Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Will PG's injury end max contract players playing in Olympics/team USA?

It's not even any worse than season-ending bowling-related injuries.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Will PG's injury end max contract players playing in Olympics/team USA?

I'm guessing a good amount of them will stop playing but not all. Some players themselves won't want to play and some teams will pressure them not to. I don't think there will be anything official happening. But I'd say 2/3 to 1/2 of the players that would be playing otherwise won't be anymore. US will still have a great team and will be the favorites just not as great.

[QUOTE=NuggetsFan]I mean hockey's different from basketball, isn't as competitive internationally nor do the players seem to take as much pride in it.

Not true. Very competitive and Players LOVE repping their countries. What did you base this on?

I usually hit open layups

I believe the Spurs had a clause in Ginobili's contract that they would make the call on if he would be able to play in the FIBA tournament this year. Wouldn't surprise me if this became the norm going forward.

this could have easily happened in a workout as well. You gonna put a no workout clause in...this is silly, it was an overuse injury...shit happens.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Owners are gonna be pissed sure, but the contact is insured. Pacers will get every $ back, and won't they get an injured player exception too?

These players play on Ruckers on the concrete for sponsors who set things up so badly at times they need to cancel games. I'm thinking these tournaments will continue with players in them.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar