Jordan was a taller K Mart minus some intensity before CP3 arrived. That was the best frontline for a PG a couple of years ago. And perhaps the best team possible for an elite PG.

Chris was definitely outplayed by Westbrook. While less of a PG, Westbrook had more impact and would sometimes do layups without even doing a move to get to the basket. The biggest question with CP3 is does the battery run out. He usually plays two great games in a series and then his aggression falls off. His focus doesn't laser in and you wonder about his drive.

Tony Parker controls the game better than Paul. Parker also gets up for every game better than Paul does and his team offensively runs a lot better when challenged. His games steps up a bit better than Paul's game does. He's noticeably more experienced and wouldn't get suckered into running with Westbrook.

CP3 is the best all around PG for sure. But I wouldn't say he is the best for sure. I definitely know I trust Parker's and Westbrook's resiliency and consistency more. Parker will adapt better and Westbrook will keep coming at you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Paul confuses me at times. Probably is the most complete PG ever. A true maestro. But if you look hard there are definitely things that have to bug you. The underdevelopment of the Clipper's frontline was weird. Blake was in retro grade until CP3 got injured. Deandre Jordan was a taller K Mart minus some intensity before CP3 arrived. That was the best frontline for a PG a couple of years ago. And perhaps the best team possible for an elite PG.

Chris was definitely outplayed by Westbrook. While less of a PG, Westbrook had more impact and would sometimes do layups without even doing a move to get to the basket. The biggest question with CP3 is does the battery run out. He usually plays two great games in a series and then his aggression falls off. His focus doesn't laser in and you wonder about his drive.

Tony Parker controls the game better than Paul. Parker also gets up for every game better than Paul does and his team offensively runs a lot better when challenged. His games steps up a bit better than Paul's game does. He's noticeably more experienced and wouldn't get suckered into running with Westbrook.

CP3 is the best all around PG for sure. But I wouldn't say he is the best for sure. I definitely know I trust Parker's and Westbrook's resiliency and consistency more. Parker will adapt better and Westbrook will keep coming at you.
    Thats exactly it. History has proven that teams don't win when their best player is a PG. Hell, Nash was 2x the player CP3 is and he couldn't make the Finals either.

He's not. Most of this board has a junior high level understanding of "positions" and what "jobs each position is supposed to do".

Paul just fits what most people think a pg is supposed to look and act and play like.

Parker and westbrook have never even been their team's best players.

the spurs were straight up better without him last year.

curry is close, but he's a TO machine and plays no defense. hasn't made it any further than Paul.

please stop

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard

Parker routinely doesn't step up in the playoffs, because on the spurs he doesn't have to and they still win

Celtics 2016 Champs

I know this maybe blasphemy.. but can we compare CP3 to Wilt. In the case that initially Wilt was not able to win championships but he did carry his team, somewhat like what CP3 is doing now? (but in the case i felt like Blake carried the team)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    CP3 is a career loser, no better than Melo
    Just like that poster Jameer, life loser

3-time NBA All-Star

Thats exactly it. History has proven that teams don't win when their best player is a PG. Hell, Nash was 2x the player CP3 is and he couldn't make the Finals either.
    Magic and isiah say hi. Whereas score first pgs hasnt won since the creation of this league as the best player.. LOL These low IQs

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    CP3 is a career loser, no better than Melo
    you forgot to mention your boy webber