Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tony Parker signs multi-year contract extension with the Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    He's underpaid.
    Best pg in the league.

Buford doin work.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    How is a 3 year deal at $15m/year overpaying for a top 5 point guard?
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    They're at far different points in their careers...Tony is one of the best point guards in the league...this is a good deal and nothing less. My goodness.
    Eh, we'll just have to agree to disagree then. I'm admittedly a bit of a Parker hater, but I think what he gives you is easier to replace than what Timmy gives you, yes even at this stage in his career.

The Spurs are a smart organization so it won't hurt them, but I think they could've gotten away with paying him less, especially since they're gonna need the cap space to sign Duncan's replacement.

Da Mavs

3 years 43 million

@WojYahooNBA 7s
    He'll make $13.4M, $14.4M and $15.4M over life of three-year extension, source tells Yahoo.
    And SA will have plenty of cap space by the time Duncan retires. The salary cap is expected to leap about $20 million in the next 2-3 years. There's plenty to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    3 years 43 million

And SA will have plenty of cap space by the time Duncan retires. The salary cap is expected to leap about $20 million in the next 2-3 years. There's plenty to work with.
    Really? If it's expected to be that much, then the deal isn't bad at all IMO.

Very good NBA starter

Whatever it takes to satisfy his ego, motivate him, keep him caring about playing hard (now that TP has 4 rings). spurs are like a family. I'm sure they have it all worked out, their immediate and distant plans. Best run organization in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    How is a 3 year deal at $15m/year overpaying for a top 5 point guard?
    Listen dude, Parker is definitely good but he's not a top 5 point guard. CP3, Westbrook, Curry, Wall, Lillard, a healthy D-Rose and arguably Irving are all better than him right now.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Yeah shit, overpaying there for sure.
    Well, he's sacrificed a lot and been underpaid for years. He clearly is a max player if players like Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson, Deron Williams, etc. have been able to make the money they've made. This will actually be the most per year he's ever made. Spurs might be resigned to the fact that Duncan and Ginobili will be retiring after next year and they won't really be as strong of a contender anymore so they want to pay Parker back while they're not contending. Or maybe they feel that Duncan and Ginobili might come back at lower salaries and they can pay Parker even more as a result.

why is he so happy about being underpaid? f*ck NBA and Spurs, those guys don't leave money on the table for nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Best pg in the league.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Yeah shit, overpaying there for sure.
    Kobe stan............

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Listen dude, Parker is definitely good but he's not a top 5 point guard. CP3, Westbrook, Curry, Wall, Lillard, a healthy D-Rose and arguably Irving are all better than him right now.
    I have no idea what makes Irving better. I don't really even see what makes him that great. He's one of the most overrated players in the league IMO. He's a really good player but honestly, if I'm the Cavs I might want to wait till I can trade Kyrie to the Wolves for Love instead of Wiggins. Wall and Lillard haven't done anything noteworthy to be considered better. And I'm a huge Bulls fan, but Rose being healthy is still a question mark.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    Kobe stan............
    He's overpaid too.

It's not like he didn't know the score, so he's well aware that he won't be contending these next two years, which could be his final two seasons before retiring.

It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I have no idea what makes Irving better. I don't really even see what makes him that great. He's one of the most overrated players in the league IMO. He's a really good player but honestly, if I'm the Cavs I might want to wait till I can trade Kyrie to the Wolves for Love instead of Wiggins. Wall and Lillard haven't done anything noteworthy to be considered better. And I'm a huge Bulls fan, but Rose being healthy is still a question mark.
    You don't have to do anything noteworthy to be considered better..Love hasn't done anything noteworthy in his career and he's still better than Dirk right now. Besides, Lillard's play against Houston and Wall getting his team to the 2nd round for the first time in 9 seasons should count for something. Lillard is just a better basketball player right now, as is Wall if you factor in defense as we should.

Westbrook
    CP3
    Curry
    Lillard
    Wall

That's 5 right there..and Rose from all reports/indications from players, staff, and media from Team USA have said he's back to his old self. Which would push TP out of the top 6 as well.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    You don't have to do anything noteworthy to be considered better..Love hasn't done anything noteworthy in his career and he's still better than Dirk right now. Besides, Lillard's play against Houston and Wall getting his team to the 2nd round for the first time in 9 seasons should count for something. Lillard is just a better basketball player right now, as is Wall if you factor in defense as we should.

Westbrook
    CP3
    Curry
    Lillard
    Wall

That's 5 right there..and Rose from all reports/indications from players, staff, and media from Team USA have said he's back to his old self. Which would push TP out of the top 6 as well.
    Does it really matter? It's all semantics if he's top 3 or top 5 or top 10...bottom line is that he is absolutely worth that deal.

why are we talking about top 5 in general? spurs didn't even have anyone in the mvp race and still crushed miami by 14+ a game.